AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2016-04-19, 12:00   Link #21
Gravitas Free Zone

"Our Battlefield" appeared on Niconico.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28660596

I guess the unfortunate thing is that the other insert song was apparently so brief that I don't even remember it.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 04:20   Link #22
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Macross Delta's first OST will hit stores 6/22.

http://macross.jp/news/?id=222

The website has been updated with the track listings.
Old 2016-04-28, 11:57   Link #23
Boukenxha

I'm surprise Bokura no Senjou isn't on the tracklist for this one.

Was looking forward to hearing the full version. It has become my favorite among the songs we've heard so far, love especially when it kicks into techno gear.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 20:34   Link #24
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Here is hoping May'n as Sheryl Nome would return in a big way for Delta, preferably with a new song specifically tailored for the series.

Her recent endeavors are draining her talents away in the hands of lackluster composers and lyric writers. As a fan, I am truly & sincerely unhappy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 22:50   Link #25
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Here is hoping May'n as Sheryl Nome would return in a big way for Delta, preferably with a new song specifically tailored for the series.

Her recent endeavors are draining her talents away in the hands of lackluster composers and lyric writers. As a fan, I am truly & sincerely unhappy.

- Tak
Highly unlikely. Why would they want May'n/Sheryl return for Delta with a new song when Walkure are the main stars? She already had her shot of fame from Frontier and it wouldn't be fair to the singers of Walkure if May'n would steal their spotlight. As much as I loved May'n's songs in Frontier it's not up to Kawamori and crew to pull her out of the rut she's in. Not to mention Yoko Kanno isn't even the musical composer for Delta. Anyway it's JUNNA's, Minoru Suzuki's and the rest of Walkure's time to shine.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2016-04-29 at 23:02.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 22:53   Link #26
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Highly unlikely.
Maybe, but I can dream.

Quote:
Why would they want May'n/Sheryl return for Delta
Because May'n was superb. That and nothing so far in Delta tops her gig. Not that Delta songs are sub-par, but certainly not on-par.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-04-29, 23:18   Link #27
bumbayker

Quote:
Because May'n was superb. That and nothing so far in Delta tops her gig. Not that Delta songs are sub-par, but certainly not on-par.

- Tak
Well that's your opinion. Ikenai Borderline is already up there is and is at least at par with any of May'n's songs. We've only heard a total of 4 songs from Walkure and its too early to say that their songs are sub-par compared to hers. Not to mention Walkure is an idol singer group and is different to May'n who does singles or at most duets with Megumi Nakajima. May'n already had her chance and Macross Frontier made her famous. It's up to her and not Kawamori to find good composers for her new songs. Like I said it wouldn't be fair at all to the Walkure singers because they are the stars of Delta and its their moment to shine.
Old 2016-04-29, 23:22   Link #28
Tak

Quote:
Well that's your opinion.
You think!?

I don't need your lengthy defense, because I never asked you to agree with me. I am simply voicing what I want, even if I don't get it at the end. Hell, its not like I am criticizing Walkure, I simply like May'n better. At least for now.

- Tak

Old 2016-04-29, 23:42   Link #29
bumbayker

Quote:
You think!?
No, I know it is.

Quote:
I don't need your lengthy defense, because I never asked you to agree with me. I am simply voicing what I want, even if I don't get it at the end.

- Tak
It doesn't matter if you voice out what you want because we both know it won't happen. Sure fine, you can dream all you want but honestly its kinda pointless. And I'm not trying to defend anything and just merely telling you why it won't happen. If you don't like other's comments disagree on what you think then don't post at all.
Old 2016-04-29, 23:45   Link #30
Tak

Quote:
If you don't like other's comments disagree on what you think then don't post at all.
Then, why don't you take your own advice? Because:

Quote:
It doesn't matter if you voice out what you want
It seems like you are the one getting butthurt over my disagreements with you. Though was I in any way implying that you should agree with me? Hardly.

In fact, I encourage disagreement. Otherwise, we have nothing to talk about except the weather!

- Tak

Old 2016-04-30, 00:00   Link #31
bumbayker

Quote:
Then, why don't you take your own advice?
Because it's not currently being applied to me and I'm not dismissing your comments or anyone else's. I just merely told you why it won't happen but you took it personally and got defensive about it because you like May'n too much.

Quote:

It seems like you are the one getting butthurt over my disagreements with you. Though was I in any way implying that you should agree with me? Hardly.

In fact, I encourage disagreement. Otherwise, we have nothing to talk about except the weather!

- Tak
Don't imply I'm getting buthurt when you're the one here being overly defensive. If you do encourage disagreement then why are you being too sensitive about what I just said that it won't happen? Especially when you already know that it won't.
Old 2016-04-30, 00:02   Link #32
Tak

Quote:
Because it's not currently being applied to me .
Buddy, you are the one telling me not to post. That, and perhaps I should word it more carefully. Your defenses are kind of pointless, because I never criticized the Walkure for being bad at what they do. You went on the defensive about the Walkure because of what critique I made against them, exactly?

Quote:
when you're the one here being overly defensive.
Telling you that you are missing the target is vastly different than telling you not to shoot at all.

Quote:
and I'm not dismissing your comments or anyone else's. I just merely told you why it won't happen but you took it personally and got defensive about it because you like May'n too much.
You... do understand that I do not actually want May'n to replace the Walkure, right? I am just, ya know, hoping for one song and one episode of cameo like Basara in Frontier? Except, more than just a BGM?

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-04-30 at 00:26.
Old 2016-04-30, 01:13   Link #33
bumbayker

Quote:
Buddy, you are the one telling me not to post.
That's because you acted really sensitive and defensive when I was just being a matter-of- fact.

Quote:
That, and perhaps I should word it more carefully. Your defenses are kind of pointless, because I never criticized the Walkure for being bad at what they do. You went on the defensive about the Walkure because of what critique I made against them, exactly?
I never said or implied that you thought Walkure was bad. But you made it clear that you considered their songs to be inferior to May'n's/Sheryl's which is subjective. Like I mentioned earlier their styles of singing are very different and Walkure only released 4 songs to date and the series is far from over which doesn't make it a fair enough assessment.

Quote:
Telling you that you are missing the target is vastly different than telling you not to shoot at all.
It's not about telling you are missing the target but about anticipating return fire after you shoot.

Quote:
You... do understand that I do not actually want May'n to replace the Walkure, right? I am just, ya know, hoping for one song and one episode of cameo like Basara in Frontier? Except, more than just a BGM?
I'm not saying that you want her to replace Walkure. But to have Sheryl herself (or Ranka) cameo even for one episode to sing defeats the purpose that Walkure as the main attraction for all the songs in Delta. It's also about promotion and keep viewers interested in Walkure and not previous idols. This is the same reason why Basara didn't make a cameo in Frontier and we only heard like 2-3 of Fire Bomber songs as inserts or BGM. That's also probably what's also going to happen if they play Sheryl's songs in Delta or have Mikumo and/or Freyja sing them instead.
Old 2016-04-30, 04:05   Link #34
magnuskn

Yeah, BS. If you tell someone that they shouldn't post, you don't get too claim that "they are too defensive". Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

And I'd also love to see a Sheryl and Alto cameo. Not so much a Ranka and Banana cameo, but I'd take it.
Old 2016-04-30, 06:19   Link #35
lars18th

I would not love a Cameo. A reference would be fine but this show needs to be able to stand on its own.
Ikenai Borderline is great. Everything else is forgettable up until now as far as songs. The same applies to almost everything else: Mikumo's design is pretty original as well as Freija's but everyone else is a rehash of extremely recycled cliche anime characters. We are only on episode 4, let's hope they start pouring a lot of creativity in the next set of songs along with everything else. Coming after Macross Frontier, Delta has big shoes to fill.
lars18th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 07:25   Link #36
Dragonria

Full op song is out
https://a.pomf.cat/loqlfg.mp4

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 07:29   Link #37
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, BS. If you tell someone that they shouldn't post, you don't get too claim that "they are too defensive". Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

And I'd also love to see a Sheryl and Alto cameo. Not so much a Ranka and Banana cameo, but I'd take it.
You've completely miss the point. It's not about being too defensive but about unable to take others' comments that disagree with you especially when raised with very valid points. I don't need to check myself since I know there was nothing wrong with what I said. You should look at yourself in the mirror before you try to claim any moral highground.

Go ahead and dream about a cameo. It doesn't matter because we know its not going to happen since Kawamori has made it a point not to call back on past main protagonists from previous series. It wouldn't make sense anyway to have a cameo since every Macross series is suppose to be an independent story and it would only detract from the main cast and confuse the heck out of new viewers.
Old 2016-04-30, 08:21   Link #38
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
Full op song is out
https://a.pomf.cat/loqlfg.mp4

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Awesome, I love the song. One song that I can play non-stop.

It is kinda interesting that everyone but JUNNA so want to just too.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 09:14   Link #39
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
You've completely miss the point. It's not about being too defensive but about unable to take others' comments that disagree with you especially when raised with very valid points. I don't need to check myself since I know there was nothing wrong with what I said. You should look at yourself in the mirror before you try to claim any moral highground.

Go ahead and dream about a cameo. It doesn't matter because we know its not going to happen since Kawamori has made it a point not to call back on past main protagonists from previous series. It wouldn't make sense anyway to have a cameo since every Macross series is suppose to be an independent story and it would only detract from the main cast and confuse the heck out of new viewers.
And with THAT, this discussion is ended and let's move on.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 09:22   Link #40
Gravitas Free Zone

Back to the OP: I thought the "kyun kyun kyun" chorus in the first half turning into "bang bang bang" in the second half was cute.

The video: It's CG fire, but it's still "your arm's gonna be on fire." And multiple people do the one-hand W sign, but the camera is at a bad angle for it.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote