AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-04-22, 07:59   Link #1
NeoSam

Bungaku Shoujo

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Bungaku Shoujo by Nomura Mizuki (author) and Takeoka Miho (illustrator) will be getting an anime movie.

文学少女
Bungaku Shoujo

少年向け小説(ライトノベル).
Shounen light novel series (light novel series for boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Famitsu Bunko.
Currently there are 9 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Also there are currently 2 volumes short story light novels that are released under the shounen light novel label Famitsu Bunko.

The short story light novel is titled: "Bungaku Shoujo" to Koisuru Episode

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Nomura Mizuki
Illustrator: Takeoka Miho

A shounen manga adaptation by Kousaka Rito was serialized in the shounen manga magazine GanGan Powered, but continued its serialization in the new shounen manga magazine GanGan Joker.
Currently there's 1 volume released of this manga.

Covers:

Spoiler:

A second manga adaptation by Hiyoshimaru Akira is serialized in Beans Ace magazine.

Genre: Shounen, Mystery

Last edited by NeoSam; 2009-08-28 at 08:46.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 08:08   Link #2
Falkor

me is so very happy with this announcement. I'm pretty sure a couple of people will be very happy as well... :P

I was expecting an anime series, but a movie is fine, I guess (hopefully they will approach it in the same way as Kara no Kyoukai).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 08:18   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

It Seem Interesting ..I hope it Good movie to watch ^__^
Old 2009-04-22, 08:42   Link #4
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Eh, movie ?
That's quite unexpected. .o.O;
I hope that it will be great and at least we're going to get quality.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 11:56   Link #5
asrielchase

Very great news indeed!!! Didn't think the rumor would be confirmed so quickly.

I wonder how many movies are they planning to make?
asrielchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 15:09   Link #6
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I was hopping for this annoucement for a long time. A movie format might be more appropriate than a serie for this one if they make a movie for each story ( 1 movie for each of the 6th first novel and one for the last 2 novels ).

(BTW, now than there will be a anime, should I be more carefull about what I put on my signature ?)
Old 2009-04-24, 01:07   Link #7
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Sorry for the double post but , Enterbrain just launched a site for the anime ( http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/fb/pc/02...aku_00top.html) it seem than it Production I.G. than will be doing the production. Is this a good thing or not ?
Old 2009-04-24, 05:40   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

When it comes to animation I.G are one of the best studios around.. and they have some pretty damn good staff too.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 05:44   Link #9
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

It's not really the animation tha n worrie me the most but the art itself, the illustrations of the novel are beautiful and I really hope they try to be as close of it than they can, but I know than it probably a irrealist hope.
Old 2009-04-24, 06:37   Link #10
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No one bothers to add some summary for the story ? ^^;
Is this one correct ?
Quote:
Meet Kanoha Inoue, winner of a prestigious writing award at the age of 14. He was mistakenly branded a "mysterious bishoujo author" and subsequently vowed to never write publicly again.

Meet Amano Tooko, self-proclaimed "bungaku shoujo." She Eats up works of literature, literally.

The two of them are the only members of the Literature Club, and each day he writes short stories for her to eat. Until one day, Tooko arbitrarily decided to put up a drop box for anyone with a problem...
Taken from mangaupdates.

Old 2009-04-24, 07:06   Link #11
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Not quite, Flyvedelta. The reason why Konoha stopped to write is much more complexe than that. There was the pressure comming because of all the thing relateds to the book but it's what happened the first day of that summer than make him vowed to never publicy an novel again
Old 2009-04-26, 10:53   Link #12
Falkor

I'm not sure if NeoSam will be updating the first post, but I will use mine (which is just underneath his) to keep things updated.

There's a manga thread, which I've created not so long ago. I found a total of 5 chapters for this manga, but only two three have been so far scanlated.

On the other hand, the first two chapters of the novel have been translated by Baka-Tsuki under Teaser Projects. Hopefully, it becomes now an active project with the anime announcement.

The light-novel has a website, which they have finally updated. Those interested/curious should check it out; there's a nice melody playing in the background.

I've only read what has been available to me in English, but I can certainly tell how fascinating is Bungaku Shoujo. It's a book about books, so to speak; there are a lot of references to literary works, which serve the purpose of developing the story (and its characters) along a certain theme. (maybe ganbaru can add more to this)

It has also won a bunch of awards as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-T
8th place in このライトノベルがすごい! 2007 Best Series(This novel is amazing! Contest 2007)
3rd place in このライトノベルがすごい! 2008 Best Series
1st place in このライトノベルがすごい! 2009 Best Series
1st place in このライトノベルがすごい! 2009 Best Illustration
1st place in このライトノベルがすごい! 2009 Best Female Character (Amano Tooko)
4th place in このライトノベルがすごい! 2009 Best Female Character (Kotobuki Nanase)
5th place in このライトノベルがすごい! 2009 Best Male Character (Inoue Konoha)
It keeps bugging me the fact this show is labeled as mystery. It doesn't really give that impression at first glance (after reading the synopsis and looking through the first chapters); but I can tell there's veil of mystery surrounding the characters (especially with regards to Tooko-senpai and Konoha).

by the way, Tooko-senpai is awesome. :P

forgot to say this, seeing that Production I.G. will be in charge of Animation Production scares me a bit; but it's too early to tell what's going to happen.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 11:02   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I read the manga version & it was quite interesting. Let's see how the anime movie version does.
Old 2009-04-26, 11:45   Link #14
asrielchase

It's labeled mystery because in the earlier volumes each novel is about Tooko senpai and Konoha encountering a mysterious event and trying to solve it. Not to mention the more intriguing mysteries surrounding our protagonist.
asrielchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:03   Link #15
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I'm not sure if NeoSam will be updating the first post, but I will use mine (which is just underneath his) to keep things updated.
I'll try to keep the first post of this thread updated as much as possible you can always leave me a visitor message in case some new light novel/manga volume was released and I didn't add it.

Another Bungaku Shoujo light novel volume will be officially released on April 30th, 2009. I'll post its cover and I'll also add it to the first post when the cover is available from the publisher (not from Amazon). Its cover from Amazon can be seen here.

The first volume of the shounen manga "Bungaku Shoujo" to Shinitagari no Piero was released on April 24th, 2009.

It's cover:

Shounen manga.
Mangaka: Kousaka Rito
Released on: April 24th, 2009.
Continued its serialization in the new shounen manga magazine GanGan Joker.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2009-05-06 at 19:32.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 21:53   Link #16
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sorry for the double post but , Enterbrain just launched a site for the anime ( http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/fb/pc/02...aku_00top.html) it seem than it Production I.G. than will be doing the production. Is this a good thing or not ?
That, Friend, is a fundamental good thing.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 22:23   Link #17
denice25

pretty cool...
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 08:46   Link #18
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
forgot to say this, seeing that Production I.G. will be in charge of Animation Production scares me a bit; but it's too early to tell what's going to happen.
Hm. . looking at their works. . .
Spoiler:

I think the movie animation might still be great, but I have some doubts about the art. . Well, I hope for the best.

Old 2009-04-27, 10:20   Link #19
Westlo
Lets be reality

Art aside you really don't have to worry about animation, I.G provides some of the most fluid animation around period. I'm not really a fan of their CG but from what I've read of the manga I doubt that will be an issue... I read the 3 scanned chapters of the manga, awesome stuff, really looking forward to this.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 13:26   Link #20
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Another chapter out for those interested in this series. Super interesting one too!

Spoiler for Bear panties-chan Sweetheart:
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, shounen