AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-08, 17:11   Link #41
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

You seem to like humour/ecchi/harem quite a bit In your first post you said you liked elfen lied, so if you feel like giving something darker a go - try Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Da Capo Should be fine if you liked Shuffle.

A good drama/romance is definitely Canvas 2 - tho without magic stuff.

If you have nothing against ongoing series you can try Happiness! and Gift - Eternal Rainbow
Old 2006-11-09, 11:16   Link #42
MinoanMan

well i do like the fact that i can download a complete "story" and watch it to the very end. i think im gna try da capo after i finish mahoromatic and maburaho.
Old 2006-11-09, 17:41   Link #43
Taraqs
PeeWee Mafia boss

Send a message via Yahoo to Taraqs
I have a website that I can give you but the anime it has is in japanese.
Old 2006-11-10, 02:20   Link #44
hoop

Another suggestion

Here's a, perhaps, lesser known anime that could be up your alley. I would recommend Gunparade March. It has little to do with guns, parading, or even marching, but it's a beautifully animated show with a poigniant story. There is an overall premise of so and so aliens attacking and the kids have to fight them off with mechs (wait, I know you said "meh" to the mechs, but keep reading), but this plot is merely a backdrop and takes a back burner for the duration of the series. It really focuses in on the relationships between the students, and two, a guy and a girl, in particular. Wonderful show; I'm surprised no one has recommended it yet.

Also -- and I intend no disrespect to your preferences -- you really didn't like Cowboy Bebop? That's perhaps the one series I've never heard anyone say they disliked. Care to share why?

On the point of other animes mentioned, I personally enjoyed Love Hina quite a bit, but I stayed away from the OVAs. One OVA you may wish to check out, if you haven't already, is the first Rurouni Kenshin OVA (Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen in Japanese, Reminiscence in English). Not much humor, but a great story nonetheless. You could check out the TV anime as well, but I'm not sure you'd love it; it doesn't start getting superb until the 26th or so episode, so while the first half is pretty good, I don't know if you'd want to stick around for that long.

Let me know what you think.
Old 2006-11-13, 19:15   Link #45
MinoanMan

oow i thought i had replied to this earlier but it didnt work. i cant quite remember why i didnt like cowboy bebop but i watched it ages ago and i think i was watching outlaw star at the time and i much preffered that!
Old 2006-11-15, 11:51   Link #46
MinoanMan

ok im halfway through the second season of mahoromatic and its getting weird now its totally lost the original storyline from the first series. im also halfway though ca capo and am looking for some new anime harem/ecchi/magic/romance containing any of them and i will be happy.
Old 2006-11-15, 13:44   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You might like Lamune as well .... it is just a straight forward romance about two people who grow up in a small town.

Dubs are almost always licensed so you might browse the DVD&Licensed forums and read up on various titles there (Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Chobits, etc) before buying/renting one.
Old 2006-11-15, 15:39   Link #48
MinoanMan

ahh right i see. i will go and take a peek in there then.

im also aquiring ahh! my goddess at the momment. just wondered what people actually think of that?

Last edited by MinoanMan; 2006-11-15 at 16:15. Reason: forgot to put everthing in again....
Old 2006-11-17, 16:24   Link #49
MinoanMan

ok i finished watching da capo first season and im little confused. the magic was coming from sakura and asakuras' gramdmother's sakura tree. so the wish for nemu to not be with asakura had to be undone by killing the tree. so nemu survives, sakura moves back to america, robot miharu dies or does she? and asakura lives happily ever after with nemu.... or so i thought, however im watching episode 1 of season 2 atm and shes nowhere in sight and miharu (the real one????) is waking him up. overall 7/10 because the magic use cudda been untilised better.
Old 2006-11-17, 16:46   Link #50
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

keep watching, your confusion will go away in time I hated season 2 because i hated Nemu :P
Old 2006-11-17, 17:11   Link #51
MamoruUsagi

Bokura ga Ita is great for romance.

His and Her Circumstances also called Kare Kano is another great romance.

Fushigi Yuugi is a wonderful romance and fantasy series and it's so special.

Ayashi no Ceres is another wonderful romance series.

Fushigi Yugi is great for romance.

I'd give more detail, but this internet connection keeps breaking while I'm posting.

Anyway, real romance are series where the couple is boyfriend/girlfriend and dating during the series. I like couples that are in a relationship and boyfriend/girlfriend during the series, so it's not just about "When will happen nnext?", you're able to see the couple in a serious relationship without waiting forever. It's just great to see couples dating during the series.

I like series showing the couples as boyfriend/girlfriend and dating and it's even better when they get married. Like, my favorite Sailor Moon has great development before and after. When the couple gets together they are boyfriend/girlfriend and dating for a long time and get married. It shows great development before and after.

So, most of the time, series I recommend show the couple dating and boyfriend/girlfriend and in a relationship. I'll post more later, sorry this message seems repetetive, this internet connection can break any second.
Old 2006-11-17, 19:17   Link #52
MinoanMan

Please correct me if im wrong but i thought that sailor moon was a kids anime where the lead female had super powers and a little group of friends witht eh same thing and they fought evil (a bit like pwer rangers :S ). thats what steered me away from it.

i wanna see ayashi no ceres but cant find it newhere and i am glad that season 2 of da capo will at least reveal a bit more. i was under the impression that it was a bit like the tenchi series where a different story line was now involved in season 2 with no tangible links were made hence the "da capo" "re do from the start" motif.
Old 2006-11-18, 04:32   Link #53
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinoanMan View Post
hence the "da capo" "re do from the start" motif.
Ah, but that is the thing that is going on But everything is conected and will fit together just fine. And Sailor Moon might be considered a kids anime...but then again a lot of shows can. As far as magical girl series go i am not a fan of them but an exception would be Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (you have to survive the first 4 eps tho) and the sequel Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A`s
Old 2006-11-18, 16:22   Link #54
MinoanMan

ok i might take a look at that after i finish da capo 2 and ah my goddess. is full metal panic worth taking a look at do you think?
Old 2006-11-18, 18:14   Link #55
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm...depends if you like seeing a guy getting beat up all the time by the girl If that is so - you have a green light . It's fairly good, but you will not see me recomending it to any one tho(personal preference - i did not like it too much)
Old 2006-11-19, 08:34   Link #56
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinoanMan View Post
is full metal panic worth taking a look at do you think?
to ym opinion yes, if you like a hyped up millitairy guy in highschool getting beat up by a girl and love to se mecha's in millitary action thn go watch it
Old 2006-11-20, 06:46   Link #57
MinoanMan

i have to say the girl beating on the guy does get a bit tedious after a while thats why i like suginami in dap capo lol hes the only 1 not to get beaten up so far.
Old 2006-11-20, 18:58   Link #58
jigoku...ramen
You know you want to...

From what i've heard, Hand Maid May isn't all that great. You seem to be getting all these harem animes, so i'll suggest something else...
...maybe D. Gray Man? It is (and isn't) like a cross between Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach (which i'm guessing you haven't seen yet either), but what the anime has that is different is that it has some pretty strong characters, unlike the tiresome ones that you just want killed off really badly. Other than that, it's not COMPLETELY original but it's pretty entertaining.
I also recommend Tenjho Tenge if you're into the hot chicks who kick ass sort of thing. It's got a good story behind it also.
And what may be my last suggestions would be either School Rumble, Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori (2nd season > 1st season, trust me), or Noein. All are pretty valid (in my opinion), and the second episode of School Rumble will make you cry in laughter.
Old 2006-11-22, 11:39   Link #59
MinoanMan

i tried watching school rumble but i didnt like it at all. um iam now half way through full metal panic and its alright but it doesnt seem to be telling enough story about black technology etc so far, more concerned with high school and random mechs lol.

ayashi no ceres is gr8 so far should be a good series
Old 2006-11-22, 19:08   Link #60
MinoanMan

Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai i am gna try and watch next any1 got any input on that?
Closed Thread