AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Re:Zero - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 12 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 45.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-15, 13:30   Link #61
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Like Klashikari said, that doesn't match with the earlier episode where Rem got killed by the whale. Not only did Ram forgot about her, all Rem's belongings in her room are also gone. The room was empty. You can't do that if the whale can only erase memories. I don't know who is responsible for that inconsistency, White Fox writers or the author but that is truly jarring if the whale can only erase memories.
That's why I said is probably a anime thing, what I mentioned in a simple way is the basis of what we know at the moment after the previous episodes and is how is always supposed to work.

Remember on early episodes White Fox literally deleted a huge detail/scene regarding Aldebaran and that's something important, Ram's scene and how everything on Rem's room was gone is probably another mistake made by White Fox.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 13:41   Link #62
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, the simplest explanation would be that we just don't have enough information yet to call it one way or the other instead of saying that someone screwed up big time.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 14:51   Link #63
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
No, the cannons are tech that was developed by the people of this era. They're called magic stone cannons and as might have guessed their one of the many things magic stones are use for. Metia is just a catch all term for magical artifacts.

On a sidenote: this episode shows that White Whale's Mist/Fog of Elimination isn't omipotent. All the soldiers that got erased shared the same fate as Rem did, but the those on batlefield could tell how many they lost even if couldn't remember individual members, through a logical number system.
I know what Metia is. It wasn't unreasonable to assume that that's exactly what they were.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 14:53   Link #64
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No. Not really. There are badly to terribly-written stories that can trigger much speculations. One of the most recent examples is Kabaneri. So many speculations, but bad payoff
Yeah that's why I said it's a sign. It's usually indicative of it, although obviously not always. Oh god, Kabaneri. I was trying to forget that happened. *insert witty trainwreck comment here*
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 15:13   Link #65
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I know what Metia is. It wasn't unreasonable to assume that that's exactly what they were.
No I undestand, I was just trying to clarify.

And now for something off reddit

Spoiler for Raid Boss strategy:
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 15:14   Link #66
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Unnamed graves. Those are the forgotten. It was mentioned last episode. The mist acts as an eraser. I'm pretty sure Otto did not realize there was the merchant that got erased because the whale was unnoticed beforehand. That's why Otto was not aware like the soldiers on the field. You have to notice if something was erased.
Old 2016-08-15, 15:27   Link #67
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by soularc55 View Post
Unnamed graves. Those are the forgotten. It was mentioned last episode. The mist acts as an eraser. I'm pretty sure Otto did not realize there was the merchant that got erased because the whale was unnoticed beforehand. That's why Otto was not aware like the soldiers on the field. You have to notice if something was erased.
That is actually an interesting theory! I hope this will be addressed in the next episodes.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 15:35   Link #68
soularc55
7th dimensional king

No, the whale leaves a blank. Like a piece of paper with something written on it. You walk to it and see there is nothing on it. That would be Otto. Let's say you are now right there. You see the paper with writing on it. And now you see an eraser erasing the writing. Now you don't know what was written there but you know something was erased by the eraser. See the logic? From Rem's existance, there are were no traces of her as if she was left as a blank. Nothing in her room and Ram has no sister. Like an unknown blank unless you were to notice the eraser having done so.
Old 2016-08-15, 16:02   Link #69
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by soularc55 View Post
No, the whale leaves a blank. Like a piece of paper with something written on it. You walk to it and see there is nothing on it. That would be Otto. Let's say you are now right there. You see the paper with writing on it. And now you see an eraser erasing the writing. Now you don't know what was written there but you know something was erased by the eraser. See the logic? From Rem's existance, there are were no traces of her as if she was left as a blank. Nothing in her room and Ram has no sister. Like an unknown blank unless you were to notice the eraser having done so.
Basically if you apply this logic to tactic the Commanders used in the battle the reason why they were able to notice how many guys they lost in their units was because there were multipe fixed groups of 15 units. When someone gets erased they can compare the difference in numbers with other squads and keep a accurate head count. So in order for the White Whale's to stop this it would need to get rid of ALL of the groups. This is why it was effective against Ram, but not the army.

So White Whale's mist is not as perfect as might seem.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-08-15 at 17:52.
Old 2016-08-15, 16:50   Link #70
Irenesharda

Quote:
Basically if you apply this logic to tactic the Commanders used in the battle the reason why they were able to notice how many guys they lost in their units was because there were multipe fixed groups of 15 units. When someone gets erased they can compare the difference in numbers with other squads and keep a accurate head count. So in order for the White Whale's to stop this it would need to get rid of ALL of the groups. This is why it was effective against Ram, but not the army.

So White Whale's mist is as perfect as might seem.
This is pretty much what I thought when each brought up how many they had each lost.

Here, it works better than it did with Rem in terms of people remembering, because they know they had a fixed number of people in each unit and so they can count and figure out they are missing people, even if they don't have any memories of that person's existence at all.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 17:49   Link #71
Applehell

Yep. The one weakness in the Mist/Fog of Elimination despite it's ability to erase people, their belongings and alter the past to a degree, is that it can't hide the fact that the erasure itself took place if there are multiple people present who have knowledge of it's ablility.
Old 2016-08-15, 17:53   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

What graves are you guys even talking about? Also how can it erase the grave of someone who isn't dead yet?
Old 2016-08-15, 17:57   Link #73
Applehell

It's reference to Crusch's speech back in ep 19, but it's more of metaphor than something literal. It means that the Whale leaves unconventional traces of it's effects under certain conditions.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-08-15 at 18:09.
Old 2016-08-15, 19:29   Link #74
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
It's reference to Crusch's speech back in ep 19, but it's more of metaphor than something literal. It means that the Whale leaves unconventional traces of it's effects under certain conditions.
So under some conditions the White Whale's erasure is perfect, but under other conditions it isn't, correct?
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 19:40   Link #75
GDB

Quote:
Battling it is a large undertaking that requires no less than a full and balanced raid of skilled players.
Epic fail only bringing one healer then.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 19:42   Link #76
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Epic fail only bringing one healer then.
Wait, they only bring one healer in this grand battle??! WTF?
Old 2016-08-15, 20:33   Link #77
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm guessing they brought more but we only have one named character being a healer (two with Rem but she's busy being a frontliner). Not to mention Felix is THE healer so he probably counts for 10 people.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 21:33   Link #78
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
So under some conditions the White Whale's erasure is perfect, but under other conditions it isn't, correct?
Right, the circumstances involving Ram in the 3rd loop and the coaltion army in the 4th are an example of this.
Old 2016-08-15, 22:43   Link #79
VTHokiePride

There's three whales?! I really hope Wilhelm and Wolfman aren't dead but they probably are. With both of the group's aces down, I don't see any way out of this for the group now that they're dealing with three of them. My guess is that they'll be wiped out and Subaru wakes up from it all and has another nervous breakdown.
Old 2016-08-16, 00:30   Link #80
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I doubt it. He's come too far to fail now. He hasn't even made it to Roswaal's estate yet.