AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Sasuke or Itachi who do you like more?
Itachi 168 70.00%
Sasuke 72 30.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-06, 14:58   Link #101
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Naive in a way that he cannot see yet that revenge will get him nowhere.
Spoiler for Manga:
And that means, he is not naive.

Quote:
Don't be so shortsighted, you know very well that everything that Sasuke does is in order to get revenge, His training with Orochimaru is proof of that. His life is being controlled by his yearning for revenge, if you don't call that control I don't know what is.
So what? If I command you to center your life around happiness, I don't control you either.

Quote:
He will remain his puppet, even if he doesn't follow his exact words. besides, he's still doing some things Itachi told him to [building hate][seeking power]
Sasuke already realized he shouldn't do what Itachi told him.
In the fight with Orochimaru he realizes he shouldn't try to "survive in a unsightly way".
Spoiler for Manga:
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 15:37   Link #102
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
Spoiler for Manga:
And that means, he is not naive.
Point taken, he's just ignorant.

Quote:
So what? If I command you to center your life around happiness, I don't control you either.
It can't be compared, In Itachi and Sasuke's case the words were the cause of an action. It's Because of Itachi's actions and words afterwards, that he makes Sasuke devote his life to revenge.
Your example is not relevant, since it misses a factor, the factor that an event took place.

Spoiler for manga:

And you mean to tell me Itachi doesn't "control" him? Yes he does, and always will in a certain way. From the day Itachi killed his own clan, he controled Sasuke's life, for he seeks revenge. He could have told him to bugger of and try to live with it, but no, he fueled the hatred and fear Sasuke felt, he made him want to kill him, hate him, and eventually seek revenge. In that view Itachi controls Sasuke..

Quote:
Sasuke already realized he shouldn't do what Itachi told him.
In the fight with Orochimaru he realizes he shouldn't try to "survive in a unsightly way".
Spoiler for Manga:
Same stuff..By Itachi actions he controls Sasuke's life, how can you debate that?

I can see where this is going, and our definitions of "control" undoubetly differ.
But seeing that Sasuke does in fact what his brother wants him to do, altho not exactly but the purpose remains the same, he controls him.

Last edited by Animizzle; 2004-11-07 at 04:45.
Animizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 05:40   Link #103
DJ*

I liked Sasuke when he was cool, now he's just annoying, so it has to be Itachi for me.
Old 2004-11-07, 06:15   Link #104
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol//Aris
Itachi: "you are not worth killing, if you want revenge live on hating me"
I mean...is this guy an idiot? He's just killed the clan, used tsukiyomi on his 7 year old brother and called him a weakling. Like Sasuke is not gonna hate him or want revenge anyway after this! Ooh no! No Sir!
No...Itachi is not an idiot. Itachi proberbly said those thing to incite Sasuke more, or rather, to further ensure that Sasuke would take revenge on himself (Itachi) and thus along the way reach his full potential.

Spoiler for Theory, manga refrences, enter at your own risk:
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 14:23   Link #105
LIQUIDCELL

Itachi is always composed and ahead of his time, while Sasuke is still a brat.

At age 13, Itachi made a decision and went ahead on what he thought he ought to do. Sasuke on the other hand, picked a fight with Naruto becuase he's an ego-driven maniac. He cannot face the fact that Naruto is getting ahead of him/ or getting better---he's a male-counterpart of Sakura. Sakura bitched and abandoned Ino because of a boy, while Sasuke got jealous of Naruto's power... Both are petty and they get on my nerves.

I understand that Sasuke's time is ticking---considering his main goal in life is to murder his brother, and has developed inferiority complex because of it. But the fact is, his actions are still way too immature compared to his psychotic yet brilliant brother.

My opinion is that Itachi had his best-friend's consent ---Shishio?-- in order for Itachi to attain the mangekyou sharingan, he has to die-----They both share the same opinion about their clan. Perhaps, they both share the same dream/goal.

Itachi is more an interesting character, that's why I voted for him.
LIQUIDCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 15:06   Link #106
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
No...Itachi is not an idiot. Itachi proberbly said those thing to incite Sasuke more, or rather, to further ensure that Sasuke would take revenge on himself (Itachi) and thus along the way reach his full potential.

neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 20:04   Link #107
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUIDCELL
I'm a hardcore Itachi fan-girl.

He's hot, crazy, and a pioneer.
HELL YEAH!!! *gives LIQUIDCELL a Itachi plushy* GO ITACHI!!!
Anko Plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 20:06   Link #108
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave A Path Id
Why do you want everyone here to think you're legal? LOL. ....and 238 was a good chapter...
HELL YAH!!! ^_^
Old 2004-11-07, 21:29   Link #109
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anko Plushy
HELL YAH!!! ^_^
So are you 18? Oh and stupid question...how do I put my age up in the profile box?
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:06   Link #110
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
So are you 18? Oh and stupid question...how do I put my age up in the profile box?

Quick Links > Edit Profile
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:30   Link #111
Anko Plushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Heh *sly smirk* That's my little secret! ^_^ Let's put it this way... I WISH I was 18 but really I am.... >_> <_< >_< Can't say but let's leave at I'm still in High School and I'm NOT a freshmen!
Old 2004-11-07, 23:42   Link #112
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Heh *sly smirk* That's my little secret! ^_^ Let's put it this way... I WISH I was 18 but really I am.... >_> <_< >_< Can't say but let's leave at I'm still in High School and I'm NOT a freshmen!
So your either a repeating senior, A young senior, a junior, or a sophomore.
My guess- your a older sophomore.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 23:44   Link #113
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol//Aris
In terms of personallity I still vote Sasuke. This is because Sasuke is in-fact NOT a puppet! On the contrary, it is because Itachi is retarded. Here is why:

I mean...is this guy an idiot? He's just killed the clan, used tsukiyomi on his 7 year old brother and called him a weakling. Like Sasuke is not gonna hate him or want revenge anyway after this! Ooh no! No Sir!
Sasuke: "Nah bro! It's OK! Live and let live!
Is that what you think he should've said???

-_- Honestly, you really don't have the grasp of the psychological concept of Itachi and Sasuke's situation. That's the whole point as to why he let Sasuke live and that is to measure his own strength by making Sasuke turn into an avenger by swearing to kill him, any idiot can see that. By letting Sasuke live and getting him to drown into his own despair, Itachi is quite aware that Sasuke is after him and wanting to kill him. Honestly.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:50   Link #114
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRukus
Quick Links > Edit Profile
Ah. I didn't think it was simply a matter of setting your birthday. I thought you had to type in the number. Cursed overthinking, overlooking mind!
Old 2004-11-08, 01:09   Link #115
Leave A Path Id
Bored Senior

Quote:
Don't you mean "our" little secret? Mwahaha. I've got pics! $5 a piece!
Leave A Path Id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 08:45   Link #116
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Get back on-topic please.

If you want to chat with Anko Plushy, feel free to use the PM feature.
Old 2004-11-08, 13:57   Link #117
Anko Plushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave A Path Id
Don't you mean "our" little secret? Mwahaha. I've got pics! $5 a piece!
HEY!!! >_> Not funny! -_-;;; But let us get back on topic before the mods come kay? Mike I'll pm u (Private Message) ^_^
Old 2004-11-08, 15:41   Link #118
missing_nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx

-_- Honestly, you really don't have the grasp of the psychological concept of Itachi and Sasuke's situation. That's the whole point as to why he let Sasuke live and that is to measure his own strength by making Sasuke turn into an avenger by swearing to kill him, any idiot can see that. By letting Sasuke live and getting him to drown into his own despair, Itachi is quite aware that Sasuke is after him and wanting to kill him. Honestly.
I dont think Itachi wants sasuke to become an avenger. Itachi himself said that they should stick together, even if they hate eachother, especially if they hate each other. I think Itachi believes that they can only become stronger if they are united trough hatred/darkness and he wants sasuke to understand this so he let him live a dark life.
And i also think thats the secret behind Itachis power, he found himself in the company of evil forces (akatsuki) at such a young age and he wants the same for sasuke.
missing_nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 17:28   Link #119
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

If you look at the way Itachi treats Sasuke in the hotel hallway its still just like a big brother trying to toughen up his younger sibling. Instead of simply killing Sasuke right then and there he wants Sasuke to realize he hasn't matched or even rivaled his strength and that he needs more hatred to do so. I think Itachi wanted Sasuke both as an avenger for the clan and to make himself stronger because he feels he needs a mangekyo sharingan user as his rival. Itachi may even want Sasuke to kill him in a fiar fight just like Sasuke said. I'm interested in seeing what type of strength Orochimaru gives Sasuke over the 3 year time jump. We know Oro wants him to be more evil like himself but I don' think he needs Sasuke to be stronger. When he takes his body Orochimaru will have his own natural strength at his disposal.
Old 2004-11-08, 17:31   Link #120
Anko Plushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missing_nin
I dont think Itachi wants sasuke to become an avenger. Itachi himself said that they should stick together, even if they hate eachother, especially if they hate each other. I think Itachi believes that they can only become stronger if they are united trough hatred/darkness and he wants sasuke to understand this so he let him live a dark life.
And i also think thats the secret behind Itachis power, he found himself in the company of evil forces (akatsuki) at such a young age and he wants the same for sasuke.
You know what. I just thought of something pretty cool. I've always thought of Sasuke as becoming a "Mini" itachi but now I've thought of something TEN TIMES COOLER! What if the truth behind what Itachi did was because he thought his clan was weak and knew that Sasuke had MAJOR potential. Hence why he thought up the idea of telling Sasuke to become stronger by hating him and now Itachi will go kick Orochimaru's ass TAKE HIS BROTHER BACK AND GET RID OF THE CURSE SEAL... or kill him -_- or tell him that he really is weak if he tried to gain power by other means... u never know... then Itachi later on gets Sasuke to join his side "a.k.a. the Akatsuki Juniors" *laughs* and then Itachi and Sasuke take over the world!!! *laughs evily!!!!* Then Sasuke will FINALLY become kick ass! ^_^ Can't wait!