AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 02:33   Link #161
EroKing

Episode 2, oh boy.

Intense yuri session
Old 2012-04-13, 04:52   Link #162
Marina2

I think this show works the best if you don't think too much about it. Just accept what you see and go along with it.

Its Yuri (Actually,shoujo-ai is more accurate word here) is interesting as well

About how to make the rock work. I think the condition is that the wish has to be something that all four of them benefit from it, not just individual. I think that is why what Yuka wished for herself never work.

or, maybe I just think too much and it just actually work with 2 persons+
Old 2012-04-13, 05:13   Link #163
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
shoujo-ai is more accurate word here
The term you are looking for is "Class S". But i'd rather call it "obvious yuri fanservice" or "best show this season".
Old 2012-04-13, 05:46   Link #164
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
The term you are looking for is "Class S". But i'd rather call it "obvious yuri fanservice" or "best show this season".
I wouldn't quite call this show Class S...Class S is a bit more specific than the generic classifications of yuri/shoujo ai, carrying connotations of the cloistered world of all-girl/boarding schools and the inherent transience/doom of the relationships fostered there in the face of the obligations/realities of general society. It's basically a label for a historical genre of fiction (the roots of modern-day yuri) so it should only be applied to works which specifically call back to those elements.

It doesn't seem justified to call Natsuiro Kiseki shoujo-ai either though, just yet, so I would agree that what was in episode 2 is only simple yuri-fanservice.

"Best show of the season" is a pretty huge stretch though, IMO, as even just speaking of yuri-service shows we've got the new Saki sidestory. Any yuri fan who is passing that series up seriously doesn't know what they are missing.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 06:33   Link #165
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Some quick screenshot avatar freebies:

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 07:33   Link #166
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

What did I just walk into...
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:27   Link #167
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Perfect way to make up is to be stuck together with that person. Like how that kid was reading about witches.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:54   Link #168
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
What did I just walk into...
Mangatron, disturbing your mindesince Dec 2010.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 11:25   Link #169
ookamigirl

Saki & Natsumi getting stuck together ROFL
Guess that stone really does make wishes come true.
Yuka & Rinko sure got the other two in a weird situation LOL
The running game was fun to watch!
Well... at least the magic worked.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 13:25   Link #170
tezu

Haha, wow. This episode was quite silly, but the good kind of silly. I'm enjoying this, although the series seems to have gained a lot of haters with just 2 episodes.
It's still a mystery why Yuka's wish worked although the four weren't gathered around the stone and didn't openly wish for the same thing. There's the possibility that "deep down inside" Saki and Natsumi wished to make up as well (Saki was trying to text Natsumi, remember) but couldn't do this because they were too proud and tsundere and the moment Yuka and Rinko thought of the wish by the rock...the stone's magic took effect?
Anyway, looking forward to the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post

They're really pretty! Would you mind if I used your second Saki avatar on animesuki?

Last edited by tezu; 2012-04-13 at 15:58.
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 16:54   Link #171
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
They're really pretty! Would you mind if I used your second Saki avatar on animesuki?
Go ahead; they are free for anyone to use

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 17:20   Link #172
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That was a pretty cute episode. Glad they made up and shit.

This ep also had one of the most pitifully intense chase scenes ever. Rin sacrificing herself to slow the two down was pretty funny. :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 19:17   Link #173
silvercover
Romance Expert

oh yeah!
placing my expectations on this show turned out to be a good idea. not only was that ep fun and sweet, I got my daily dose of yuri.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:16   Link #174
Dr. Casey

Quote:
This just caught my interest and im done analyzing the plot of ep1:

Spoiler for ep1:
<3 You should analyze all the episodes, that was great.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:57   Link #175
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

That was a pretty hilarious second episode. So strangely fitting that they were made to go through a literal obstacle course specifically to make life hell for two people stuck together. That was a very well made and well presented use of a wish gone very bad.

This show is making me smile like I never thought it could. That's probably the biggest compliment I can give it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 22:33   Link #176
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Natsuiro Kiseki: Episode 2

This show is really silly, but I've certainly enjoyed it so far. Although, the direction suffers from a lack of grace and finesse, which is something I can probably attribute to the director's previous works being mostly action anime.

After the drama of episode 1, episode 2 was unexpectedly funny. I laughed out loud when Saki and Natsumi wrestled each other.

The chase scene was too long in my opinion, it should have been shortened by a few minutes. But I did like how it showcased Saki and Natsumi's athleticism and experience in teamwork, shown by how they overtook Yuka and Rinko even though they were stuck together. And the moment the magic spell was lifted was hilarious!

The reveal of the email on Saki's phone at the end was a nice touch to close off the episode.

I wonder where this show will take us from here on. With the reconciliation between Saki and Natsumi, we might get a bit of a breather, but Saki is still going to move away.

Quote:
This just caught my interest and im done analyzing the plot of ep1:

Spoiler for ep1:
Did you really make that or did you just grab it from /a/? Either way, it's a very funny summary of Episode 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post

I'll be using this. Thanks!

Quote:
There's the possibility that "deep down inside" Saki and Natsumi wished to make up as well (Saki was trying to text Natsumi, remember) but couldn't do this because they were too proud and tsundere and the moment Yuka and Rinko thought of the wish by the rock...the stone's magic took effect?
Heh. That's exactly how I interpreted it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 08:46   Link #177
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Haha, wow. This episode was quite silly, but the good kind of silly. I'm enjoying this, although the series seems to have gained a lot of haters with just 2 episodes.
Sunrise show, not what people expected, tough competition this season for people's time. Doubt it's any more complicated than that.

What I find funny is that this show is no more fluffy than K-On in the long run nor all that much less realistic IMO (No practice and just farting around makes you a guitar god versus magic wishing rock in the woods) yet one is that much more well received than the other. Wonder what that's all about.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 09:37   Link #178
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What I find funny is that this show is no more fluffy than K-On in the long run nor all that much less realistic IMO (No practice and just farting around makes you a guitar god versus magic wishing rock in the woods) yet one is that much more well received than the other. Wonder what that's all about.
You answered your own question:

Quote:
not what people expected
It could be that they are sorely disappointed that Natsuiro Kiseki doesn't (at the moment, at least) aim to be the same kind of relaxing idealistic show that K-On is, or even something like Tamayura. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what it aims to be either, with the first two episodes having completely contrasting moods.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 09:44   Link #179
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 1 was pretty good... if you were looking for a serious slice of life or life drama show.

Episode 2 was pretty good... if you were looking for really zany/silly comedy.

And that's the thing. It's like these two episodes were from two entirely different anime shows. That's how it felt to me, anyway. Neither episode is bad in a vacuum, but together they gave me a sense of extreme tonal inconsistency, almost on the level of MajiKoi's first two episodes.

But I'm not yet prepared to drag out the dreaded "Identity Crisis" criticism. I'll give this anime at least another episode or two before I consider that.

I will say that the wish-stone is being used more creatively, and interestingly, than I had thought it would be. That's a plus, at least. It now feels more like a distinctive plot element that'll be a good catalyst for comedic and dynamic situations than a possible Deus ex Machina that'll come off as lame.
Old 2012-04-14, 09:44   Link #180
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
The tone of the two shows is vastly different. With K-On!, the show was meant to be comedic and light from the very first scene. Natsukise started off dramatically and, while it has light moments, it continues that feeling. Realism has nothing to do with the different receptions.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural