AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-07, 03:12   Link #41
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Not just the ball. The whole city (lights) came into existence in front of him.
The show takes on a different feel when you know that the only two that don't know the world's secret are Riki and Rin.
Old 2012-10-07, 03:22   Link #42
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Ah yes. I mentioned it earlier but didn't go into detail: Kengo and Masato's reaction to Kyousuke's "If only this could continue forever." They looked shocked, Kengo even looked angry. It was subtle but it was there. That's something that only makes sense after reading Refrain.
Old 2012-10-07, 06:53   Link #43
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
Ah yes. I mentioned it earlier but didn't go into detail: Kengo and Masato's reaction to Kyousuke's "If only this could continue forever." They looked shocked, Kengo even looked angry. It was subtle but it was there. That's something that only makes sense after reading Refrain.
Yes, that was a great subtle detail. Between that and the creation of the world, I wonder how many nods they're gonna throw at us.
Old 2012-10-07, 07:52   Link #44
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Rewatching the episode with subs, and... wow, Mazui-UTW put giant spoilers in the OP lyrics XD
>itsuka kujiketa sono hi no mukou made
>until you can move on past the day we'll have died
Old 2012-10-07, 09:07   Link #45
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
I'm glad J.C. Staff is doing this for the people who read the VN.

Dunno if I may be wrong but at the beginning it seemed that Masato was already expecting Kyousuke to arrive.
Old 2012-10-07, 09:23   Link #46
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Mio's shadow in the OP is really going to bother me. Maybe we can assume it's her end-of-route self? It's the only way I can write it off.

Also the Warner producer tweeted that a "certain girl" was hidden in the first episode...

I love all the nods and bits of service they're throwing to the VN players, reminds me of when iM@S was airing.
Old 2012-10-07, 09:27   Link #47
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Didn't notice that one. Thanks for posting it.
Old 2012-10-07, 09:28   Link #48
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Tossing ideas around, I offer this thought.

Spoiler for the heck of it:
I totally agree with this. The baseball game is the most important part of the common route imo such that it even surpass pretty much every heroine route.

Last edited by Ringil; 2012-10-07 at 10:54.
Old 2012-10-07, 10:04   Link #49
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
Also the Warner producer tweeted that a "certain girl" was hidden in the first episode...
Maybe it's Saya
Old 2012-10-07, 10:16   Link #50
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Okay so, speculations about episode 2! From the preview it seems to be Komari-centric, with the meeting on the rooftop and inviting her to join the team. Do you think they'll be introducing one character per episode like this? For reference, the game introduced the heroines in the order of Haruka>Komari>Kurugaya>Kud>Mio. But the OP suggests the order of the routes will follow Komari>Mio, so maybe Mio will be introduced earlier. Also worth considering the order in which they were recruited, which is Komari>Kurugaya>Haruka>Kud>Mio. Next character to be introduced? Could really be anyone. Kurugaya is next on the team, Mio is probably the next route, Haruka was the first introduced, and Kud could fit in nicely after Komari's baseball practice. It's anyone's game.

I expect battle rankings to make their appearance after the baseball practice this episode. Oh shenanigans! If they have time maybe they'll introduce one of the other characters too.

I definitely expect that they'll be showing the scene with Rin and her cats this episode, along with the beginning of Rin's quest to discover the secret of the world. Either that or the introduction of a new character would be a great place to end the episode.

As for the reveal of Riki's narcolepsy, it's anyone's guess where they'll fit that in. Maybe they just wanted to reveal it in a less crude way than the Visual Novel,revealing it when it turns out to be relevant to the plot instead of just throwing it at the reader during Riki's self dialogue.
Old 2012-10-07, 10:55   Link #51
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I for one want to know what's that on Rin's head in the preview
Looks like a kitchen handkerchief, so I guess they're going to start with Lennon's missions...

You know, when the whole school's kitchen staff goes AWOL?

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-10-07, 10:58   Link #52
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Quote:
Okay so, speculations about episode 2!
Roger!

There are interviews for each of the main seiyuu (sans Mio's, unfortunately) up on the main site, and Suzuki Keiko mentions that Haruka will be appearing from episode 3 on. That shot of Mio in episode 1 makes me believe she'll be introduced soon even though she appeared kind of late in the common route. No idea about the others, but I'd like to see Kurugaya introduced around the same time as Haruka since they're with each other a lot.
As for route order, perhaps least magic to most magic? Komari -> Haruka -> Mio -> Kud -> Kurugaya. Going from the "wtf" at the end of Kurugaya's route to Rin2 and Refrain would be a nice transition IMO.

Introducing battle rankings next episode would make sense, but I still wonder how they're going to do it. Showing the ranking screen game-style like ep1's "No-con" would get old fast. In any case, we need Mask the Saito or the anime won't be complete!

Also baseball practice, who wants to see cat abuse and picnic crashing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I for one want to know what's that on Rin's head in the preview
A white handkerchief? They might be cleaning the clubroom.
Edit @ Arturia - Doesn't look like a kitchen though...
And wasn't the first mission getting rid of bugs on a tree? Come to think of it, if they show that next episode won't it be kind of obvious that
Spoiler for .:
Or maybe that's just because we already know, that it seems obvious now...
Old 2012-10-07, 11:08   Link #53
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Nah, the order is pretty much like that in the game, it's not obvious at all. Not sure about the handkerchief, maybe that's an anime-only scene. My guess is cleaning up the clubroom.

EDIT: Yeah, derp. You see the note wrapped around lennon's tail in the preview, so that 100% confirms Rin's cat scene in the next episode, along with the commencement of the secret of the world quest.

And I looked into it, the first noted instance of Riki's narcolepsy is after Kurugaya's first baseball practice. On the way back he has an attack, and wakes up later in his bed with Kyousuke by his side. If there's anywhere they're gonna introduce it, I bet it will be there. They could do it at the end of next episode if they wanted, after Komari's first baseball practice.

Also, in light of that new info, I'm guessing they'll introduce a character an episode.

Last edited by Aspirety; 2012-10-07 at 11:18.
Old 2012-10-07, 11:09   Link #54
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I think it's because we already know.

They could perfectly fit 2 missions in one episode, specially since it's just the original quintet doing the missions...

This way they might be planning to do Rin1 first...

I agree it doesn't look like a kitchen... it was just a thought. Besides it's night time...

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-10-07, 11:12   Link #55
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

I wouldn't say this confirms Rin1 first... It depends how they choose to handle the repetitions.
EDIT: Oh god I feel like an idiot! It was being waved right in front of my face, literally! You can see the note wrapped around Lennon's tail at the start of the preview. How did that escape my notice this whole time? ^^;
No need for speculation, that confirms it.
EDIT2: Also, perhaps the Rin handkerchief thing is her encountering the mysterious lifeform? It's possible.

So, to revise.

Things that will definitely happen next episode:
Komari on the rooftop
Komari joining the Little Busters + Baseball Practice
Rin and her cats + The secret of the world quest commencement

Things that might happen next episode:
Battle Rankings commencement
Mysterious Lifeform
Reveal of Riki's Narcolepsy
Old 2012-10-07, 17:26   Link #56
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
Roger!

There are interviews for each of the main seiyuu (sans Mio's, unfortunately) up on the main site, and Suzuki Keiko mentions that Haruka will be appearing from episode 3 on. That shot of Mio in episode 1 makes me believe she'll be introduced soon even though she appeared kind of late in the common route. No idea about the others, but I'd like to see Kurugaya introduced around the same time as Haruka since they're with each other a lot.
As for route order, perhaps least magic to most magic? Komari -> Haruka -> Mio -> Kud -> Kurugaya. Going from the "wtf" at the end of Kurugaya's route to Rin2 and Refrain would be a nice transition IMO.

Introducing battle rankings next episode would make sense, but I still wonder how they're going to do it. Showing the ranking screen game-style like ep1's "No-con" would get old fast. In any case, we need Mask the Saito or the anime won't be complete!

Also baseball practice, who wants to see cat abuse and picnic crashing?

A white handkerchief? They might be cleaning the clubroom.
Edit @ Arturia - Doesn't look like a kitchen though...
And wasn't the first mission getting rid of bugs on a tree? Come to think of it, if they show that next episode won't it be kind of obvious that
Spoiler for .:
Or maybe that's just because we already know, that it seems obvious now...
Thank you for all the info *v*

I'll be looking forward to Haruka's appearance. How many episodes do you guys think the common route will be? I think that the common route will be 5-6 episodes minimum ahaha;;
Old 2012-10-07, 18:57   Link #57
Eater of All
NOM

Personally I hope the common route will be spread throughout the show, interspersed between heroine routes. A hard reset everytime would seem too jarring and obvious (unlike in the VN where players don't suspect it). It would be more subtle if the world gets reset multiple times in the background, just that different scenes are shown with occasional continuity inconsistencies or hints thrown in for anime viewers to speculate on (or declare as bad writing ).

I originally thought the baseball match had to be put at the end for this to work, but that idea about multiple matches works even better.
Old 2012-10-07, 20:15   Link #58
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I think I remember reading somewhere that Key got a brilliant idea on how to incorporate the separate routes, which was one of the reasons why they didn't rush to make an adaptation because they were still puzzled on how to handle this issue until then. It was quite long ago though so I forgot where I read it and if I remember it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina
Mask the Saito
umaa uma uuuu
Old 2012-10-07, 23:13   Link #59
Pik2Rob

Quote:
Okay so, speculations about episode 2! From the preview it seems to be Komari-centric,.
What preview? Can I have a link to where you found it
Old 2012-10-07, 23:34   Link #60
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

There's a preview at the end of each episode, and there is this.
The text, in summary, says Riki found Komari on the roof, told her about the recruitment. She took Kyousuke's entrance test. Meanwhile, Rin found a letter that was tied to one of the cats.