AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 06:12   Link #1481
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
But the novels did mention dark matter creating brains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
In NT6 Kakine say if they destroyed his brain he would just create a new one.
Kakine is capable of lying you know.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 06:23   Link #1482
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So is everybody else.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 08:19   Link #1483
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Kakine is capable of lying you know.
There is no reason for Kakine to lie when he is boasting about his ability and plus dark kakine is too arrogant to lie about it. He likes to look down on the others just like Accelerator before he got punched.

So nope, I don't think he lied. He states the facts and gloat his enemy about the absolute strength of his ability.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:08   Link #1484
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Didn't kihara byouri or whatever was her name demonstrated that dark matter can indeed regenerate a brain?
Old 2013-04-22, 09:12   Link #1485
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Question: Has the topic of Dual-Skill ever surfaced in the Index novels? I've been rewatching Railgun and Mikoto mentioned while fighting with Kiyama Harumi that there is such a theory albeit impossible.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:17   Link #1486
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Same thing; it's impossible to create a true dual skill.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:37   Link #1487
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Question: Has the topic of Dual-Skill ever surfaced in the Index novels? I've been rewatching Railgun and Mikoto mentioned while fighting with Kiyama Harumi that there is such a theory albeit impossible.
If you're ready to be spoiled...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-22, 15:35   Link #1488
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There is no reason for Kakine to lie when he is boasting about his ability and plus dark kakine is too arrogant to lie about it. He likes to look down on the others just like Accelerator before he got punched.

So nope, I don't think he lied. He states the facts and gloat his enemy about the absolute strength of his ability.
Arrogance does not make you more trustworthy. Just because he believes his power absolute does not mean he is willing to risk revealing the one weakness he recognizes he has. His power allows him to appear to have no weaknesses but he has plenty of reason to lie if he does have one.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:45   Link #1489
tsunade666

Quote:
Arrogance does not make you more trustworthy. Just because he believes his power absolute does not mean he is willing to risk revealing the one weakness he recognizes he has. His power allows him to appear to have no weaknesses but he has plenty of reason to lie if he does have one.
his arrogance is what leads to his defeat. He believe he reach the level of infinity but he didn't understand it completely or have controls over it like Othinus which is balance in 50/50. That's why when Beetle start malfunctioning he didn't care because its just a small part of the system then with the interference of Rikou. That leads to Beetle being independent from the system and manage to steal the administrative rights from him.

I don't see any reason for him lying when he is boasting that he can create it again and again and it was already shown when he created clones of kakine when he first strike together with an army of Beetle. Then in NT 4 it was shown that Dark matter can regrow lost body parts at will.

There are lots of possibilities for dark matter that it indeed might be in infinity when you tried to create something.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:47   Link #1490
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If you're going to start questioning every character whether they're lying or not, then we'll never get anything done here.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:57   Link #1491
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Question: in the novels, Accelerator takes kinetic energy from the planet to throw at the windowless building in such a way that it slows down the Earth's rotation by 5 minutes, or something like that, right?

Could Accelerator, in theory, fix that with his ability, speeding the Earth back up to how fast it's supposed to be rotating?
Old 2013-04-22, 17:00   Link #1492
Rovert10

I don't see why not. If he's able to slow down by that much, he should be able to speed up.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 17:04   Link #1493
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Question: in the novels, Accelerator takes kinetic energy from the planet to throw at the windowless building in such a way that it slows down the Earth's rotation by 5 minutes, or something like that, right?

Could Accelerator, in theory, fix that with his ability, speeding the Earth back up to how fast it's supposed to be rotating?
The rotation of the Earth is stable and rotating on the same force. He really didn't slow it down but guide the energy into one point (into the building) and launching it as an attack. Calculation alone on the accumulated energy gathered is enough to blast planets to smithereens.

He didn't stop the planets rotation. He just redirects the energy. The description is when he takes the energy. it slows the Earth's rotation by 5 minutes but it will just return on itself to normal but the 5 minutes worth of energy is already used.

So there is no need for Accelerator to make the Earth's rotation faster again. It will just complicate things like a change in LOTS of Ways.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:06   Link #1494
Rovert10

Pretty sure modifying Earth's rotation so suddenly would cause more than a single building being thrown
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 17:06   Link #1495
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Oh, so it's already returning to how it was supposed to be? Because complications was what I had been curious about, I had thought it was a permanent slowing by 5 minutes, and as such there'd be lasting consequences over time.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:09   Link #1496
Dyingbreath

Quote:
his arrogance is what leads to his defeat. He believe he reach the level of infinity but he didn't understand it completely or have controls over it like Othinus which is balance in 50/50. That's why when Beetle start malfunctioning he didn't care because its just a small part of the system then with the interference of Rikou. That leads to Beetle being independent from the system and manage to steal the administrative rights from him.

I don't see any reason for him lying when he is boasting that he can create it again and again and it was already shown when he created clones of kakine when he first strike together with an army of Beetle. Then in NT 4 it was shown that Dark matter can regrow lost body parts at will.

There are lots of possibilities for dark matter that it indeed might be in infinity when you tried to create something.
From a scientific perspective it can't though. Sure you can grow something that looks like an arm and acts like an arm, but if a surgeon cut it open and studied it they'd be able to find out that it's fake.
And he still has plenty of reason to lie. Being overconfident is one thing but allowing your opponent to know that you have a weakness is another level of stupidity that I don't think Kakine would fall to.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:35   Link #1497
tsunade666

Quote:
From a scientific perspective it can't though. Sure you can grow something that looks like an arm and acts like an arm, but if a surgeon cut it open and studied it they'd be able to find out that it's fake.
And he still has plenty of reason to lie. Being overconfident is one thing but allowing your opponent to know that you have a weakness is another level of stupidity that I don't think Kakine would fall to.
Why are you using human knowledge on trying to justify dark matter when its an alien object? the laws concerning it can't be explained by the ordinary knowledge. Yes, we can guess and speculate but its an ALIEN OBJECT. From the beginning its meant to be alienated from our knowledge.

Kakine is not stupid fool but arrogantly stupid. That's why Mugino and Accelerator take PITY on him when he starts to crumble. He attains a height that can't be measured and take a look at what happen on him? a mere malfunction on the system ended up being a the malfunction grew into another independent personality of Kakine Teikoku that takeover his administrative rights.

Its really quite easy to understand but why can't you see it in a more simple ways.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:06   Link #1498
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Why are you using human knowledge on trying to justify dark matter when its an alien object? the laws concerning it can't be explained by the ordinary knowledge. Yes, we can guess and speculate but its an ALIEN OBJECT. From the beginning its meant to be alienated from our knowledge.
Because there are some things in the world which not even magic can change. Even God Himself needs to follow logic and Kakine is far less powerful than God. You cannot build something which needs multiple compounds out of one material. It's like trying to build a clock using nothing other than minute hands.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:34   Link #1499
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Oh, so it's already returning to how it was supposed to be? Because complications was what I had been curious about, I had thought it was a permanent slowing by 5 minutes, and as such there'd be lasting consequences over time.
I was under the impression that it slowed FOR five minutes...

Quote:
Because there are some things in the world which not even magic can change. Even God Himself needs to follow logic and Kakine is far less powerful than God. You cannot build something which needs multiple compounds out of one material. It's like trying to build a clock using nothing other than minute hands.
No, its like trying to build a clock out of only metal.

Do able.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:51   Link #1500
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

No, its like trying to build a clock out of only metal.

Do able.
That's because clocks are simple machines that don't need several types of proteins to function.

Tags
hard science