3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-14, 17:33   Link #301
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Gawain is superior to Lancelot, but Lyod isn't gathering all that data from Lancelots performance for nothing. Lancelot MKII will definitely be reality one day ( i mean he doesn't have the Über shield Lancelot had yet nor his sword - which wasn't magic but still had a name )
I too think that Gawain is superior to Lancelot in many ways except for probable mobility/agility. Lancelot excels at high speed combat, and yes Lloyd is collecting data for a reason. Suzaku is a great pilot but very brash and head on, he could have the most powerful freakin suit in all of existence but if he does not think, he will be outwitted again just like when Todo and the resistance fights took their battle orders from zero. With C.C. and Zero in the same cockpit imo it increases their fighting ability not just physically but mentally. As soon as C.C. perfects handling Gawain the shit will really hit the fan
Old 2007-03-14, 18:40   Link #302
Asianknight82
Banned

I wonder, was I the only one that grinned when Nina got manhandled? lol
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 18:43   Link #303
5_of_Spades

Hmm. Interesting episode, if only for CC and her suit. The confession seem rushed. But then Euphy is an anime female character at that age after all.

Although I started watching Geass fully expecting it to be a het show (with characters like Nina of course), but now with all that saving Suzaku stuff, I am getting bad yaoi vibes. (Usually not against it, but just seems wrong in here, even if the character designs are done by CLAMP.)
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 18:44   Link #304
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asianknight82 View Post
I wonder, was I the only one that grinned when Nina got manhandled? lol
it depends on what type of grinning :3 at first i thought "ha! serves her right..." but thinking back i should be ashamed...unless nina does something else to warrant my dislike of her she is neutral in my books :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 19:19   Link #305
Juvyniled

I dunno.... a lot of things seemed pretty impulsive this episode, ie. Nina rushing to Euphemia at the museum and Euphemia's (if you will call it such) 'confession'. Is it just me, or was Lelouch EXPECTING Suzaku to come? Even given Gawain's abilities... it seemed like he was sitting by. (and when Lelouch handed off the battery pack, reminded me of how the Burgerking King gives off burgers ).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 19:27   Link #306
JediNight
キズランダム

Juvyniled: Well he HAS shown up at every major operation he's undertook And with something major like this happening, how could you NOT expect him to be there? He's piloting the best Knightmare frame they have and he was Euphie's knight so...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 20:09   Link #307
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Well he HAS shown up at every major operation he's undertook And with something major like this happening, how could you NOT expect him to be there? He's piloting the best Knightmare frame they have and he was Euphie's knight so...
It's not Suzaku that I was talking about. I was referring to Lelouch. Of course Suzaku is going to be there, especially when this faux-Japanese force is coming to assault the empire. But I was wondering why Lelouch didn't take the initiative (if he WAS there before Suzaku).
Old 2007-03-14, 20:22   Link #308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Does Lelouch strikes you as someone who would run head first into an enemy base?

And even if he does, does C.C strikes you as an Ace pilot who can dodge misslies, bullets and cannon fire?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 20:31   Link #309
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Does Lelouch strikes you as someone who would run head first into an enemy base?

And even if he does, does C.C strikes you as an Ace pilot who can dodge misslies, bullets and cannon fire?
immortality=has whatever skills at whatever level the writers feel like.

not like it changes your point though. ^_^b
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 20:35   Link #310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah, but I realise it would've sounded better had I place C.C's point first before lulu's
Old 2007-03-14, 20:52   Link #311
Juvyniled

Had Suzaku not recklessly charged in first, I can only wonder what Lelouch would have done. The soldiers would be in an all-out combat and it would still be reckless for Lelouch to intervene. That was why I was wondering what Lelouch had to gain simply by sitting there had Suzaku not come in. I'd understand it a little better if Lelouch was flying towards the scene, but it appeared that he was already there. Not to mention, he didn't call for the support of the other members or Kallen even.
Old 2007-03-14, 20:57   Link #312
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Had Suzaku not recklessly charged in first, I can only wonder what Lelouch would have done. The soldiers would be in an all-out combat and it would still be reckless for Lelouch to intervene. That was why I was wondering what Lelouch had to gain simply by sitting there had Suzaku not come in.
well, he could have basically repeated the entire montage after the "energy filler of friendship scene" with the Guren instead of the Lancelot.

still, it sounds really hypothetical with someone like Lelouch, who being Lelouch was likely watching the battle in his sub well before Lancelot showed up, and no doubt expected Suzaku to be disapatched hours before hand after noticing Avalon on the radar. (apparently radar's can detect names in Geass, as we saw this episode )
Old 2007-03-14, 21:00   Link #313
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My guess was he's betting on the chance that Lancelot would come. But what would he have done if Lancelot didn't show up? My guess is that he would STILL have to go in guns blazing at some point, it'll just be alot harder...
Old 2007-03-14, 21:06   Link #314
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
My guess was he's betting on the chance that Lancelot would come. But what would he have done if Lancelot didn't show up? My guess is that he would STILL have to go in guns blazing at some point, it'll just be alot harder...
but he has an entire army he could have dispatched. the Guren. Todou and the Shiseiken. hell, he could have just thrown the entire Sub squad at the the chinese if he had really felt like it.

Lelouch really isn't the type to walk into anything without backup. it would have been exactly the same, just replace the Lancelot with anyone in the order.
Old 2007-03-14, 21:11   Link #315
Juvyniled

But because Lancelot was sent in, he didn't have to face a force of Britannian soldiers in combination with the Chinese. Had Lelouch tried to jump in with heroics, he'd have faced an onslaught from both sides, including Cornelia and the Lancelot (had it not been deployed early on).

I'm just assuming that Lelouch is gambling with the situation or has some sort of foresight.
Old 2007-03-14, 21:13   Link #316
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@ashlay

Except the problem with that is unlike Gawain, it'll be alot harder for his army to escape without fighting the Britainian forces. His whole point of being there was to show that the Black Knights won't stand for this kind of stuff, but it'll be bad for their image if they had to attack the Britainian troops as well...

@Juvyniled

Considering Lancelot has been screwing with him everytime, to him it's almost certain that it'll show up now.

The whole scene reminds me of Saiyuki Gaiden, where the army of Heaven always sent in their one war god to do most (if not all) of the fighting for them, and it doesn't matter whether he dies or not since to them he's nothing but a heretic.
Old 2007-03-14, 21:36   Link #317
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Is there no episode 21 this week?.
I havent seen any raws out yet for it.
Old 2007-03-14, 21:42   Link #318
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
raw is about 12 hours from now dood.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 21:48   Link #319
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Do we have a name for the insert song?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 23:05   Link #320
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Do we have a name for the insert song?
"Callin' " written, composed, and sang by Mikio Sakai.
Same guy responsible for insert song in ep17.

He's also famous for writing/composing songs for Scryed and Planet-ES, and slew of other TV shows, anime or non-anime.