AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-22, 14:31   Link #161
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I stopped the movie at the first 5 minutes or so. It's horrible.
Old 2006-12-23, 04:59   Link #162
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

warning warning! do not see the movie!!

If you seen the Anime or read the manga, then I wouldn't reccemond watching the movie.

Light doesn't not seem like the light you read in the manga or seen in the Anime. In the movie, light doesn't have that genious type look or feel like in the manga or the anime. Plus he looks a bit girly.

Also, the story is waaaaaaaaaayyyy off the manga and the anime. Forexample, in the movie he find the death note differntly then the manga and anime.

Don't watch!! Unless you want to see how bd the movie is compared to the manga and anime.
Old 2006-12-23, 12:56   Link #163
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Finally, the show is here in SG. Yup, juz back from the movie. Full house. Maybe cos' it was a sneak preview since the official date here is 28Dec. Well, the movie 2 differed quite a bit from the manga/anime for me. But, I guess that L fans will surely like it and actually to me, the movie is good. L's actor did quite a good job here. In fact, even Raito's actor seem to improve in the second movie too.

Juz be prepared if u r goin to watch the DN movies, dun compare them with the manga/anime. Well, to me, it looks like an alternative storytelling of DN tt's all. XD

*waiting patiently for L's stand alone movie in 2007* XD XD XD
Old 2006-12-23, 15:02   Link #164
auraking

Erm Yes... Hi I'm New Here And i Just Watched Death Note 2 In singapore i'm singaporean....
Errm what the Hell they died all of them but impossible they comic shows that Light Yagami's Father Died Because Of Light Yagami.. but In the Movie The Father did not die???
What is this???... Erm The comic Writes (The God Of Death Cannot Kill the Owner because the Death God Errm For exaple: Dislike's The Owner) But the End Of the Show the Death God Uses His Death note And Writes Light YAgami's Name in...
Than light Yagami Died.... ???
Erm But the Movies Ending Writes (1 Year Later) But Ryuk IS still At The Humans World Strange Isn't It?The Comic Write (The DEath God Cannot leave the Owner's Side Unless the Dies Or runs out of paper on the Death Note.. but Light Yagami Hasn't Ran out yet..) Geez So i think that Light Isn't Dead Yet...
Guys What Are your Opinions ??? REPLY ASAP!!!
Old 2006-12-23, 16:13   Link #165
Ohnuki

Question about Death Note Movie 1:

For someone who has seen the anime up until it was subbed(e.g. episode 11 now) and hasn't read the manga at all, will watching part 1 spoil the story for me? Since its a two part movie, how far into the story does the movie go? Is the storyline exactly the same, or will watching the movie not spoil the show for me?
Old 2006-12-23, 21:50   Link #166
onepiecelover

I tried watching it but I stopped after like 10 minutes well mostly due my ineptude in undertsanding japanese an it just sucked.
Old 2006-12-24, 00:06   Link #167
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by auraking View Post
Erm Yes... Hi I'm New Here And i Just Watched Death Note 2 In singapore i'm singaporean....
Errm what the Hell they died all of them but impossible they comic shows that Light Yagami's Father Died Because Of Light Yagami.. but In the Movie The Father did not die???
What is this???... Erm The comic Writes (The God Of Death Cannot Kill the Owner because the Death God Errm For exaple: Dislike's The Owner) But the End Of the Show the Death God Uses His Death note And Writes Light YAgami's Name in...
Than light Yagami Died.... ???
Erm But the Movies Ending Writes (1 Year Later) But Ryuk IS still At The Humans World Strange Isn't It?The Comic Write (The DEath God Cannot leave the Owner's Side Unless the Dies Or runs out of paper on the Death Note.. but Light Yagami Hasn't Ran out yet..) Geez So i think that Light Isn't Dead Yet...
Guys What Are your Opinions ??? REPLY ASAP!!!
Nope. Shinigami can kill the owner of DN. Auraking, haf u read the manga till the very end? I shant spoiler here. If u have read it, you shld be able to c some similarities in the manga and the movie though some parts of the timeline is being distorted.

About Light's father, as you can c. The movie differs quite a bit off the anime/manga. Therefore, it is not surprising that his father din die and since the book that Light wrote his dad's name down was fake.

As u haf said, Shinigami cannot leave the owner side unless the owner died. Yup, Light is dead so he can be seen still "flying around Tokyo Tower" ? Lolz

Anyway some of the DN rules to mention for your reference.

"The owner of Death Note cannot be killed by a god of death who is living in the world of the gods of death"

"Also a god of death who comes to the human world, in the objective to kill the owner of the Death Note will not be able to do so"

"Only a god of death that has passed on their Death Note to a human is able to kill the owner of the Death Note"

Hope that these will help u to clarify some of the doubts.
Old 2006-12-24, 00:56   Link #168
auraking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
Nope. Shinigami can kill the owner of DN. Auraking, haf u read the manga till the very end? I shant spoiler here. If u have read it, you shld be able to c some similarities in the manga and the movie though some parts of the timeline is being distorted.

About Light's father, as you can c. The movie differs quite a bit off the anime/manga. Therefore, it is not surprising that his father din die and since the book that Light wrote his dad's name down was fake.

As u haf said, Shinigami cannot leave the owner side unless the owner died. Yup, Light is dead so he can be seen still "flying around Tokyo Tower" ? Lolz

Anyway some of the DN rules to mention for your reference.

"The owner of Death Note cannot be killed by a god of death who is living in the world of the gods of death"

"Also a god of death who comes to the human world, in the objective to kill the owner of the Death Note will not be able to do so"

"Only a god of death that has passed on their Death Note to a human is able to kill the owner of the Death Note"

Hope that these will help u to clarify some of the doubts.
NO!!!! I JUST CAN'T FACE THE FACT THAT LIGHT YAGAMI DIED AND THE STORY ENDS LIKE THIS!!!!
What The Hell is with this... I think Light And Rem And Ryuk Has Got All this Planed out Cauz Light Isn't a Kinda Guy That Loses So Easily...
I really Hope That There Is a Part 3 OF THE MOVIE!!!...

Can Anyone Tell me THe forum For Death Note I wanna Ask The Creator Of Death Note To Make More Movies And Manga.Just Like Inuyasha It Should Have been over but ppl Wrote Letter in and they came out With more of Inuyasha. So i think taht DeathNote Should TOO!!!!!

So if Anyone Knows Pls TELL ME and All who knows pls Help me and make the Creator Make more Movies And manga !!!

And I think That (Light Yagami) Have Something Up His Sleve
Hmmm and i wonder In the Movie they Call him Yagami light lol I'm singaporean So i call him Light Yagami ^_^
Old 2006-12-24, 01:04   Link #169
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Lolz. Cool down man, auraking. Well, if u r not happy with the events, u can always write ur own fanfics. XD

Nope, they already mention that this will be the last DN movie. The third movie will be a stand off movie of L alone. No Light involved.

Well, if u can read chinese, 再聪明的人,也会有失算的一天。Lolz. No offence to you, can c that u r Light's fan.

Hmm, as u can c, the movie director doesn't like Light at all cos' he is making Light "as evil as possible" with his gf and his dad. Tt's why I mention L's fans will like the show but definitely not Light's. Actually, I oso dun really believe that Light can be some wimp to make use of his loved ones to achieve his aims. Hahaha
Old 2006-12-24, 22:43   Link #170
auraking

Quote:
Lolz. Cool down man, auraking. Well, if u r not happy with the events, u can always write ur own fanfics. XD

Nope, they already mention that this will be the last DN movie. The third movie will be a stand off movie of L alone. No Light involved.

Well, if u can read chinese, 再聪明的人,也会有失算的一天。Lolz. No offence to you, can c that u r Light's fan.

Hmm, as u can c, the movie director doesn't like Light at all cos' he is making Light "as evil as possible" with his gf and his dad. Tt's why I mention L's fans will like the show but definitely not Light's. Actually, I oso dun really believe that Light can be some wimp to make use of his loved ones to achieve his aims. Hahaha
T_T.... I LOVE LIGHT!!!,Big FAN lol i want light!!!
Haiz Nvm la jus tell me the Website i wan complain ^^
LOL
Old 2006-12-29, 07:46   Link #171
redberrie

heys, im new here, so hi! hmms, ive watch the 2nd movie yesterday in spore too. think action wise, it's a terrific blockbuster. ^^ L simply rocks heh. but i think ive found some loopholes in the storyline and i hope to clarify them with some ppl.. but ermm, one thing, how to make spoiler buttons??! can teach me please? thanks k. =]
Old 2006-12-29, 08:59   Link #172
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:

JUst to translate, 再聪明的人,也会有失算的一天 means "No matter how smart he is, one day he will make a mistake."

Anyway Light had to lose in order to be politically correct. If he won, I wonder whether some officials from some more strict countries would have allowed it to be screened.
Old 2006-12-29, 12:41   Link #173
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Seriously, what's with all the influx of negative reaction to the movie the past few days? It seems like you guys have based your judgment AFTER watching the anime.

For those of us fortunate enough to watch both movies BEFORE the anime, we thought it was OK, I at least was willing to tolerate Fujihara Tatsuya, though he may never be the perfect choice in depicting Light's evil genius, Fujihara did a decent job in portraying Light. And Matsuyama Kenichi was absolutely perfect in his portrayal as L.

This is as good a live-action adaptation of a manga goes, and the original twist at the end of the second movie was superb.

Unless you are a die-hard Light fangirl (or fanboy), the second movie ending can actually be more satisfying than the manga ending, which was very disappointing in many ways. Why do you think there was so much buzz about the "original" ending? I personally found my money well spent on this movie ticket.

I really do not believe there's nobody here who doesn't dislike the movie, especially the posts in the first few pages. Where are you? Where are you? Let's be 'avin you!

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2006-12-29 at 12:52.
Old 2006-12-29, 21:08   Link #174
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Seriously, what's with all the influx of negative reaction to the movie the past few days? It seems like you guys have based your judgment AFTER watching the anime...
Wow call me surprised too.

I already read the manga and watched a few weeks worth of the anime, but I definitely liked the movies. I didn't care too much about the changes. So many of you whine too much, but with a limited amount of time in a movie can you really have it any other way? Do you want a 12-hour epic just to make the whole Death Note (and its details) fit into a movie? You already have the anime for that thing.

They 'deliberately' changed details, canned characters, and re-arranged plots to make the story coherent while keeping the length of the movie to reasonable levels. You should even thank them for splitting it into two movies.
Old 2006-12-29, 21:45   Link #175
animeloon

Just finish the movie 2 yesterday, i have a few questions to clarify regarding the movie

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-29, 22:45   Link #176
Sector

I read the manga before I watched the anime and the movie.

From a point of view not compare the manga/anime with the movie. I have to say, the movie was really horrible.

First off. Tatsuya Fujiwara is ridiculously ugly looking from my personal opinion, but as an actor who plays Light, he does fit for that role. He is over-dramatic and just plain awkward to watch. I don't expect the main character to look exactly like the one in the manga/anime, but at least someone who can portray the character correctly. Light is very intelligent and I would expect the character be someone who looks intelligent for the role.

What I thought was really weird at the end was when L whoop out the potato bag of chips and start eating in front of Light. If they're having some staring battle between each other, it's really unnecessary for L just to whoop out this bag of chips behind his back and start eating in front of the dude.
Old 2007-01-02, 22:20   Link #177
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector View Post
What I thought was really weird at the end was when L whoop out the potato bag of chips and start eating in front of Light. If they're having some staring battle between each other, it's really unnecessary for L just to whoop out this bag of chips behind his back and start eating in front of the dude.
Most probably L was just guessing that light was using the bag of chips and wanted to test his response by eating in front of him.
Old 2007-01-03, 22:16   Link #178
winsonkoh

haha thank goodness I used my free ticket pass for it, didn't spend a single cent for the deathnote & last name movie :P

I must say the last name is too rush, they could have continued the story for 3rd one. :/

L spinoff is the third movie huh?
Old 2007-01-04, 00:42   Link #179
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsonkoh View Post
haha thank goodness I used my free ticket pass for it, didn't spend a single cent for the deathnote & last name movie :P

I must say the last name is too rush, they could have continued the story for 3rd one. :/

L spinoff is the third movie huh?
Hahaha. Good for ya. Well, L spinoff is considered as the third movie but it wun be connected to the first 2 though. I dun tink there will be any appearance of Raito since it is L's story this time.

The only thingy we can do is to wait for more release on the information regarding the third movie.
Old 2007-01-04, 02:01   Link #180
Xerion12
Rawr! And stuff.. D:!

I wouldn't call the movie "bad". It was just a retelling of the story.
Closed Thread