AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-05, 03:53   Link #1
<3Animesuki<3

Exclamation Looking for an anime xD

Hey guys!!! I'm new to the forum and looking for a good anime to watch. This time round the year its nearly Christmas so yeh, im looking for a romance/action or romance/school life anime. I'm quite picky about my animes, its got to have good graphics and a story-line, the main character must look nice, and preferably a good ending. Quite the picky type huh?

Here's a list of most of the romance animes i've seen... probs gonna miss some but... oh well.

Aishiteru ze baby
Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka
Aki Sora
Akikan
Amagami SS
Angel Beats
Asu no Yoichi
Blood+
Busou Renkin
Canvas 2: Niji Iro no Sketch
Chrome Shelled Regios
Clannad
Clannad After Story
D.N. Angel
DearS
Dragonaut: The Resonance
Druaga no Tou: the Aegis of Uruk
Druaga no Tou: the Sword of Uruk
Ef - a tale of melodies
Ef - a tale of memories
Final Approach
Fortune Arterial
Freezing
Fruits Basket
Futakoi
Gakuen Mokushiroku: High School of the Dead
Gift: Eternal Rainbow
Gin'iron no Olynssis
Goshuushou-sama Ninomya-kun
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
Hanasakeru Seishounen
Hanaukyou Maid Tai
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Happiness
Hatsukoi Limited
Hayate no Gotoku (season 1+2)
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Ichigo 100%
IS: Infinite Stratos
Itazura na Kiss
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (season 1 + 2)
Kamisama Dolls
Kampfer
Kanokon
Kanon
Kekkaishi
Kenran Butou Sai: The Mars Daybreak
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
KissXSis
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Kyoshiro and the Eternal Sky
Lamune
Maburaho
Macross Frontier
Mai-Hime
Mai-Otome
Motto To love-ru: Trouble
Myself; Yourself
Nagasarete Airantou
Nyan Koi!
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Princess Lover!
Rosario + Vampire
Rosario + Vampire Capu2
Sekai no Monshou
Sekai no Danshou
Sekai no Senki (season 1 + 2 + 3)
Sekirei
Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~
Seto No Hanayome
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Shuffle!
Simoun
Skip Beat
Sola
Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi no Utsuru Sekai
Sora no Otoshimono
Soul Link
Special A
Suzuka
Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou no Yome
Tactical Roar
Tales of The Abyss
Tayutama: Kiss on my Deity
To Love-Ru
Tokimeki Memorial Only Love
Toradora
Tsuyokiss CoolxSweet
Uchuu no Stellvia
Vampire Knight
Vampire Knight Guilty
Vandread
Vandread: The Second Stage
Zero no Tsukaima (season 1 + 2 + 3)

Oh yeh, Hope u guys have something nice for me xD
thnx
Old 2011-12-05, 04:28   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm sure you'll like Angel Beats!. It's written by the same guy involved in Kanon, Clannad and Air (You haven't seen Air either but that doesn't have a happy ending so...)
Old 2011-12-05, 05:29   Link #3
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

For romance/action give Elemental Gelade and Kaze no Stigma a try. Both complete with acceptable "graphics", good looking main characters and happy endings.

Also agree with Haak, Angel Beats! is another good suggestion.
Old 2011-12-05, 13:31   Link #4
amasposu

I scanned through your list and I couldn't find these: =)

- Bokura ga Ita
- Kare Kano
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Mashiroiro Symphony
- The World God Only Knows I and II
- To Heart (This one is a little old but it is quite good.)

If you count KissXSis as romance, then I will add these titles too. 8D

- MM!
- Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne
- Yuru Yuri
Old 2011-12-05, 14:02   Link #5
<3Animesuki<3

Opps i forgot quite a few animes in there O.O
I've seen Air, even though it wasn't a good ending, i was satisfied =)
Hmmm... i think i'll try Elemental Gelade, i've seen Kaze no Stigma now that u've mentioned it.

I've seen The World God only Knows 1 + 2, i think i put the japanese title down in the list (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai).
I didn't really like the animation of Kimi ni Todoke or Kare Kano, i think i'll start on To Heart for now =)
Mashiroiro Symphony looks good btw ^.^ I'll probs watch it after its finished.

As for Angel Beats, it was AMAZING!!! i rekon i'd actually rate it in my top 20 animes i've seen xD

Oh man... now that I go over i remember quite a list of animes that i haven't listed down there yet =S
Old 2011-12-05, 14:41   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't see REC or Nodame Cantabile on your list. Characters are slightly older than most school comedies, though, at 18-25 or so.
Old 2011-12-05, 14:44   Link #7
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I have 20% doubt Madoka Magica will appeal to you. Not a good ending but a bittersweet one, not romantic but story is good.
Old 2011-12-05, 14:46   Link #8
amasposu

I recommend giving Kimi ni Todoke another try. The story is sweet and the characters are much cuter later into the story.

Spoiler for character spoiler:
Old 2011-12-05, 15:02   Link #9
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’ll add some more. Since you mentioned The Mars Daybreak and Macross Frontier on your list, I assume that you don’t mind some mecha. If it’s so, then here’s some romance/mecha titles which I see are not on your list:
Gunparade March and Full Metal Panic! (season 1, Fumoffu & The Second Raid).
Both contain romance, action, school life, good stories and graphics, and some comedy to boot. As for the endings, I don’t want to spoil it, but I think you’ll find them well done.

Some non-mecha romance or harem which not on your list (yet):
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
Spice and Wolf
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Maken-Ki!

Sorry if you’ve seen these already.
Old 2011-12-06, 01:41   Link #10
<3Animesuki<3

Omg <3 u guys =D
So many animesssss =)

I started watching REC and Nodame Cantibile, but didnt really like it =S
O.O The graphics for Kimi ni Todoke look kinda ok. I'm surprised. I guess i'll watch it too. Yeh my friend told me to try it but i kept declining her =P so i guess i'll try now.

Madoka Magica is a new series so i'm gonna watch that
I've seen the FMPs, I never got to finish Onegai twins and Onegai teacher O.O don't know why but lol, i'll finish them. Gunparade March looks good =)

Whats your opinion on Spice and Wolf? O.O read the summary a bit but didn't really appeal to me, so i'm on the 50/50 line of not knowing whether to watch it or not.
The last 2 are new so i'll watch em

Thnx guys for ur suggestions, all others are welcome
Old 2011-12-06, 23:16   Link #11
Elegance

People always say that it looks boring when they read it and dont bother to try. I give Spice and Wolf a 10/10. Why I love the relationship between Lawrence and Holo. It is quite unique. Different from ur usual romances. They tease each other, flirt , etc. They also have to go through obstacles together. I do recommend it.

I Recommend:
Mayo Chiki
Otome youkai zakuro
Valkyria Chronicles
Cross Game- good pictures, storyline, ending, and romance.
Maison Ikkoku- its a oldy so not great picture but i guarentee the storyline is magnificent and one of my favorite romances. Very satisfying
Ah MY Goddess
Eureka 7
True Tears

Also your list looks somewhat similar to mine so i am hoping you will like these
Old 2011-12-07, 08:47   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Cross Game

Masion Ikkoku has a great story,and the graphics are actually well done in the later seasons, but most people don't notice because of the older style.

Ah My Goddess of course

Otome Youkai Zakuro - action romance

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-12-07, 19:45   Link #13
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’ll add some more. Since you mentioned The Mars Daybreak and Macross Frontier on your list, I assume that you don’t mind some mecha. If it’s so, then here’s some romance/mecha titles which I see are not on your list:
Gunparade March and Full Metal Panic! (season 1, Fumoffu & The Second Raid).
Both contain romance, action, school life, good stories and graphics, and some comedy to boot. As for the endings, I don’t want to spoil it, but I think you’ll find them well done.

Some non-mecha romance or harem which not on your list (yet):
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
Spice and Wolf
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Maken-Ki!

Sorry if you’ve seen these already.
I totally suggest you watch Onegai Teacher & Twins. You will love it, really. Just few weeks ago i had gone in a romance watching spree, and pratically watched all the titles you listed there. I guess you are looking for what i was looking for, therefore, once again, i totally suggest you watch those two titles, since they were topping my classific. It contains loads of romance, the graphic is totally acceptable, and they both have happy ending.

During this time i've been hunting this kind of animes, so i came across many other titles. Here they go: (Random order)
ladies vs butlers: Very ecchi show, contains some romance, gives good laugh, but the end didn't satisfy me (the anime is all the way happy and funny)
yosuga no sora: Like amagami SS, many parallel stories for each girl. I found amagami still superios, but you might prefer this one for the ecchi/sex scenes.
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: simple romance story, delicate girl, random boy, angry father... pleasant show, lot of romance, happy ending. I really suggest it. Considering you should first watch Onegai teacher & twins, this title would just come after them, since it's always settled at school.
Mayoi chiki: Guy discovers that the school butler is in reality a girl. He'll keep the secret, while the girl will help the guy with a problem: he nosebleeds when touched by a girl. Pleasant show, some kisses, pleasant ending. Very nice graphic imo, totally supported title.
Mayo neko overrun: Portrays many characters, lots of hot girls in it, some side romance, but no real ending. It would have been the perfect anime for me, if it had one fucking ending, instead of leaving it in a neutral state. Still, i really suggest you to watch it, since i liked it much. I just got disappointed because i expected an ending after all that story.
Omamori Himari: Contains cat girl, but if you ever hated hybrids, don't worry; i myself hate catgirls, but the girl in it (Himari) is 98% of the time in her normal form. The cat mode just looks like a funny side when it pop ups. It got fighting in it, kinda like sekirei. I loved it. Got an happy ending. This anime picked up my interest from the beginning, so shouldn't bore you at all.
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - School background, with some time travelling mindfucking. Loaded with romance and tears, and an happy ending. It's just a movie, but will give you many emotions. Was the first romance anime i've ever watched.
They are my noble masters: Guy and his sister become the butlers of a noble family containing chicks. Evolves much around ecchiness and develops some romance. It actually bored me and i dropped it, but it was because i was used to better titles. Still, put it on your list.
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na - Full romance anime, love between a guy from earth and the princess of the moon. Ye, really looks like those often heard tales, but i loved it. Awesome happy ending, good characters, growing drama near the end, romance growing exponentially near ep8. I would put this title under the definition of romance. One of my favorite ever.

There is another title that i would suggest you, since you seemed to love Angel Beats:
Haruhi Suzumiya No Yutsu: I find this the most similar anime to AB, for many reasons: the protagonist is a smart, rational, cool, funny and sometimes cynical student, whose thought will reflect yours 98% of the time. The story it's just from his point of view, making you easily sub in the character, even tho the anime is named after the name of the girl. The contents are pretty similar (god mindfucking, some time travelling), the characters are very similar (Haruhi is bossy and a leader), but it's lighter, since it tends more towards comedy. There is a romance in it, even tho it's often skipped on purpose. The anime series counts a total of 28 episodes (Of which one, named Endless eight is repeated 8 times: you just need to watch the first and the last endless 8) and a movie that is a monster. I found the movie being an orgasm haha; it gives so many emotions, an awesome mindfucking, and really makes you immedesimate yourself in the protagonist. It's my favorite of all the times. You need to watch the first 5 episodes to really understand and get taken in the story.

Anyways, the series only covers 5/11 books of the light novel. If it picks so much your interest, like it did for me, you'll most likely go read the novel aswell. The following chapters aren't that much impressive, but they add MANY story points that will be taken into account in the 10th and 11h books that are like an awesome story (if it ever got animated, would be better than the movie).

Ye sorry for the textwall, i just couldn't skip talking about this anime. Once again, if you loved AB, you'll love Haruhi.
Old 2011-12-08, 22:07   Link #14
<3Animesuki<3

LOL thnx guys =)
I'll take up that offer and watch Spice and Wolf since u liked it
I don't really like the animation of Cross game however but the story line seems pretty good. Eureka 7 is a bit of a slow one, pretty much like inuyasha where sometimes it goes nowhere, i started watching it but i dropped it. I'll get on to Mayo Chiki, Otome youkai Zakuro, Maison Ikkoku and Ah My Goddess. I've seen Valkyria Chronicles =P i actually like it, espec the ending.
I haven't seen True Tears yet but wat are your comments on it??? O.O i probs will watch it but, its kinda on the same line as Spice and Wolf.

I'll finish off Onegai Teachers + Twins xD and also Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na (I actually might wanna play that game aswell). I've seen Omamori Himari and it was goooooooood. <3 it to the max xD too bad it didnt have a solid ending =S much to Motto To love ru: Trouble. I've seen They are my Noble Masters and was another anime i'd recommend to people. I'll watch the rest of the animes u guys suggested =)

sooo many too watch xD probs gonna take me 2 weeks to finish em
Old 2011-12-09, 06:44   Link #15
Niji

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi may work for you. It is in my top 10 since ever. The romance side is not so strong but definitely there. It is one of the "weak guy gets strong" action animes, but done really well.
Closed Thread