AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 4 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 10.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-14, 22:14   Link #21
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's downright sad to see how underappreciated this show is. This late in the game, with the climax right around the corner, and barely any posts on an episode thread of all things.
Well, people are missing out on by far the best Rozen Maiden series... It's really in a different league from the others, even though I enjoyed both of them too.

Weirdly, even though this show is much more serious, I also found the dolls a lot cuter in this version, especially Kanaria and Suigintou when she's being all tsundere. That's saying something from me because cuteness in animated form usually just doesn't work for me (I'm more of a real life little kids and puppies type when it comes to d'awww moments... Your typical moe stuff doesn't affect the protection/affection portion of my brain). Maybe it's the different animation style?

To be honest, this is my #1 show that debuted in this past season. Only other show that's currently airing that I look forward to as much each week is Kingdom, for very different reasons.

The only bittersweet thing for me is that alternate Jun's story is coming to an end. Even if I were to pick up the manga (which I'd consider if there are translations available), his inferior younger self would presumably take center stage after this arc ends. I really hope we get some decent closer for adult Jun.
Old 2013-09-14, 23:29   Link #22
Calca
Expressionless

The reaction to Rozen Maiden I see is kind of like the reaction people had to DBZ Kai who grew up on original DBZ dub.

They hate Kai because the music is different and there are no puns or jokes in there, but the thing is, DBZ Kai is a literal translation of the manga. Kai is what the manga is and what true DBZ is. Same with this Rozen Maiden. This is the original creation and not an adaptation made from scratch. The fact that its not a lighthearted comedy with various action episodes turned a lot of people off and I think that is a shame.
Old 2013-09-15, 21:47   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

2,072 actually, though it's still probably not enough.
Old 2013-09-15, 23:57   Link #24
Uberchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
2,072 actually, though it's still probably not enough.
If the preview is any indication, I'd say we have a fair chance at another season. How popular is the manga anyway?
Old 2013-09-16, 05:39   Link #25
Bern-san

I'm also surprised by the reaction towards this anime, which is a shame, considering how popular the previous adaptations were.
What I'm surprised the most is about the wonderful visuals this adaptation has and how it fits the manga's style, like the coloring they use.

At first the slow pace during the first half of the series worried me (not counting the recap, of course) and I feared they would rush the last episodes. The staff knows how to increase the pace but make it unnoticeable since only 2 chapters are left to adapt end the arc.

I do hope we have a Zurückspulen 2 in the future because the next arc is also very interesting.
Old 2013-09-16, 07:19   Link #26
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
I'm also surprised by the reaction towards this anime, which is a shame, considering how popular the previous adaptations were.
So why are you surprised again?

Quote:
I do hope we have a Zurückspulen 2 in the future because the next arc is also very interesting.
Maybe in 5 years when PEACH-PIT actualy finishes another arc and the producers forget how poorly this one sold.
Old 2013-09-16, 11:39   Link #27
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Eleventh Tale.

This episode merits a perfect mark due to the developments that transpired during the last five minutes, although I became quite vexx with Kirakishou doing absolutely nothing but just weeping and calling out to unwound-Jun.

In short, once the Grandfather clock started its motion, then the two branches connecting both worlds will drift apart from each other, meaning for Shinku her time in the un-wound world turned over. After all, she's an uninvited guest (along with the other Rozen sisters) in the un-wound world and was allowed temporary existence due to the replica body that un-wound Jun created and let's add to the fact that Kirakishou originally held her real body hostage.

Yes, it was an outrage for me watching Shinku saying farewell to un-wound Jun like that, being torn apart without saying a proper good-bye. Un-wound developed an affectionate attachment towards Shinku since way he created the replica body for her Rosa Mystica to inhabit; I smelled from a mile away over the distance how much un-wound Jun desired Shinku to stay in his world, and at how much he became depressed whenever Shinku mentioned the Jun of her world.
Old 2013-09-16, 17:54   Link #28
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
So why are you surprised again?
Because I thought that Nomad's Rozen Maiden was pretty popular and fans would welcome a new adaptation with an open mind instead of whining that this isn't Rozen Maiden and things like that. I expected some disappointed but not this many.

Quote:
Maybe in 5 years when PEACH-PIT actualy finishes another arc and the producers forget how poorly this one sold.
I'm not an expert on sales but I don't think 2k is that bad. Definitely not good to what they were probably aiming but at least not as bad Aku no Hana or Arata Kangatari.
Old 2013-09-16, 18:32   Link #29
Uberchu

Quote:
Because I thought that Nomad's Rozen Maiden was pretty popular and fans would welcome a new adaptation with an open mind instead of whining that this isn't Rozen Maiden and things like that. I expected some disappointed but not this many.
You have to remember that when people think "Rozen Maiden" they think of the Nomad anime, not the manga. After Traumend ended people were excited for the hypothetical third season. The first episode scared everyone off, not to mention people are buttmad that the original anime never got a conclusive ending. However, I don't know how much less popular the manga is. Can anyone in this thread tell me how well the RM manga sells?
Old 2013-09-17, 04:37   Link #30
Horse

Quote:
It's been so long since the nomad anime that there was really no telling if a new Rozen Maiden would've been popular but the simple fact remains - why expect fans of the old anime to be excited about something that is devoid of what made it good for them in the first place?

I can understand why some of you prefer this show but as I said in previous threads - IMHO nomad improved on PEACH-PITs manga (except the overly melodramatic ouverture) so to me DEENs show is a boring step back.

Last edited by Horse; 2013-09-17 at 12:12.
Old 2013-10-18, 13:40   Link #31
kitten320

I feel for Kirakishou, in all honesty it is Rozen's fault for not giving her a body what made her different and lonely.

And Suigintou sure can be an ass sometimes.