Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-09-28, 04:22   Link #1061
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Yes, I agree, instead of just bitching about the adaptation which is difficult to faithfully follow the LN in the first place, readers should just take the anime with a grain of salt. In this case, I can understand the studio's take on the adaptation. Introducing Kei as the heroine will only confuse viewers since her main arc begins in volume 4, while the anime only covers the first 3 vols. Instead, they focus on Horikita as the main, while not faithful, it certainly gives the anime more sense. Many of the negative feedbacks are under the guise of "failed adaptation", but I think they stems from the angry shippers whose waifus screentime got cut short.
Here's the thing: some of the changes made no sense in term of logics AND continuity.

For example, the staircase scenes: the anime made it so that it"[ Horikita and Ayano who confront the C class boys while the LN is Ichinosr and Ayano. A d class and a B class students would be much more believable than 2 D class, especially since there's an earlier scenes where the C class teachers butches about Sakura being the witness since she's a D class student. So why didn't those boys, who were in the same room uses the same arguments to shut down Horikita and Ayano? If it were Ixhinose they would have less reasons to do so since she's both a B class and quite popular.

There's a difference between waifus stuffs and story integrity stuff. Most of the complain is the latter not the former.
Old 2017-09-28, 04:37   Link #1062
Haru00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejectors View Post
Ayanokuji monologue LN Version: But too bad Horikita, you have misunderstood one thing. Now, I'll confess from the bottom of my heart, that I don't think of you as my comrade at all. I don't even feel concerned about you as a classmate.
So Horikita said the same thing and that was Ayanokouji's monologue? that is much more brutal but I would have liked it more if he was talking about everyone, not just her thanks for that beautiful info.
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 04:51   Link #1063
Rejectors

Manga illustrations

Old 2017-09-28, 04:59   Link #1064
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

^^ I think it is the same implicitly,
there is no one who is more often interacted with Ayanokoji than Horikita until that point, and when he didn't trust Horikita AT THAT TIME, do you expect He to trust (consider ally) and corcern to others person? (or maybe author made monologue like that because Ayanokouji corcern about Sakura? as she is the only one that didn't had hidden motive or ambition, just girl in love?)

Last edited by Hujan; 2017-09-28 at 05:49.
Hujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 05:31   Link #1065
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Hat View Post
You want to know why they didn't adapt her SS in vol 4.5? it's bcuz they need to see them in a swimsuit not a clumsy Horikita that accidentally stuck her hand n the bottle
more like a fan service ep.
That's the thing. If they wanted swimsuit fanservice. That could have easily been done whilst they were on the cruise ship or even on the Island itself which is full of beaches. There was no reason to waste an entire episode at the pool when that time could have been used more meaningfully like explaining how Ayanokouji & Ichinose became acquainted.

Quote:
Yes, I agree, instead of just bitching about the adaptation which is difficult to faithfully follow the LN in the first place, readers should just take the anime with a grain of salt. In this case, I can understand the studio's take on the adaptation. Introducing Kei as the heroine will only confuse viewers since her main arc begins in volume 4, while the anime only covers the first 3 vols. Instead, they focus on Horikita as the main, while not faithful, it certainly gives the anime more sense. Many of the negative feedbacks are under the guise of "failed adaptation", but I think they stems from the angry shippers whose waifus screentime got cut short.
No one's disputing that introducing Karuizawa would have been odd, because yes it would have been and I also agree that keeping it to the original wouldn't have made sense. What the problem is that this scene should have never been adapted in the first place as not only is Horikita stealing a role from another character, it also contradicts the LN.

Credit to Cinnamon for his translation here and it tells you a few things:
Spoiler:

Its one thing to make changes in the anime but its another to change them to the point it contradicts the source material.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 06:07   Link #1066
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Hat View Post
Back read before you ask since vol 1-6 is already discussed in this thread
i checked and i didnt find a summary of it i was asking for a whole summary go and check page and page would take me forever and i am so busy lately
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 06:11   Link #1067
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Is Horikita a hypocrite?
She said she feels bad being given Ayanokouji's achievements
But in the end she didn't tell anyone about that
Hirata could've claimed the honor for survival test, yet he's a good guy, honestly tell everyone what Ayanokouji told him
On the other hand, Horikita kept the truth hidden for her own benefits
Does anyone realize this?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 06:18   Link #1068
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Here's the thing: some of the changes made no sense in term of logics AND continuity.

For example, the staircase scenes: the anime made it so that it"[ Horikita and Ayano who confront the C class boys while the LN is Ichinosr and Ayano. A d class and a B class students would be much more believable than 2 D class, especially since there's an earlier scenes where the C class teachers butches about Sakura being the witness since she's a D class student. So why didn't those boys, who were in the same room uses the same arguments to shut down Horikita and Ayano? If it were Ixhinose they would have less reasons to do so since she's both a B class and quite popular.

There's a difference between waifus stuffs and story integrity stuff. Most of the complain is the latter not the former.
You don't need to be popular person to pin down a bunch of amateur criminals when you got "evidence" and "fact" at your side especially when the criminal themselves knew that they setup Sudo ever since from the beginning. Heck you could replace Sakura with Suzune or Ichinose and you will still get the same result. Ayanokoji's machination can't be stopped by mere fodders like those 3 class C stooges.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2017-09-28 at 12:41. Reason: removed off-topic
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 07:47   Link #1069
sasabit

crap I dunno why but I love bitch mode Kushida. In her cheery form she is 0 appeal for me at all, but when shes like her true self, she's so cute...
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 08:23   Link #1070
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
You don't need to be popular person to pin down a bunch of amateur criminals when you got "evidence" and "fact" at your side especially when the criminal themselves knew that they setup Sudo ever since from the beginning. Heck you could replace Sakura with Suzune or Ichinose and you will still get the same result. Ayanokoji's machination can't be stopped by mere fodders like those 3 class C stooges.
... Did you even...

You missed the most important point about Ichinose - that I repeated in that same post - being there: She's from a different class. Specificaly, class B.

Those same students just watched their teachers call bullshit on class D using Sakura as a witness, why couldn't they do the same when it's both Horikita and Kiyotaka - 2 D class that were in the same room when the Sudou conference happened?

One of the underlying points of the Sudou situation was this: If you got a bad rep, people are less likely to believe you than the one with a good rep. Now, with both D class - the bottom rung of the school - against C class - the next to bottom - who would you think the school would more than likely believe? That's right, C class. It was proven earlier too, what with the scramble for evidences and their hesitation in using Sakura.

But with Ichinose - a B class girl - in the equation, things change. Now they have to wonder; If a B Class girl - and practically the class leader at that - vouch for D class, is there really nothing wrong with C Class accusation?

Basically, putting Horikita in that scene made no sense, both from a logic points AND a continuity points.
Old 2017-09-28, 08:33   Link #1071
sasabit

Btw for anyone who has read the novel, does Ayanokouji have any kind of insurance against Kushida? Since Kushida seems like the most volatile person in D-class, I find it hard to imagine Ayanokouji wouldn't have anything prepared when Kushida decides to make false accusations against people and the class believes her over Ayanokouji because of her outer appearance. What can Ayanokouji do if Kushida decides to do something detrimental for D-class?
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 08:37   Link #1072
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
Btw for anyone who has read the novel, does Ayanokouji have any kind of insurance against Kushida? Since Kushida seems like the most volatile person in D-class, I find it hard to imagine Ayanokouji wouldn't have anything prepared when Kushida decides to make false accusations against people and the class believes her over Ayanokouji because of her outer appearance. What can Ayanokouji do if Kushida decides to do something detrimental for D-class?
Uhhh, based on the spoilers, I'm pretty sure that everyone in class D knows about bitch Kushida, so.....
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 08:55   Link #1073
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
He has insurance against her.
Spoiler for Future volumes:

Quote:
Uhhh, based on the spoilers, I'm pretty sure that everyone in class D knows about bitch Kushida, so.....
Nobody except Ayanokouji and Horikita knows and they are not telling anyone from their class to prevent morale from dropping.
Old 2017-09-28, 08:58   Link #1074
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
He has insurance against her.
Spoiler for Future volumes:

Nobody except Ayanokouji and Horikita knows and they are not telling anyone from their class to prevent morale from dropping.
Wait wouldn't

Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-28, 09:03   Link #1075
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
Wait wouldn't

Spoiler:
Spoiler for no, but:
Old 2017-09-28, 09:32   Link #1076
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Spoiler for no, but:
Ah okay then, thanks for the clarification.
Old 2017-09-28, 09:42   Link #1077
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Hmm, I wonder if there would be a second season?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2017-09-28 at 12:43. Reason: Remove off-topic
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 09:50   Link #1078
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Hmm, I wonder if there would be a second season?
Stumbled upon this baby, still don't know if it's true tho, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler for ss2 (just mayyyybe):

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2017-09-28 at 12:43. Reason: removed off-topic in quote
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 09:52   Link #1079
AB079
Banned

^Of course that's fake, there's no annoucement for second season and the event of Youjitsu didn't showed anything about that. Plus with the horrendous numbers of the anime I highly doubt this will happen, remember that this isn't Kyoani and they don't have money to throw into the trash.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-28, 09:53   Link #1080
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Quote:
Stumbled upon this baby, still don't know if it's true tho, so take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler for ss2 (just mayyyybe):
This was posted few pages back in this thread iirc

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller