Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-07, 20:17   Link #21
Vagrant0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Our tastes are pretty different, but you might like these:

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo
Hataraki Man (torrents exist but a bit hard to find)
Bartender
Hataraki Man was suggested earlier, and been meaning to get to Bartender, but the problem with those kinds of shows is that they're a bit slower paced, so aren't always something you're in the mood for (the reason why I havn't finished mokke yet).
Old 2010-05-07, 23:49   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant0 View Post
Hataraki Man was suggested earlier, and been meaning to get to Bartender, but the problem with those kinds of shows is that they're a bit slower paced, so aren't always something you're in the mood for (the reason why I haven't finished mokke yet).
Your criteria didn't rule out slower-paced shows. After I applied your criteria and looked at your scores, these were the ones I had left.

I tried to stick to comedies because you gave them your highest scores. I also avoided dramas with extended plots and suggested shows with more episodic structures like your favorites. All three recommendations have a plot that extends over their dozen or so episodes, but most of the episodes are self-contained.

In contrast, I didn't see the likes of Twelve Kingdoms on your list, or Moribito. It aired on [adult swim], so I didn't mention it. These are both extended dramas with occasional action sequences (more frequent in 12K; better animated in Moribito). Both are heavy on plot and continuity and light on comedy. Saiunkoku Monogatari, on the other hand, might be a better fit. It has a solid plot as well, but also more romance and comedy; at 78 episodes over two seasons it certainly has enough length.

You can browse my signature with your mouse and see what I'd normally recommend. I hadn't read the earlier suggestions in this thread for a while, but I notice that Kleo, Telmah, and I suggested some of the same items. I don't usually recommend Ryoko, but both Kleo and I think it's a good match for you. I'd also endorse Kure-nai.

If you're in the mood for something different, though shorter, watch "Bakeneko" or REC.
Old 2010-05-09, 23:18   Link #23
Vagrant0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Your criteria didn't rule out slower-paced shows.
It's not that I'm ruling them out, they're just not what I'm currently looking for. But yes, it would seem we have rather differing interests. Your suggestions are appreciated, and I may eventually get to watching some of them, but at the moment I'm looking for something a bit more fast paced.
Old 2010-05-13, 13:09   Link #24
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I'd say check out Casshern Sins. Well, there's technically no blood, since everyone are robots, but it has a very powerful story at its core. I feel it's one of the most underrated shows to come out in recent times. If you don't like it by episode 4(with 4 being one of my favs) you are not going to like it.
Old 2010-05-13, 14:53   Link #25
timothy01

Ok I could tell you a hole lot of shows to watch but I have a problem of my own.
I was told of a show called "Battle Royal" but I can't seem to find anything on the show.
no pics or reviews nothing! so I desided to join a forum in the hop that some one would
be able to help me out. So what Im trying to ask is, Is there such a show and if so were can I find
it.
Old 2010-05-14, 03:47   Link #26
Vagrant0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy01 View Post
Ok I could tell you a hole lot of shows to watch but I have a problem of my own.
I was told of a show called "Battle Royal" but I can't seem to find anything on the show.
no pics or reviews nothing! so I desided to join a forum in the hop that some one would
be able to help me out. So what Im trying to ask is, Is there such a show and if so were can I find
it.
Nice hijack there... But since you've already gone and asked, I guess I should try answering. "Battle Royal" is, as far as I know, a live action movie, is licensed, and has a rabid fanbase. You won't much about it around here due to it being both licensed and live action as well as not being anime related. I would point to google or even wikipedia, but I would hope that you've already considered those sources. As for being able to watch it, your best bet is probably in checking around between chain and private videostores in your area. No need to derail my thread further. Thanks.
Old 2010-05-14, 04:24   Link #27
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh come on. It can't be that hard. Look i typed in Battle Royal on google and got the wikipedia result:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale

"The novel has been adapted into a film and a manga series (both of which have received sequels), and translated into English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Hungarian."

You're looking for a manga. Not an anime.
Old 2010-05-15, 08:51   Link #28
timothy01

ok Thanks for clearing that up. Me and the Internet are like oil and water we just don't work well together anyways my suggestion to you is to try out "Ergo Proxy" for me it was and is still realy
good. But you've already seen it.

Last edited by timothy01; 2010-05-17 at 16:15.
Old 2010-05-17, 16:14   Link #29
timothy01

History's strongest disciple Kenichi 8 6 7
Old 2010-05-19, 00:26   Link #30
Vagrant0

Quote:
ok Thanks for clearing that up. Me and the Internet are like oil and water we just don't work well together anyways my suggestion to you is to try out "Ergo Proxy" for me it was and is still realy
good. But you've already seen it.
Quote:
History's strongest disciple Kenichi 8 6 7
Seen both, they're in that big listing a page or so back, underneath that there spoiler.
Closed Thread