AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-19, 23:56   Link #2761
OmniDragon

Yuji always seems quite happy to see Shana even when shes trying to stop him. Looks as if Shana also seems happy to see Yuji from the picutre I saw of vol 21.

Does SoF still talk through Yuji are does he talk with his real body now that he got it back?

I guess as of vol 21 Yuji got his revenge on Hecate for trying to kill Shana in vol 17.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 01:08   Link #2762
Flere821
Lurker

Found the part where Yuji said to Alastor he'll protect Shana - Vol9 Ch4. This is right after where he was almost killed by Wilhemina as she tried to eliminate what she saw as a distraction for Shana as a Flame Haze.

And yes, SoF still talks through Yuji even though his real body has came out of the void. Even then Yuji still talks half the time as himself (or more precisely as SoF's spokesperson), like when he 'mind-raped' the entire army of Flame Hazes when SoF first came out, sapped their will to fight and allowed Bel Masque's near-total victory.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 01:10   Link #2763
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Found the part where Yuji said to Alastor he'll protect Shana - Vol9 Ch4. This is right after where he was almost killed by Wilhemina as she tried to eliminate what she saw as a distraction for Shana as a Flame Haze.

And yes, SoF still talks through Yuji even though his real body has came out of the void. Even then Yuji still talks half the time as himself (or more precisely as SoF's spokesperson), like when he 'mind-raped' the entire army of Flame Hazes when SoF first came out, sapped their will to fight and allowed Bel Masque's near-total victory.
Wasnt that the volume where Yuji went crazy with Blautsager and completely unleashed it on Wilhelmia?
Old 2010-11-20, 01:26   Link #2764
Flere821
Lurker

Well replace 'went crazy' with 'trying to stay alive somehow before being utterly crushed' and yeah, it's where Yuji unleashed Blutsauger onto Wilhemina. Shana slapped Yuji for almost killing Wilhemina by unleashing too much 'power of existence'.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:31   Link #2765
OmniDragon

Quote:

I guess Yuji already had feelings for Shana back then.

In vol 19 when Shana confronted Yuji did she say anything else to him other than she loves him?

Quote:
Well replace 'went crazy' with 'trying to stay alive somehow before being utterly crushed' and yeah, it's where Yuji unleashed Blutsauger onto Wilhemina. Shana slapped Yuji for almost killing Wilhemina by unleashing too much 'power of existence'.
She slapped him lol well what else was Yuji to do Wilhelmina was trying to kill him.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:33   Link #2766
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well, thanks for clarifying

Quote:
Still confused on why SoF still resides in Yuji, and not return to his true body that was brought out the void. Probably doesn't need to do that anyway, and it would be bad since he lost his hostage and feel the full wrath of Shana Besides he has so many things with Yuji that he cannot just give it up so easily. But doesnt that make the true form of SoF somewhat disorganized? Or is it possible for SoF to control himself separately (true form, and Yuji)?
Old 2010-11-20, 01:53   Link #2767
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well, thanks for clarifying

Still confused on why SoF still resides in Yuji, and not return to his true body that was brought out the void. Probably doesn't need to do that anyway, and it would be bad since he lost his hostage and feel the full wrath of Shana Besides he has so many things with Yuji that he cannot just give it up so easily. But doesnt that make the true form of SoF somewhat disorganized? Or is it possible for SoF to control himself separately (true form, and Yuji)?
Apparently so.....although all it does so far is fly around looking all high and mighty....
Old 2010-11-20, 11:25   Link #2768
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Vol 21 in my hands.....

Flipped to the part where Hecate sacrifices herself....

She does so willingly, hell joyously in fact and bids farewell to Sydonnay before jumping into SnH's body.

I think she does have some feelings for Sydonnay deep down inside or she finally acknowledges Sydonnay's feelings for her....pretty sad that parting...
Old 2010-11-20, 17:25   Link #2769
Guntermench

Just out of curiosity, and I know I'm around 30+ pages late, but couldn't Pheles have just made a new Reiji Meigo or however it's spelt? I mean she did make the first one right? This way she could have had Johan back and Shana could keep Yuji.
Guntermench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 17:43   Link #2770
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntermench View Post
Just out of curiosity, and I know I'm around 30+ pages late, but couldn't Pheles have just made a new Reiji Meigo or however it's spelt? I mean she did make the first one right? This way she could have had Johan back and Shana could keep Yuji.
Johan created the Reiji Maigo.
Old 2010-11-20, 20:04   Link #2771
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Johan created the Reiji Maigo.
Yeah, Johan created the Reiji Maigo, but it was Pheles who sealed Johan inside the Reiji Maigo for purposes I forgot.. I think it had something to do with Sabrac.
Old 2010-11-20, 21:12   Link #2772
OmniDragon

Quote:
Yeah, Johan created the Reiji Maigo, but it was Pheles who sealed Johan inside the Reiji Maigo for purposes I forgot.. I think it had something to do with Sabrac.
She sealed him in there so he din't die after Sabrac fatally wounded him.
Old 2010-11-20, 22:29   Link #2773
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
In vol 19 when Shana confronted Yuji did she say anything else to him other than she loves him?
That's basically all she said... though there was that one bit where she swears to stop him, drag SoF out of Yuji, and make Yuji apologise to everyone that he has hurt back in Misaki City. Yuji replied 'Sorry, but that would not be possible'.

And in vol19 Ch4 Alastor brought up Shana's promise from when she first became a Flame Haze - she'll only do things if she thinks it's right and not just because Alastor or Wilhemina told her to. They'll wait and see if what Yuji (and SoF) does is truly right.
The Four Gods of the motherland had a rebuke theory saying SoF's plans are still wrong, but Shana hasn't yet shown she decided whether she truly believes the theory against SoF's plans.
Quote:
SoF can control himself separately, though from what I gather Yuji has probably full control over his body and is basically only a mouthpiece - in all of Yuji's battles as SoF's container not once has SoF helped Yuji except in providing the power and weapons (ie the snake-tail and silver flames).
Old 2010-11-20, 23:36   Link #2774
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
That's basically all she said... though there was that one bit where she swears to stop him, drag SoF out of Yuji, and make Yuji apologise to everyone that he has hurt back in Misaki City. Yuji replied 'Sorry, but that would not be possible'.

And in vol19 Ch4 Alastor brought up Shana's promise from when she first became a Flame Haze - she'll only do things if she thinks it's right and not just because Alastor or Wilhemina told her to. They'll wait and see if what Yuji (and SoF) does is truly right.
The Four Gods of the motherland had a rebuke theory saying SoF's plans are still wrong, but Shana hasn't yet shown she decided whether she truly believes the theory against SoF's plans.
So its mostly an inner fight of who can get Shana to truly be on their side, she is probably thinking at this moment if SoF's plans are truly what is needed in the world, or to follow the other Flame Hazes in their battles against them. So Yuji is basically trying to persuade Shana, and make her see that his path is the right path..

Quote:
SoF can control himself separately, though from what I gather Yuji has probably full control over his body and is basically only a mouthpiece - in all of Yuji's battles as SoF's container not once has SoF helped Yuji except in providing the power and weapons (ie the snake-tail and silver flames).
So, all SoF did was give him powers and weapons...
Old 2010-11-20, 23:58   Link #2775
OmniDragon

So Shana plans to make him apologize lol that could be good. Dragging out SoF... I guess Shana may need Pheles help for this but Johan may get dragged out too. As for Yuji being in complete control din't his combat abilities improve a bit too quickly for that?
Old 2010-11-21, 02:37   Link #2776
Elf song

Johann maybe a key character of the next volume since the epilogue of XXI is about Johann's thought on past events; then he "saw" the amber wind from inside the Reiji Maigo and murmured "Now is the time, I will...*something*".
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 05:42   Link #2777
OmniDragon

Looks like it going to get complicated between Yuji/Shana/Pheles/Johann and SoF.
Old 2010-11-21, 21:20   Link #2778
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
As for Yuji being in complete control din't his combat abilities improve a bit too quickly for that?
Not really, Yuji was training under three Flame Hazes back in Misaki City - and by the time he was captured by SoF he was probably at least the equivalent of a denizen in fighting skill, and has the power of existence reservoir equivalent to almost any King of Guze as the Reigo Maiji's limit was topped up by Sydonay's cut off arm.

Also, Yuji's skillset is probably the direct counter of Shana's. His Azure ring prevents flame attacks, and Blutsauger can hurt Shana just by crossing blades, which for a primarily sword user Shana has trouble. Not to mention Shana has been training Yuji so he knows Shana's way of fighting and how she uses her powers - while Shana has comparatively less experience of seeing him with powers.
Old 2010-11-22, 00:56   Link #2779
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I was wondering... is there any reference to Shana's past in the novels, before Shiro and Carmel-san found her?
As far as I know, Shana was just an infant when she was found by Wilhelmina in Tendōkyū, an unexplainable coincidence you may say. She has huge amount of power of existance, which is correlated by how popular and well-known she was when she was just a human. Well, Wilhelmina was a princess before she became a Flame Haze, but Shana's power of existance should be more greater than Wilhelmina's. This mean that before she was discovered by Wilhelmina, she should be more famous and popular than a princess.

Yes, I do share the same view as you. I really hope that the author would explain Shana's background and origin, maybe in a short story in potential Volume S3. Then again, as the current plot is almost reaching the climax of ultimate battle between The Snake of the Festival and the Flame Hazes, it is difficult to see that happens. However, we can always remain hopeful.
Old 2010-11-22, 15:12   Link #2780
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinkhorfire:
Yes, I do share the same view as you. I really hope that the author would explain Shana's background and origin, maybe in a short story in potential Volume S3. Then again, as the current plot is almost reaching the climax of ultimate battle between The Snake of the Festival and the Flame Hazes, it is difficult to see that happens. However, we can always remain hopeful.
In the anime, when Shana was training with Shiro in Tendōkyū, she seemed really cheerful and happy. She was different when she met Yuji. I would like to know her adventures before meeting Yuji.

Quote:
Originally posted by alvinkhorfire:
As far as I know, Shana was just an infant when she was found by Wilhelmina in Tendōkyū, an unexplainable coincidence you may say. She has huge amount of power of existance, which is correlated by how popular and well-known she was when she was just a human. Well, Wilhelmina was a princess before she became a Flame Haze, but Shana's power of existance should be more greater than Wilhelmina's. This mean that before she was discovered by Wilhelmina, she should be more famous and popular than a princess.
That's new to me... could you explain better? Does that come in the anime or only in the novels?
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen