AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-02, 22:53   Link #8521
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
So, any guesses on what Ken Akamatsu's next title will be?

Personally, I doubt it will be a continuation/restart of Negima, as it may be too soon (not to mention the the whole ordeal that resulted in Negima's abrupt ending possibly not being resolved yet).
No, if anything, waiting might be too late to continue it further along the line. After the mass disappointment on the ending, the public interest might die over time, and he isn't getting exactly any younger and faster. Starting from zero with yet another new franchise after losing so much face before fandom could be a disastrous decision.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:17   Link #8522
Hata
時の異邦人

http://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/statu...36953388654592
http://twitter.com/betsumaga/status/254483268035031041

1. yes, it is Kodansha.
2. out before "Spring" (next year) ?
3. a non denial denial of moving to Betsu Shonen Magazine, a monthly. apparently, everything is still possible. (including back to the weekly.)
Old 2012-10-06, 19:37   Link #8523
chaosprophet

A move to a monthly magazine may be a good idea in Akamatsu's case. That way he wouldn't have to do breaks like he had to often for catching up.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:57   Link #8524
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

"The author will be taking this month off for research."
Old 2012-10-06, 22:59   Link #8525
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
"The author will be taking this month off for research."
*lol* He'll do what Fujishima-sensei (and I'm sure others) do -- instead of 24-pages (as an example), he'll send in a much smaller chapter instead.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:19   Link #8526
chaosprophet

XD. Still, Akamatsu speed at Negima was apparently around 2 pages a day. A monthly manga chapter tend to have around 30 pages. In that case, hopefully breaks nor chapter page cuts would be needed.
Old 2012-10-09, 17:56   Link #8527
DrRadioNeon
Esta Cajita es mia
*Artist

Ken is creating a new series? Why haven't I heard about this before? I've been a fan of the Negima series since a kid so a new one shouldn't be a bad choice :P

There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today."
DrRadioNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:44   Link #8528
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRadioNeon View Post
Ken is creating a new series? Why haven't I heard about this before? I've been a fan of the Negima series since a kid so a new one shouldn't be a bad choice :P
Odds are it'd be a new series, but I won't fully trust him again unless he does a sequel or reboot of Negima like he hinted in Volume 38. With the Kodansha situation fixed, his excuse for the botched finale we got is gone now.
Old 2012-10-11, 03:41   Link #8529
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
XD. Still, Akamatsu speed at Negima was apparently around 2 pages a day. A monthly manga chapter tend to have around 30 pages. In that case, hopefully breaks nor chapter page cuts would be needed.
Fujishima-sensei does 24-pages for Ah! My Goddess, though he's had months where he's done less pages. So it might be a good fit for Akamatsu-sensei.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 05:06   Link #8530
Hata
時の異邦人

monthy

for Bessatsu Shonen Magazine, titles I had read:

Negiho 12 pages per chapter per month
Ichiro Heian! 24 pages
Shingeki no Kyojin, 44 pages

"IF" it is going to be on Bessatsu, I tend to think it would be something near the later. one problem is Bessatsu has a distribution of around 60,000+ per month, compare to Weekly Shonen Magazine of 900,000+ each week,

also for monthly manga, you are not supposedly to take break for Golden Week, Summer and X'mas, (April, August, and December) but you would be surprised how many big name mangaka still do so anyway, (some offset it by a month) some monthly mangaka also are known to take a break when there is a compilation out and he needs time to go over editing and color cover, (yeah, I might not be alive when Historie ended.)

a realistic expectation for monthly is around 8-11 chapters for 2 books each year.

==========
forgot to add, about that Love Hina 40...

虎金‏@torakane
@KenAkamatsu ラブひなの続き書くこと忘れてますよ!

赤松健@KenAkamatsu
何か色々忘れてるような気がする・・・何だっけ?と思い続けて10年くらい経つので、多少忘れても問題無い か、後から必ずフォローできると確信した。

Last edited by Hata; 2012-10-11 at 05:53. Reason: adding info
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:24   Link #8531
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
forgot to add, about that Love Hina 40...

虎金‏@torakane
@KenAkamatsu ラブひなの続き書くこと忘れてますよ!

赤松健@KenAkamatsu
何か色々忘れてるような気がする・・・何だっけ?と思い続けて10年くらい経つので、多少忘れても問題無い か、後から必ずフォローできると確信した。
Come on, Hata, you know Japanese. Why to leave that untranslated for the rest of us who don't? Especially considering how unreliable online translators are.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:31   Link #8532
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Asuna will make her comeback in whatever Akamatsu decides to do with the negima series in the foreseeable future, and negi will be really in love with her by then. Like father like son.

A guy can dream, so any news on what he plans to do next?
Old 2012-10-31, 19:27   Link #8533
Spamamdorf

I sure hope not I'm not going to get into this but suffice it to say a great many people would be annoyed at a retcon like that.

Anyway, no info on what he's doing next here from me, but I do hope that we get a Negima 2/extended cut/ whatever eventually, I don't even care if his next series isn't that, I just think that he left it hanging and it's really unfortunate he didn't get to finish it the way he wanted to
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 23:34   Link #8534
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I don't think waiting 9 years to do a Negima redux while a new series ends is a good idea. Strike while the iron is still hot.
Old 2012-11-01, 00:25   Link #8535
Spamamdorf

Perhaps this is true, but at the same time maybe KA'd like to sort through what exactly did go on during that time, plus who says all series run for 9 years? It could be a short one
Old 2012-11-01, 00:35   Link #8536
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
I sure hope not I'm not going to get into this but suffice it to say a great many people would be annoyed at a retcon like that.

Anyway, no info on what he's doing next here from me, but I do hope that we get a Negima 2/extended cut/ whatever eventually, I don't even care if his next series isn't that, I just think that he left it hanging and it's really unfortunate he didn't get to finish it the way he wanted to
It wouldn't exactly be a retcon in 353, Asuna replied to it being fine when someone asked whether it was alright in response to the confession, and her reply was its okay because the future is a blank page, so while it ruled out Asuna when he was 10 years later it may have been different, in other words he left it as open as possible.

Was looking at older posts and would one saying that some people thought he said it was Asuna herself and her reaction was to keep it open or something like that i loled at that post.
Old 2012-11-01, 01:15   Link #8537
Spamamdorf

It might not seem like one to you but the fact that Negi said he had a girl he liked, and told Asuna and she answered in a way that showed at the very least it wasn't her, would make turning it right back around and going "lol it actually was Asuna the whole time" would be kind of a what the hell KA moment. Just ignore the fact that Negi actually likes a different girl and throw him right back at Asuna why don't you
Old 2012-11-01, 01:46   Link #8538
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
It might not seem like one to you but the fact that Negi said he had a girl he liked, and told Asuna and she answered in a way that showed at the very least it wasn't her, would make turning it right back around and going "lol it actually was Asuna the whole time" would be kind of a what the hell KA moment. Just ignore the fact that Negi actually likes a different girl and throw him right back at Asuna why don't you
But the fact that KA keeps trying to mention that the future is a blank page leads me to believe that he was trying to keep it as open as possible, I mean he is 10 and feelings definitely can change in tine was what I got from how things ended and does give him a chance to do more with the series.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:43   Link #8539
Spamamdorf

I... somehow doubt the future is a blank slate thing was aimed at Asuna, since that happened within the same chapter I believe, I think it was just for those who assumed it was Ku Fei due to Chao or that he'd never marry like in the other dimension, and that this time he might.

But if that's what you want to make of it go ahead I guess
Old 2012-11-01, 11:39   Link #8540
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I am not saying it was aimed at Asuna just that KA mentioned this a total of 3 times within the last few chapters I believe he did not want to sink any ship so he was trying to ensure that it was left as open as possible, the fact that he doesn't reveal who he ends up with years later shows he doesn't want to Negi to commit to whoever he thought he liked when he was ten. Which leaves it open to Asuna as well as everyone else.

KA definitely did not want to sink the Asuna and Negi ship as from what I have seen its his favourite relationship dynamic. Asuna and Negi are similar in some ways to Naru and Keitaro, when Asuna was captured, and Chisame had the role of being Negi's guardian, the dynamics of that relationship was fundamentally similar to Asuna and Negi IMO. At the graduation when Asuna finds out who he likes, she once again denies having romantic feelings for him, "it's not like that, and even if it was the future is a blank page" from that I figured she was saying if she does fall for him, she still has a chance at it.

Tags
action, fantasy