AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-08-16, 06:01   Link #1
sx3
0 Gundam

Hi-Nu Gundam

Why is it that they never showed us the armarments of Hi-Nu and where the beam saber is, the only information we have are by models and watching SRW videos of Hi-Nu i can probably say that they were based off what models showed us to, like in the 1/48 G-System Hi-Nu the beam sabers are in the arm which is what we see in SRW, i was just wondering if you guys knew a little more information on where the Hi-Nu docks its beam sabers or have pictures of its armarments or something, if you guys have some nice pictures it would be nice to see, i was planning on buying a Hi-Nu maybe since there is a Anime Con comming soon and i was hoping i could find myself a Hi-Nu. The Hi-Nu seems to be a extremely popular suit and yet they wont show us more on it =(

notice these pictures have no details on where the beam sabers might be? i was always on the assumptions that they were inside the left arm inside that pod like structure.

So heres one model picture, this is intresting that they take off the pod like structure on the left arm and add a stand which the shield connects onto, yet this picture doesnt give us any picture of the beam saber either =S

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LYXR7VfvfIg

That youtube video is the Video of SRW Hi-Nu that i was talking about, the Hi-Nu kicks so much ass in this but yet we see the beam saber get pulled otu of either the arm or the shield.

I would like to see people post some pictures of Hi-Nu they like or maybe some possible armament of the Hi-Nu, also can someone fill me in on Beltorchika's Children, like what happens in it and stuff. Hi-Nu is supposed to be like the most powerful suit in UC, Lets discuss more about it and share some information you have on it, im intrested in this gundam alot lol

Update-
http://f7.aaa.livedoor.jp/~mesarion/...hi/hinyusd.htm

i just found an amazing SD Version of Hi-Nu and this looks correct to the SRW and G Generation game with the rifle colour and design and yet we still dont know where the beam saber docks =( sorry im a know-it-all kind of person

MORE SRW VIDEOS!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WzIah4eKiUc
- Enjoy SRW lovers! and UC lovers!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_0_Bxwf064A
- Nu using fin funnels

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_lEiuGAr2...elated&search=
Hi-Nu using fin funnels

Last edited by sx3; 2006-08-16 at 16:19.
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 06:35   Link #2
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

What the hell is that game? I want it!!!!! And man, that gundam is amazing. It looks so cool. It's one of the best looking units I have ever seen.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 06:38   Link #3
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
What the hell is that game? I want it!!!!! And man, that gundam is amazing. It looks so cool. It's one of the best looking units I have ever seen.
The game is called Super Robot Wars, The one shown is Alpha 3, its all in japanese i beleive sadly or else i would haev so got these games >< it looks so fun doesn't it?
Old 2006-08-16, 06:49   Link #4
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Well, the gameplay mechanics and commands can be memorized quite easily, it's not very difficult to play, and the most important stuff is in English. But if you want to understand the story and dialogue, you'll need to know Japanese.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 06:55   Link #5
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

And its exactly because of SRW I learnt Japanese lol

Its the best game series ever for a mecha anime fan, you are incomplete without playing the series.

I'm thinking Hi-nu's sabers may come from under the palms, from the wrist. Sazabi keeps the sabres this way as well, if I remember correctly.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 06:58   Link #6
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Sazabi's is actually stored inside the arm, and they exit via the wrist, not like the Victory 2's kickass arm-bending storage device.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 07:42   Link #7
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
And its exactly because of SRW I learnt Japanese lol

Its the best game series ever for a mecha anime fan, you are incomplete without playing the series.

I'm thinking Hi-nu's sabers may come from under the palms, from the wrist. Sazabi keeps the sabres this way as well, if I remember correctly.
Sadly my hunch is still on that they are stored inside that left arm in the pod thingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Sazabi's is actually stored inside the arm, and they exit via the wrist, not like the Victory 2's kickass arm-bending storage device.
V2's arm thing was cool, i actually spent 3 days downloading all 51 episodes, i still havnt finished watching them XD they jsut finished like 2 days ago
Old 2006-08-16, 08:02   Link #8
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

The Hi-Nu is an improve mod of the Nu afterall. So I believe there's not much fundamental difference in the basic structure

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 08:03   Link #9
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, the only place one can see Hi-Nu is all it's glory is the SRW series. Truly, a mecha fan is incomplete without touching at least one.

Though personally, I wished they could've done something with either Nu or Hi-Nu's final attacks to make it more...amazing. Kamille's Zeta has his NT warping Waverider Crash, and Judau has his combination Hi-Mega Cannon.

Though frankly, SRW isn't that neccesary to understand Japanese at it's whole if you've watched like every mecha anime ever animated to be put in SRW (( I've watched like 90% of all the series premiered in the whole SRW universe, but some of those obscure ones are hard to find )) as 80% of the game are essentially plots taken from existing mecha stories, be it Tobikage aka Ninja Robots to Dancougar. It's fun and quirky interactions among characters from different universe and the only true ongoing storyline of the OGs will be lost though.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 08:15   Link #10
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well people have been saying Hi-Nu is overpowered in SRW@3, but actually in special mode, its way under powered compared to other newtype units.

Fin Funnel - [ALL] 7100, 10 EN is the only good thing about it.
Hyper Mega Bazooka - 7300

Compared to:

Zeta Gundam:

Hyper mega Launcher - [ALL] 7700
Waverider Crash - 8100, but most people increases the pilot's range attack instead of melee, so this attack is not very useful.

FAZZ:

Hi Mega Cannon (p) - [ALL] 7400
Hi Mega Cannon Full Power - 8100
-----------

Even Dendrobium Orchis is more powerful than Hi-Nu in special mode. Of course the SEED units, they're all overpowered lol.

SEED + spirit + Combination Assault does more damage than every single attack in the game except for Ideon Gun, EDIT: Oh also Goldion Crusher.

Old 2006-08-16, 08:31   Link #11
sandrum
MS Engineer

This is the Hi-NU made by G-system. One picture shows the beam saber popping up and out from the inner area of the elbow, and the next seems to show that the same beam saber is rotated back into the inner forarm.

http://www.g-system-shop.com/cp-zlk/...8_HI-NU/23.jpg

http://www.g-system-shop.com/cp-zlk/...8_HI-NU/30.jpg

(the base page)
http://www.g-system-shop.com/cp-zlk/mob/Mob-48.htm

I would guess that though this is a custom job, that the Hi-nu that was designed would function basically the same in that (like the base NU) it would still pop out of the forarm??
sandrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 08:37   Link #12
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hi-Nu is dissapointing to me. I like it's long ranged Fin Funnels, (( those hard to counter range saved me more than once )), but as a power unit, it's nothing great. I wish Nightingale was available though. Sazabi was dissapointing as well.

SEED units have no drawback lol. Goldion Crusher's only usable once, and being a SR, Genesic and Guy's evade rate isn't all that great. Ideon needs to be in Ultraman Critical before his most l33t attacks are available. With Kira's stats that's comparable to UC Newtypes at base (( I think, since I spent a lot of points making Kira and Cobray the best of the best in my Alpha 3 team )) and Freedom's low cost attacks among so many advantages, they're some of the best units in the whole game.

Though I think it's more than just Goldion and Ideon Gun though. I think there's about 2 or 3 more units that technically have lower attack points, but generally deal higher damage.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 09:09   Link #13
grandmaster192

The game looks so cool. It kinda remindes me of MS: A new Dawn. Is Zechs and Shinn in those games?
Old 2006-08-16, 09:30   Link #14
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, if we're talking about the most powerful attacks, 'S class' attacks:

Genesic Gaogaigar - Goldion Crusher
Ideon - Ideon Gun/Sword
Gunbuster - Super Inazuma Kick
Freedom/Justice - Combination Assault
Dairaioh - Jinrai
Dis Astranagant - Ain Sophr Aor
AS Alegrias - Luz Bailarina Baile
Daizengar/Ausseinseiter - Tatsumaki Zankantou

These attacks have potential to hit above 55k - 60k, with Ideon Gun capable of doing almost 65k.
-----------
These 3 are examples of 'A class' attacks, capable of doing 50k - 55k damage.

Shin Getter 1 - Shin Shine Spark
Mazinkaiser - Kaisernova
Dancougar - Final Dankuhou
-----------

B class attacks would do around 45k - 50k.

Hi-Nu Gundam's Hyper Mega Bazooka is probably a C class attack, around 45k max damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
The game looks so cool. It kinda remindes me of MS: A new Dawn. Is Zechs and Shinn in those games?
Zechs and the Wing cast has been around for too long lol

Shin isn't in yet, GSD hasn't been included yet, maybe the next installment.

The SRW series has more than 20 games, maybe even 30, and has been around for like 15 years.

Old 2006-08-16, 11:22   Link #15
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Uh C.A..........

Dunno where your getting this crap about Freedom being tops in damage, its highup (12th i think) but it does not make the top 10.

The strongest attacks in the game are.

1)Ideon/Ideon Gun 87994
2)Dis Astrangant/Ain Soph Aur 63750/70061(Counterattack+10%)
3)Zeta Gundam/Waverider Crash 55912/67026 (Camile as pilot, counterattack+20%)
4)Mazinkaiser/Kaiser Nova 62697
5)Eva-02/Unison Kick 51255/61436 (counterattack+20%)
6)Daizengar/Unyou no Tachi 60448
7)Dairaioh/Jinrai 59072
8)Dancougar/Final Dancouhou 59047
9)Genesic Gaogaigar/Goldion Crusher 58524
10)Macross VF-19S/ Full Release 58265 (Any pilot with Soul seishin)

They've been proven before under optimized conditions with completely maxed stats and morale and ignore size skills on the final boss.

Last edited by Sety; 2006-08-16 at 12:02.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 13:04   Link #17
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Uh C.A..........

Dunno where your getting this crap about Freedom being tops in damage, its highup (12th i think) but it does not make the top 10.

The strongest attacks in the game are.

1)Ideon/Ideon Gun 87994
2)Dis Astrangant/Ain Soph Aur 63750/70061(Counterattack+10%)
3)Zeta Gundam/Waverider Crash 55912/67026 (Camile as pilot, counterattack+20%)
4)Mazinkaiser/Kaiser Nova 62697
5)Eva-02/Unison Kick 51255/61436 (counterattack+20%)
6)Daizengar/Unyou no Tachi 60448
7)Dairaioh/Jinrai 59072
8)Dancougar/Final Dancouhou 59047
9)Genesic Gaogaigar/Goldion Crusher 58524
10)Macross VF-19S/ Full Release 58265 (Any pilot with Soul seishin)

They've been proven before under optimized conditions with completely maxed stats and morale and ignore size skills on the final boss.
Well, I got my crap from my own practical knowledge, during practical conditions. And I didn't list them by 'top 10' or anything, I'm ranking them by the damage they normally do.

I assume to perform such damage, like 87k for Ideon Gun, requries max range attack stat for Cosmo, 150 morale, 50 morale for Keisar Ephes, -20% armour off Keisar Ephes using Disc X/Daitarn Crush/either of the chodenji robos, or maybe even cheats to inflict -30% armour and - 40 defence stat. Ignore size and chokugeki isn't really needed for Ideon though.

Those are experimental and theoretical damages, you don't achieve such damage all the time in practical conditions. Though after 3 playthroughs, there's enough pp for all top tier and ace characters to max out a stat or two.

You could probably even do 99999+ damage with Ideon against Sivil, if they ever meet.

In my list, my rank S attacks are attacks that do over 55k damage, I've been able to get Freedom/Justice to do over 57k in practical conditions.

Old 2006-08-16, 13:12   Link #18
grandmaster192

If I bought this game would it work in my american PS2?
Old 2006-08-16, 13:32   Link #19
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

No it won't, unless you had it modded (or you can purchase a very cheap JPN PS2 now from just about... anywhere).

I really love it when Cagali pulls out her dual machetes and go "I am gonna protect those who are important to me!!!"

I imagine a random ZAFT grunt would have went "You go girl! More power to ya, I am gettin on da hell outta 'ere!"

- Tak (Though personally, I prefer Generation of CE a lot more)

Last edited by Tak; 2006-08-16 at 13:58.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 15:52   Link #20
flamingtroll

My guess is the big left pod store the bigger saber that was stored on the backpack of the old Nu. The lefthand pod store the smaller saber that was stored at the right arm of the old Nu. Different kits seems to have their takes on what Hi-Nu looks like anyway and G system kits are probably not the best reference as they're pretty liberal in changing the design of the suits for looks.
flamingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote