AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-18, 16:12   Link #1001
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
All I'm saying is, would the show be bad if there was no romance?
Nah but i think the show would be better with it.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 16:32   Link #1002
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ehhhh I don't really know about that. I mean would you sacrifice good storytelling just to have two people get together for flimsy reasons?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 16:32   Link #1003
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Nah but i think the show would be better with it.
Romance is Yugi-oh generally doesn't go anywhere. The closest pairing to become a couple are Yusei and Akiza. But Akiza had to cockblock herself.

I don't think VRAINS will be a difference, but I will be glad to be proven wrong.

Quote:
Ehhhh I don't really know about that. I mean would you sacrifice good storytelling just to have two people get together for flimsy reasons?
It could be good for Yusaku actually. A boy who knew nothing but revenge opens himself to friendship and love. It's a pretty neat character development.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 17:31   Link #1004
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Romance is Yugi-oh generally doesn't go anywhere. The closest pairing to become a couple are Yusei and Akiza. But Akiza had to cockblock herself.
well actually if i'm not wrong zexxal near the end the main girl confessed to mc and he don't looked like "refusing her", ofcourse romance in yu-gi-oh really never goes more than that because yu-gi-oh try to be the "most shounen" standart possible most of the times where romance is minimum and all the focus are battle.
Old 2018-04-18, 17:47   Link #1005
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
It could be good for Yusaku actually. A boy who knew nothing but revenge opens himself to friendship and love. It's a pretty neat character development.
That would actually require him to meet somebody that actually has that effect. None of the females in the show are really suited for that role.
Old 2018-04-18, 19:36   Link #1006
IceHism

It's part of the reason i was hoping a few of the new characters would be girls. They just haven't introduced someone who could suit that role yet.

Pokemon introduced a heroine who openly states that she loves the MC so you never know but Vrains feels more adultish like 5ds so it seems like a solid theme to tackle especially with an MC like Yusaku and it would probably execute it better than how pokemon did it too.
but ehh, I'm pretty sure nothing will change with Vrains. Would love to be proven wrong
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 22:46   Link #1007
justavisitor

Yu gi oh always has romance.

The complicated triangle between Yami, Kaiba, and Yugi. The love hate relationship between Yusei and Jack. The spiritual encounter between Yuma and Astral. The fantasy between Yuya and other 3 dimensions of himself. And here, we have the devoted love from Playmaker to Revolver. It's only a matter of time before winning Revolver over
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 01:52   Link #1008
alex_drian

Pretty sure that someone says that girls in Yugioh are mainly eyecandy and if fby him it is, the series would be a sausage festival.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 03:48   Link #1009
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Idk, I actually like Ghost Girl. I mean none of the characters are very deep but Ghost Girl is amusing.
Old 2018-04-25, 00:46   Link #1010
elior

Quote:
Idk, I actually like Ghost Girl. I mean none of the characters are very deep but Ghost Girl is amusing.
aoi is actully a bit like yusako. her real life personality is close shut from others almost not talk and not make friends
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 15:31   Link #1011
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Takeru / Soulburner is an interesting guy.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 18:31   Link #1012
Blueknight78

ok we can please trade yusaku/playmaker for takeru/solburn as the MC, i really feel which he is a much better mc material tham the one dimensional playmaker, even his "ignis" is more fun than AI, which keep trying so hard to be the horrible comic relief, while flame ignis is just natural funny trying to be serious and idiot it's looks much more natural and fun than AI aways trying to be the forced joke.

Really liked much more him than playmaker so far and about the villians scape that was pretty obivous 'owww" which they could escape from the proibited zone since hello they where part of the sol tech, sometimes anime characters being dumb is a little forced.
Old 2018-04-25, 23:55   Link #1013
rladls2121

Now the Kusanagi brothers are stuck with more hospital bills thanks to these other pair of brothers.
I mean, what a way to ruin people's lives, again.
Is this a new trend?
What will happen to Jin in season 3 after getting the data back?
An evil AI kidnaps him to be dragged into Link Vrains just to be saved again?

Naoki, what does he thinks about Soulburner?
If he isn't going to be Soulburner's fan, he'll just become jealous of how Soulburner is more close to Playmaker.

Soulburner most likely will have his bounty on him because of you know AI?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 23:58   Link #1014
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Now the Kusanagi brothers are stuck with more hospital bills thanks to these other pair of brothers.
I mean, what a way to ruin people's lives, again.
Is this a new trend?
What will happen to Jin in season 3 after getting the data back?
An evil AI kidnaps him to be dragged into Link Vrains just to be saved again?

Naoki, what does he thinks about Soulburner?
If he isn't going to be Soulburner's fan, he'll just become jealous of how Soulburner is more close to Playmaker.

Soulburner most likely will have his bounty on him because of you know AI?
Jin is the "dude in distress" , he aways gonna be the one to be "rescued" .

They must have a really good health care plan, otherwise kusanagi gonna need to sell "a lot of hot dogs" to pay soo much hospital care .
Old 2018-04-26, 03:31   Link #1015
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

"Homura Takeru"? Seriously lol. Can you lay the fire theme on any more thick? XD Not a complaint, I just find it funny.
Old 2018-04-26, 06:59   Link #1016
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

That's a good duel. Flame & Soulburner are good additions to the cast. Still, Ai's brand of comedy is somehow still funnier than Flame's. It's probably due to his more serious nature which is a difficult match when trying to pair it with humor. Maybe they should treat Flame as the straightman to Ai but then again, Playmaker already plays that part.
Old 2018-05-02, 12:30   Link #1017
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... The big guy with the lost memories. He's Jin's Ignis, isn't he?
Old 2018-05-03, 13:56   Link #1018
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i don't know if you are being "sarcastic" but when she confessed???? i really don't remember it, at best she say being interested on him but not really any "i love you" or something close to it, calm down the ship glasses still too early for it.
'The moon is beautiful tonight' in japanese also means 'I love you', that's what Emma said after their duel.
Real love or not, Emma's feeling is the closest form to romance in Vrains as of now since Aoi only starting to get a bit friendlier towards Yusaku who still remains cold and stoic to others.

But really, this show probably won't have romance considered Yusaku is too focused on Ryoken helping others and curing his PTSD.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 14:07   Link #1019
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
'The moon is beautiful tonight' in japanese also means 'I love you', that's what Emma said after their duel.
Real love or not, Emma's feeling is the closest form to romance in Vrains as of now since Aoi only starting to get a bit friendlier towards Yusaku who still remains cold and stoic to others.

But really, this show probably won't have romance considered Yusaku is too focused on Ryoken helping others and curing his PTSD.
if she "really love him" she could be more "at his side rater tham AOI brother side, if anything i feel which she is more interested in aoi brother tham yusaku, since she keep siding/team with him.

about the last episode, well it's only confirmed how sunburn is a much better mc than yusaki another thing which i feel interesting was the fact which looks like AOi brother is using yusaku and soulburn as "bait" to keep sol tech busy while he is sending emma and his sister to go look for clues himself.
Old 2018-05-03, 15:04   Link #1020
rladls2121

Quote:
So... The big guy with the lost memories. He's Jin's Ignis, isn't he?
Ai and Flame mentioned the wind attribute Ignis when talking about Link Vrains's restricted area.
Bowman had used Yusaku's wind attribute monster to his advantage during the duel.
And if Jin is connected with the wind Ignis, then...

Poor Kusanagi, as long as Jin is connected to Ignis, someday he'll be targeted while being unconcious in the hospital.
First Hanoi Knights, now this new enemy and somehow more enemies in future arcs.
Also, Kusanagi probably will have grudges against SOL Technology in the future as much as all these enemies.
All these dangerous group of people all over the place in Den City and Link Vrains.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series