AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 15:24   Link #141
csuree
The Most Hated™

i don't have problems reading text from PC, the more annoying is that the texts don't last until my "hunger" has been satisfied....
this is why i am constantly on the prowl for new romantic light novels and manga.

Manga: Kouko in lawyer attire.....i was like WoW!! but the tragic development was a bit too much...
I must have written it a few pages back....i would not have rejected her if i was in Yana's place... (I am craving for someone to love me....and he just dumps her like that) no justice...

LN: The party's on.....even with Kouko's bad state right now I hope she will relax a bit and get closer to Banri. a party is for people bonding....and given that the second volume has a span of few days... this party must have a significant role in the plot for later.

But I have a guess that Linda will capture Banri's attention, Yana is going to try to hook up with Chinami, 2D will be in his world, and at the end of the party Kouko will be walked home by Banri only to cry in front of him..... Well this is just a guess.(I was in Kouko's shoes many times having a bad time while being at a party, but because i went always home alone I just self-pitied on my way home)
Old 2013-01-03, 16:21   Link #142
rpapo

UPDATE: We've seen chapter 16 of the manga now. It covers the first part of the second chapter of the second novel, where Banri & Kouko go to their second Omaken meeting. This is the meeting where Linda sneaks Banri the gift of a pair of sneakers, leaving Kouko wondering just what there might between the two of them.

A bit of humor: they preserved the scene where the former president of the club gave everybody hand-fans (uchiwa) for Awa Odori, with YES painted on one side, and NO painted on the other. The scene where everybody gets smart-alecky with them.

Last edited by rpapo; 2013-01-03 at 16:23. Reason: Not sure if posting this picture is allowed here...
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 03:24   Link #143
Shadow5YA

Very impressive pacing. Even if the manga is an adaptation, the fact that there is a
Spoiler:
so early in the series is a huge leap ahead of the normal shounen/seinen romance.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:04   Link #144
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Very impressive pacing. Even if the manga is an adaptation, the fact that there is a
Spoiler:
so early in the series is a huge leap ahead of the normal shounen/seinen romance.
If you have read the light novel translation, though, you will know that this is emphatically not the end of the story. Not even close.
Old 2013-01-17, 06:31   Link #145
blade82

thanks rpapo for your hard work and just one question who is the girl beside mr 2 dimension?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 06:38   Link #146
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
thanks rpapo for your hard work and just one question who is the girl beside mr 2 dimension?
VJ. See the omake at the beginning of chapter 7.
Old 2013-01-17, 13:55   Link #147
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
If you have read the light novel translation, though, you will know that this is emphatically not the end of the story. Not even close.
I know it's not. That's what I like about it. I've read too many stories where the confession is near the end of the story when I don't believe it's anywhere near the end of a romance.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 14:04   Link #148
rpapo

And we are in for more volumes, it appears. The very last sentence of the Postscript in Golden Time Extra (just released last week), reads like this
Quote:
引き続き次巻もがんばって参りましょう!
, which means "Let's continue working hard on the next volume!"

Not that I had heard even a whisper of rumor regarding when exactly this series will end, let alone that volume 5 might have been the end of the story. So it appears we can expect more, presumably now in the fall semester of classes.
Old 2013-01-17, 19:11   Link #149
blade82

do we learn something about his memory loss in the last book?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:21   Link #150
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
do we learn something about his memory loss in the last book?
Nice question. I understand he will get his memory back temporarily in book 4, but as we see in the last part of book 1, he is becoming a new person, and rather fears what may happen when and if his memories return, because he will supposedly revert to being what he was, and the new person would then supposedly be lost.

I speculate that in the end he will get his memories back, but they will be integrated with what the Ghost has been observing all along, and the new person will be a blend of the new and the old.

But that's just speculation. I really don't know anything for sure, beyond what I have translated and put out there for anybody to read.
Old 2013-01-17, 21:15   Link #151
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
I speculate that in the end he will get his memories back, but they will be integrated with what the Ghost has been observing all along, and the new person will be a blend of the new and the old.
This is what I would assume is closest to what happens in real-life cases of retrograde amnesia anyway.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 05:25   Link #152
l.kostas

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tf12417t2b1142e

That translation is from google translate and not a translation from a human. It is also from a Chinese translation and not directly from Takemiya's Japanese text. The Chinese have translated 4 volumes.

EDIT:
Volume 6 of the light novel will get released on April 10.

Last edited by l.kostas; 2013-02-26 at 04:06.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 03:49   Link #153
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Urgh, the translated chinese version at xs178.com got taken down do you guys know any other places to get it?
Old 2013-02-28, 11:38   Link #154
Sumeragi
Banned

*Takes note to read in future*
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 23:41   Link #155
l.kostas

Another site with a Chinese translation:
http://book.sfacg.com/Novel/13036/MainIndex/

Translation of that site using google translate:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tf12417t2b1142e

Last edited by l.kostas; 2013-04-02 at 07:11.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 06:16   Link #156
rpapo

If I felt I were in a race to provide a translation, I suppose I would be bothered. The point of this exercise from the start has been to learn how to read and understand Japanese, with a side of translation as well. So, if you're really anxious to get hints as to the future story, go on ahead and read using Google Translate.

Not that my work is even close to perfect, but mechanical translation of oriental languages still leaves very much to be desired . . . especially free mechanical translation.

I suppose I was that impatient as a teenager or twenty-something too, but I don't remember it. That was a long time ago.
Old 2013-03-01, 12:11   Link #157
Miraluka
Banned

Few... I thought this thread would die and I would be the only one reading the novels.... glad to see I was wrong.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:38   Link #158
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm just waiting for this to get an anime announcement.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 07:09   Link #159
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Hmm, rpapo if I offended you or something I am sry, but it is just that I dont know any other site for chinese other than xs178.com so I ask (the one there got taken down).
Old 2013-03-02, 07:22   Link #160
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Hmm, rpapo if I offended you or something I am sry, but it is just that I dont know any other site for chinese other than xs178.com so I ask (the one there got taken down).
No offense taken. I sometimes find it amazing that there as many people as there are following my flawed translation, and even more amazing that people would go to the time and trouble of trying to use Google Translate against a Chinese translation of the books, when in my experience, Google Translate does a really bad job with oriental languages. The only thing it tends to do well are canned expressions it can find in a dictionary.

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen