AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 23 43.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 22.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-18, 13:41   Link #21
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
I think it was more of trying to protect your master from an assault of flying swords rather than her getting away.

Damn at that last move I just wanted Berserker to punch him in the face
Did anyone else think Gilgamesh seemed a little less of an ass here? This is all anime original and I found his dickishness a bit soft.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 13:45   Link #22
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

It feels like he's more of a "Zero Fucks Given" character, which I prefer over "Douche Bag" Gil honestly.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 13:47   Link #23
Side-streetdog

Less brutal than movie but more emotional huh...
It good to have Iliya and berserker backstory but I want more fight scene!!
Old 2015-04-18, 14:06   Link #24
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
It feels like he's more of a "Zero Fucks Given" character, which I prefer over "Douche Bag" Gil honestly.
Agreed. I do prefer that Gil.

I like to that Gil was scared at Berserker's last attack. Not something he thought could have happened.

Ilya's death was more tame here but it was also a lot more emotional.
Old 2015-04-18, 14:19   Link #25
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Since Illya is my 2nd favorite female character in Fate series after Rin, this episode struck me a lot

rather than feeling any rage toward Goldie-san, I would feel more rage to Elder Acht
Until the end, he didn't allow any Kiritsugu's love to reach Illya
and even Shirou didn't manage to give Illya any slight happiness like in Fate Route

well.. forget about the feels

We didn't get any Heracles epic battle... He only served as sandbag in this episode
but his tenacity and perseverance... That's so epic! It's been a while since I see Gil's surprised face
Shirou's anger make him looks stupid again but... well.. who wouldn't feel rage if your favorite loli got stabbed?
*at least, her heart didn't taken out by hand like what happened in the movie*

I feel thankful that Illya get a happy spinoff series... She needs more love
I won't expect any sadder scene than this episode in the future though

oh.. the ending is fantastic... I don't know that Kalafina also prepared a "silence" version of the ending song
Ufotable really wanted to make Fate Series become the best anime ever made
what a magnificent effort and work
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 14:34   Link #26
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

That was brutal...
Seriously why does that Matou kid get a servant like this and what was the point of starting with Beserker... shit! Anyhow, Fate/zero Berserker put up a much better fight. I suppose its the setting and circumstances that really got us here. Still though, I didn't expect him to transform into a living meatshield like that.. The music could of been better and some initial reactions from Rin and Shiro upon seeing Beserker on his knees would have been nice (they only make worried expressions, no verbal exasperation). I expected some remorse/emotion from Gilgamesh towards the end.. nothing. I don't know if I like him anymore or not.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 14:38   Link #27
chaos_alfa

Seems they did show in the end that Kiritusgu isn't as good of a person as the Fate and UBW route of the visual novel make him out to be.

In the Fate and UBW routes Shirou worships Kiritsugu as a hero and the reader also gets the impression that Kiritusgu is a good person worthy of this praise. I liked that in the subsequent route, Heaven's Feel this images gets torn down and shows that Kiritsugu isn't the good guy you previously though he was.

I had hoped the anime would keep this aspect of the visual novel intact for the people who would see the Fate series in publication order, but it seems this episode has finally given up on this.

This episodes communicates pretty clearly that Kiritsugu is Ilya's father and that he was close enough to her that he is a "bad" guy for leaving her. (No that he had much choice or didn't try to get her back, but this episode show pretty clearly that Kiritsugu isn't the type of guy the previous episodes made him out to be.)

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2015-04-18 at 14:52.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 14:40   Link #28
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I didn't see this yet, but I pretty much remembered this from the movie..

Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-18, 14:51   Link #29
steam fish

why doesnt gilgamesh use ea against berserker? or would it only work for 1 life?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 14:57   Link #30
Side-streetdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
why doesnt gilgamesh use ea against berserker? or would it only work for 1 life?
Only worthy opponent or necessary situation.
Berserker not got Gil that far yet.
Old 2015-04-18, 14:57   Link #31
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
There was not much reason to use it on Berserker I suppose. Gilgamesh was strong enough to defeat Berserker with his Gate of Babylon and I don't think he though Berserker was worthy enough to be defeated by his own personal Noble Phantasm.
Old 2015-04-18, 15:05   Link #32
Geburah

Enkidu: Chains of Heaven ( 天の鎖エルキドゥ , Ten no Kusari) is the Noble Phantasm most trusted by Gilgamesh, even more so than Ea, and the "greatest secret" stored in the Gate of Babylon. It is a chain named after his closest friend made to bind the gods so they cannot escape, making it one of the few anti-divine weapons that holds the concept of "reigning over the gods." The strength and durability of the chain grows stronger with the target having higher divinity, but is no more than a tough chain to a target without divinity like Saber, Assassin, or Archer.

Once activating it as a Noble Phantasm, numerous segments instantly appear to wrap around the opponent in order to bind them for his projectiles. It is shown both descending from the sky and appearing directly from inside the Gate of Babylon. He generally binds the opponent's weapon, limbs, shoulders, neck, and abdomen, rendering them completely immobile. The chains continuously twist and tighten with enough force to attempt to tear off Berserker's head and bend his arms past their limits in a normally impossible direction. It appears to even bind the space around itself, and it is capable of rendering transportation ordered by a Command Spell, which is capable of magecraft close to that of True Magic, completely useless and nullified. It can be said to be a more troublesome Noble Phantasm to Berserker than Excalibur. He is able to pull off what is accepted by all as an impossible feat in breaking free of the weapon with the last vestiges of his strength
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 15:08   Link #33
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I didn't see this yet, but I pretty much remembered this from the movie..

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ilya's fate in the Heaven's Feel Route - Introduction:
Old 2015-04-18, 15:14   Link #34
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for Ilya's fate in the Heaven's Feel Route - Introduction:
Well, FATED to die anyway. Sadly, I will never get my pseudo wincest route. (No prisma Ilya doesn't count, not enough Shirou in there anyway)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 15:30   Link #35
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I'm speechless, this was far more sad that I thought it'd be.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 15:45   Link #36
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
If Shirou uses Excalibur, yeah, Ilya would survive.

Shirou should have shouted from his original position though.... Now Ilya will never hear how Shirou cares...
Old 2015-04-18, 16:08   Link #37
Lota

Ooooookkkkkkk, well that was painful. On several levels. Seeing Iri again really f*cked me up though, now I'm getting all of these completely pleasant and not at all painful F/Z flashbacks, so... that's nice.

Now that I think about it... the whole Iri thing must have been really confusing to those who haven't seen Fate/Zero.
Old 2015-04-18, 16:10   Link #38
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well, FATED to die anyway. Sadly, I will never get my pseudo wincest route. (No prisma Ilya doesn't count, not enough Shirou in there anyway)
blame the 2000~
When Fate first show, it was at time where not many people like incest route so they have to scratch it

Then again, it could be good thing since there was rumor her route was archer route.
(Where he save everyone but his important friends and in the end, killed by the very people he saved)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 16:22   Link #39
Top Sergeant

A very well made episode. Bravo!

And I had thought Shirou was getting to be a smarter character, but he once again proves he only uses his head as shoulder ballast.
Old 2015-04-18, 16:22   Link #40
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for Ilya's fate in the Heaven's Feel Route - The real Spoiler:

[/SPOILER]
But Ilya's death in HF is more heroic..
And I prefer Ilya as loli onee-san. (I guess I should waiting 'till tomorrow to watch this)
(While listening Sanya no Uta to remembering Ilya)
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote