AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-18, 17:59   Link #21
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthand View Post
why dont i get translations of this manga ?
It's being translated now, isn't it?

That said, the raws are ahead by 10+ chapters.

Needless to say, the translators have their work cut out for them.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 02:00   Link #22
teejmo

Cue love interest: "I talked to a girl!" No offense, kid, but "Huh? Ahh.. Uhh.." doesn't actually count as talking to a girl.

Also, it seems like the higher-ups are impressed by the 0-point loser.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 03:30   Link #23
marvelB

LOL at the Mario references.

Also, wasn't that All Might in his "true" form there at the end of the chapter? Considering that he wanted to keep the truth behind his powers a secret from the public, it strikes me as a little odd to see him chilling out in a room full of other heroes (and while I wouldn't doubt they're a trustworthy bunch, letting more people in on the secret just raises the risk of it getting leaked, y'know?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Also, it seems like the higher-ups are impressed by the 0-point loser.

Of course! It's always the loser who exhibits the most effort who gains favor with mentor characters, after all! Such is the nature of a shounen manga, you know?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 16:40   Link #24
Esclair

In shounen manga effort + heart is always > talent/skill
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 21:39   Link #25
Daft

Just found out about this series thanks to this thread and have been seeing good reviews; I'm loving it already. I really hope this one turns out - really miss Oumagadoki Zoo . I'm assuming the higher-ups at SJ really like Horikoshi's style at least to give him a third chance in the same magazine after the demographic voted him out twice. As others have said, you really get the One Punch Man vibe from this so far. I'm interested in how it's explained that All Might's (Guile/Captain America fusion lol) can be passed down. At first I was thinking he was just talking about training and skills passed down like a martial arts until the Izuku ate the hair and it turned out its a legit super power that absorbs energy?
Old 2014-10-20, 02:31   Link #26
SamVision

That girl gets a 9.5/10 on the kawaii-o-meter. Damn Horikoshi you sure know how to design characters.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 15:16   Link #27
marvelB

Chapter 4's been translated!

And as expected, Izuku managed to pass despite failing the practical portion. I see I was also right about All Might being at the school (even if he was in "hero" mode during the video). It's also nice that we finally got the name of that girl (Ochako, huh?). Well, looking forward to the future translated chapters!
Old 2014-10-22, 15:36   Link #28
hamazura
whatever

these 4 chapters are very promising
lets see if its getting boring after going to school
Old 2014-10-30, 12:14   Link #29
marvelB

Huh, I didn't notice it earlier, but chapter 5 has been translated! And as a bonus, an improved translation for the first chapter is out, as well!

Well, it figures that the MC would get one of those strict, hardass teachers. I'm pretty interested in seeing what the rest of the teachers are like, though....
Old 2014-10-30, 17:26   Link #30
Quol
That Guy

Great manga i like the teacher since he reminds me of Kakashi from naruto.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 17:30   Link #31
Heat066

Read this yesterday and it looks very promising(well, it's in Shonen Jump) loving the characters so far.

Btw Izuku looks like a mix of Saitama + Yugi Muto
Old 2014-11-05, 01:28   Link #32
marvelB

Translated chapter 6 is out!

Heh, at least Izuku found a way to "control" his quirk without completely crippling himself!

Edit: BTW, it seems that the first volume sold pretty well upon its release, as well. Glad to hear of more success stories for this series!
Old 2014-11-05, 02:01   Link #33
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Translated chapter 6 is out!

Heh, at least Izuku found a way to "control" his quirk without completely crippling himself!

Edit: BTW, it seems that the first volume sold pretty well upon its release, as well. Glad to hear of more success stories for this series!
Sold pretty well? It got sold out.

This gives me (and no doubt the other fans of this series) hope that the serialization won't be axed like the author's other works.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 22:49   Link #34
marvelB

Was late in catching it, but chapter 7 translation is out! And I must say, the class sure looks spiffy in their hero garb (though I find it amusing that Deku Izuku's costume hasn't been fully revealed yet..... probably because he looks silly compared to the rest, lol ). Also, I liked that Pez dispenser of the tree ninja hero!

Oh, and I also happened to come across this. Dunno who made it, but it's sweet! Hopefully, we'll see more of these done with other characters.....
Old 2014-11-13, 23:41   Link #35
ranchan13

So far, I've been quite pleased with the series, and a good thing too. With the end of Naruto, I'd been hoping to find a replacement, and this looks like a good, spiritual successor.

I think the first 16 chapters are out, but only 7 translated, hope they catch up soon
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 01:17   Link #36
Esclair

His rival is complete ass, and it's not even for any good reason either.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 09:50   Link #37
drunkenwolfin
Bearded Author

Such a nice read.

Seems to be inspired by one-punch man, however its refreshing from the instant OP.

endonline.wordpress.com
drunkenwolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 09:54   Link #38
arthand

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenwolfin View Post
Such a nice read.

Seems to be inspired by one-punch man, however its refreshing from the instant OP.
ı think this series is more like naruto before shippuden even the teacher recembles kakashi .
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 10:12   Link #39
drunkenwolfin
Bearded Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthand View Post
ı think this series is more like naruto before shippuden even the teacher recembles kakashi .
It is in some ways, the teacher does resembling kakashi in his original testing, uncanningly so, the rival is an arse the same as sasuke was originally. MC seems to have unlimited hidden potential.

But I'm looking at the whole world overrun by heroes and supervillians, a hero training academy, MC is a strength base. and come on, ending things with one punch too.

Potentially inpired by both in different aspects, but the setting to me for me seems closer to One-Punch Man to me than Naruto, probably due to the scale of influence being world class compared to character base.

endonline.wordpress.com
drunkenwolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 10:30   Link #40
kiak666

Just recently found out this series, read the English scanlations up to chapter 7, got impatient, read the Chinese scanlations up to chapter 16, and WOW was it a blast to read!!!

What I like best is that how Izuku actually uses his brains as well as keen observation skills to formulate plan when fighting against his opponents, instead of purely relying on the powers that he just recently obtained.

I actually like some of the supporting casts as well, especially the frog girl (whom I find kind of cute, in a different kind of way compared to Ochako )
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot