AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 00:15   Link #281
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Inaba lecturing Goto in the teacher's room was classic. It takes balls to lie to a teacher and lecture them at the same time.
And yet he totally deserves it -- you can just tell he's the sort of teacher who cares more about his students thinking him cool than actually teaching anything.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 00:54   Link #282
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Man, turning my brain off and just relaxing is something I can't really do with this show, as I try to keep up with who's switching with who and who's actually talking.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 08:59   Link #283
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I finally got around to watching the second episode of this.

I have to say, I'm impressed. This actually has a touch of psychological thriller to it, which is a real pleasant surprise for me.

I like how, with this episode, Kokoro Connect is going in a much more serious direction. The dialogue was excellent, and there was a nicely intense/ominous feeling to many of the scenes.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:38   Link #284
Midonin
Last Engage

KokoCo 02 - No Answer Is the Best Answer

I would've been totally cool if the reason for the body switching was left up in the air. Ambiguity can be a powerful storytelling device. But the answer Heartseed (is he alien? Animal? Vegetable? Mineral? Ghost? Don't tell me, this is the ambiguity I was talking about.) gave didn't answer all that much anyway. He's got as much of an explainable motivation as the wishing rock. For fun. And that's the same reason I watch this show, so I'm cool with it.

The whole toilet discussion was great. So Iori's not very keen on the yuri flags (but there's time), has learned to go standing up (which is a wonderful mental image, and very forward thinking of her) and can wax philisophical like nobody's business (which was cool.) Most of what I got from this episode was about Iori, but the revelation about Yui and her martial arts skills was also appreciated. I like this series, it's bringing up enough stuff to think about while also remaining lighthearted and at times, silly. (I refer again to the toilet conversation.) I can get behind that. Taichi/Himeko's blank stare at the end was a great way to leave things for the next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 11:30   Link #285
HandofFate

I'm enjoying rewatching certain parts to see the body motions during the switching to see if the body motion habits match. Like the way Aoki voice sounds when Iori is inside him.

Also I find it a bit weird that even during switching, when they think in their head, its in the voice of the body, instead of the switchee, who is the one actually thinking the thoughts.
Old 2012-07-16, 13:08   Link #286
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I'm enjoying rewatching certain parts to see the body motions during the switching to see if the body motion habits match. Like the way Aoki voice sounds when Iori is inside him.

Also I find it a bit weird that even during switching, when they think in their head, its in the voice of the body, instead of the switchee, who is the one actually thinking the thoughts.
Interesting points. The first example of the body motion habits was Inaba (in Yui's body) chewing her fingernail, right after the OP. And it was cool to hear Aoki's seiyuu (Terashima Takuma) speaking with Yui's cadence. This basic meme creates some interesting complexity, for the seiyuus and for the animators.

As for which voice to use for thoughts, I can imagine the staff having long discussions about that, now that you point it out. Maybe they decided that it would be more confusing the other way.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 14:49   Link #287
Zeross

i love how the anime handle the body switch. Sure they tell us every time plainly who is who but we can also see it for ourself with all the body habits and the overall voice/personality.

the manga can't do this and they have to draw a mini image of each character in each buble to us to understand who is speaking is wich body. i know they can't realy do otherwise but i still like the anime better on that part.
Old 2012-07-16, 16:53   Link #288
maximilianjenus
[E]

I think it would be even funnier if later they don't tell us about the body switches at all... which I am sure is gonna happen.

the only letdown for me was the teacher, I was expecting him to be one person who got stuck in another person's body for years and that was teh reason of his/her apathy. since now we have confirmed only girl<->guy body switches are possible my money is on body switches being somehow romance related as probability says we should have gotten a girl<->girl or guy<-> guy switch.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 17:46   Link #289
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
...since now we have confirmed only girl<->guy body switches are possible....
Is that true? What about the three-way switch, which put one girl in another girl's body? We haven't seen a two-way m<>m or f<>f switch, but maybe we will.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 17:57   Link #290
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Is that true? What about the three-way switch, which put one girl in another girl's body? We haven't seen a two-way m<>m or f<>f switch, but maybe we will.
I was 100% sure when I was watching that two of the girls had switched.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 18:05   Link #291
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Didn't the episode start with Himeko (as Yui), Yui (as Aoki) and Aoki (as Himeko)?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 23:05   Link #292
HandofFate

Indeed it was:

Yui (inside Aoki)
Aoki (inside Inaba)
Inaba (inside Yui)

We probably end up seeing every possible combination eventually. Looking forward to when all 5 will probably end up switching.

Probably should keep track of which switches happen, at least to keep a tally on which switches hasn't happened yet for keeping track sake.
Old 2012-07-16, 23:07   Link #293
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Didn't the episode start with Himeko (as Yui), Yui (as Aoki) and Aoki (as Himeko)?
Yes it did. So, girl-girl swap is already possible. It’s the guy-guy swap that hasn’t happen yet.

This second episode is even more intriguing and funny than the first. It keeps making me wanting for more.

Yes, the body-swap is a tired premise, but how this series execute it is the interesting thing. It also help that some characters have their own family problem to add to the plot, but not too much to ruin the mood. Also, the “creepy guy” who somehow responsible for the body-swap turns out to be quite interesting. I guess that’s one question down, others will follow.

Next episode will be the war between Himeko + Taichi VS the lesby Class-Rep (maybe). Will it be a love triangle (or love square if Himeko is added)? Btw, did I get their names right ?
Old 2012-07-16, 23:20   Link #294
HandofFate

A standard girl<->girl switch did happen as well during episode 2.
Though it happened off-screen. That was lead-in into the outburst from Yui against Iori.
She mentioned that the previous night when she and Iori switched bodies, she didn't see anyone in Iori's house.

We haven't seen guy-guy yet but the girls outnumber the guys. So I'm sure we get to that sooner or later.
Old 2012-07-17, 00:15   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's kinda crazy now that I think about it- Each VA will be potentially playing 5 different characters
Old 2012-07-17, 00:49   Link #296
Zeross

Seiing how they naturaly continue the movement they were making before the switch, it could be quite dangerous if you take for exemple Yui making some karate move, then in the midle of it she switch with Nagase, enjoying a chitchat in front of Taichi.

There is a lot of possibility to be screwed at the moment the swap happen, i hope to see more of thoses
Old 2012-07-17, 01:46   Link #297
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A comic based on the VAs' recording session for the Kokoro Connect Drama CD

Old 2012-07-17, 02:12   Link #298
Lukeman1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post
Seiing how they naturaly continue the movement they were making before the switch, it could be quite dangerous if you take for exemple Yui making some karate move, then in the midle of it she switch with Nagase, enjoying a chitchat in front of Taichi.

There is a lot of possibility to be screwed at the moment the swap happen, i hope to see more of thoses
Or, the possibility that one person standing on the roof of the school swaps with another person currently in the middle of a long-jump run-up or something. Fun times.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 02:12   Link #299
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A comic based on the VAs' recording session for the Kokoro Connect Drama CD

snip

what does it say? translations please.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:01   Link #300
desrtsku
Nympholept

There's a drama CD for Kokoro connect? ... wouldn't that be pretty confusing?!

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life