AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 16:11   Link #61
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Bleh, if only this was announced a few months earlier, else I wouldn't have bought the original Symphonia on Gamecube.

I had to borrow Dawn of the New World from a friend of mine though cause I couldn't find it anywhere else, so there's still some worth to me getting this.~

I'm skeptical it's a remake though, as nice as that would be. It's probably just another title to add to the "HD remaster" trend.
Old 2013-05-16, 06:22   Link #62
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Bleh, if only this was announced a few months earlier, else I wouldn't have bought the original Symphonia on Gamecube.

I had to borrow Dawn of the New World from a friend of mine though cause I couldn't find it anywhere else, so there's still some worth to me getting this.~

I'm skeptical it's a remake though, as nice as that would be. It's probably just another title to add to the "HD remaster" trend.
There was already a remake on the PS2. It had extra cutscenes, ougis, titles, and costumes compared to the Gamecube version.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 04:22   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hideo Baba clarifies Tales of Symphonia HD rumors

Rumors be rumors dawg
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 07:32   Link #64
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
The Tales of Festival should make things clearer, sucks if it really just a rumor though. Was looking forward to HD Sheena.
Old 2013-06-01, 05:35   Link #65
SidVicious
Anime addict

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles announced for PS3
Includes high-definition remasters of Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/tales-of-...-announced-ps3
Old 2013-06-01, 07:09   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Best part is we don't have to wonder about whether there would be a localization we'll definitely be getting it next year
Old 2013-06-01, 07:37   Link #67
GDB

Yep. Most likely sometime between January and March.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 10:41   Link #68
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I am crying tears of joy
I never owned a Gamecube or a Wii so I was never able to play the localized version.

I've always say this whenever Namco Bandai announces a localized version but I wish for an undub.
same as my wish for Xillia because of Miyuki Sawashiro, Symphonia has Nana Mizuki.
oh well
a man can dream, right?
I know it's never gonna happen... but still

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 11:19   Link #69
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

lol, Baba-P is such a liar. First he told us that Symphonia Remaster is just a rumor, and now we have this announcement Kinda disappointed that there will be no new Tales mothership title this year though.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 11:46   Link #70
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I've always say this whenever Namco Bandai announces a localized version but I wish for an undub.
same as my wish for Xillia because of Miyuki Sawashiro, Symphonia has Nana Mizuki.
oh well
a man can dream, right?
I know it's never gonna happen... but still
It's possible. The main reason it couldn't be done before was because they'd have to make new contracts for the Japanese voice actors/actresses to allow it, which would mean more money spent. However, if these games are getting new voice work done, then they'd need new contracts anyway. Thus, it could be put in that they could use the voices for overseas versions as well.

And given how close the release dates are, it wouldn't surprise me if this were the case if both versions were bilingual. Japanese gamers enjoy American dubs at times as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
lol, Baba-P is such a liar. First he told us that Symphonia Remaster is just a rumor, and now we have this announcement
Actually, all he said was it was the first he had heard of the rumor (which was also true for most people), and that if it happened it'd sure make a lot of people happy. He neither denied it nor confirmed it. Besides, it's not like he's going to spill the beans when they obviously wanted to use Tales Fest to hype it up.
Old 2013-06-01, 13:27   Link #71
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh and here I was hoping they revamp it a bit so that it has graphics similar to Xillia then again, a HD remastered isn't all that bad now that I think about it. I never played Symphonia 2 too so being given a chance to play it in my PS3 is a good news.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 13:31   Link #72
Shadow5YA

Unfortunately since I already played the original over 8 times, I think I've had enough Symphonia for a lifetime

I'd be interested in replaying Dawn of the New World if they make the Symphonia cast fully playable with customizable gear, stats, and skills like a regular character, but I doubt that will happen.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 13:33   Link #73
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I never really 'played' it (just borrow it for a couple of fights from my friend) so I'm really interested in this Since Symphonia seems to be highly regarded by western market too, I must say that Baba really did make an excellent choice with excellent timing.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 14:14   Link #74
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Tales of Symphonia HD

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...seurope-launch

The GameCube title Tales of Symphonia and the Wii sequel are getting HD versions, and they will release in North America and Europe in early 2014 (and in Japan, too, of course)!

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2013-06-01 at 14:57.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 17:31   Link #75
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
[PS3] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Quote:
Namco Bandai has announced Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (known as Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack in Japan) for PlayStation 3 at Tales of Festival in Japan.

The game, a compilation launching in celebration of the Symphonia series’ 10th anniversary, includes high-definition remasters of Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Added content includes newly-illustrated cut-ins for Mystic Artes and series’ character clothing for all of Symphonia‘s party characters (shown below). New arranges of theme songs “Starry Heavens,” “Soshite Boku ni Dekuru Koto,” and “Ninin Sankyaku” will be also be featured. The Japanese package art (shown above) is drawn by Kousuke Fujishima.

First-run bonuses for the Japanese version include a Ufotable-illustrated “10th Anniversary Greeting Card,” which contains a serial code to download a video greeting message from Lloyd and Emil voice actors Katsuyuki Konishi and Hiru Shimono, a PlayStation 3 custom theme, and Tales of social content. Lalabit Market and Famitsu DX Pack limited editions are also being planned. The Lalabit Market edition, for 9,980 yen, includes five “Chibi Kyun Chara” figures of Lloyd Irving, Colette Brunel, Emil Castagnier, Marta Lualdi, and Tenebrae, an original novel called “Kibou wo Tsugu Mono,” and a Ufotable-illustrated special box. The Famitsu DX Pack, for 7,980 yen, includes includes four special visual clear posters, three of which are illustrated by Ufotable.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles will launch in Japan on October 10 for 6,980 yen, and in the Americas, Europe, and Australasia in early 2014. Watch the Japanese and western announcement videos below...

Makes me wonder if Tales of the Abyss or Tales of Legendia will ever be brought to HD.... but yeah, I'm excited... even if I do own the games already~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2013-06-01 at 17:57.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 01:22   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I sadly never actually got the chance to buy or play Symphonia. I now have a chance to correct that mistake.
Old 2013-06-02, 03:48   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This is nice news. Haven't played Symphonia in a long time and can now look forward to an HD version.
Old 2013-06-02, 04:39   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

....Why did I spoil myself on the OVA

And even though I know the sequel has mixed response, Johnny Yong Bosch as Ratatosk and Laura Bailey as Marta is (o) !

(I would say on par with Shimono Hiro and Kugimiya Rie in some ways...)
Old 2013-06-02, 06:30   Link #79
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm... I've already finished Symphonia on PS2 so this is a little bit of disappointment for me, I would have prefer a Rebirth/Destiny 2 remaster, but oh well, at least it's a good news that Tales series is still going strong, and that Baba-P still has love toward Western audience XD
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 09:01   Link #80
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
....Why did I spoil myself on the OVA
The OVAs left a LOT out, especially the first set. There will be plenty for you to still experience.