AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-12-01, 08:37   Link #13521
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
This is how i see Fairy Tail battles going 95% of the time Natsu and gang get their asses kick like in almost every shouen series get inspiration from group, asspull, and the finishing attack in like 2 to 3 chapters. Hiro battles aren't that long now I know people who are used like 10 to 20 chapters battle will be imensely disappointed because well Fairy Tail battles aren't long at all. The chapter it was beast and cool part I didn't like how Natsu dragon force seem forced and really out of place. I think he should of hype Natsu transformation more and did Grey asborb Mards attack, well there 50/50 chance Fairy Tail will explain how he did. Still love Fairy Tail
Old 2014-12-01, 10:50   Link #13522
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Doesn't really surprise me since Gray is Musica's successor. Musica's known for playing possum in the middle of a fight so to see Gray do it is well within my realm of belief.

And that cover... Erza is like Boa Hancock - no matter what she does, or how she does it, people will love her because she's beautiful.
Old 2014-12-01, 12:42   Link #13523
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i finally who mard's demon remind me of, Cell.
Old 2014-12-01, 13:54   Link #13524
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i finally who mard's demon remind me of, Cell.
His last burst of emotion actually reminded me of Rob Lucci before he was defeated. Also, you can almost hear the Spirit King laughing and saying, called it .
Old 2014-12-01, 18:11   Link #13525
Wandering Soul

Well it's at least nice that Gray didn't just say down and leave everything to Natsu.
Old 2014-12-01, 20:35   Link #13526
XFire
150% done

I'm not okay with the fact that I'm okay with this.
Old 2014-12-02, 02:47   Link #13527
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I'm not okay with the fact that I'm okay with this.
Shows your getting used to fairy tail.
Old 2014-12-02, 05:03   Link #13528
Saravis4

I'm okay that I'm okay with this, is that okay?

This wasn't too bad. A demon slayer has some demon counter abilities, seems reasonable. I would have liked Natsu to go a little more dragon in his Dragon Force. It was certainly odd that it didn't take long for Gray to recover, but that wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility. It's not as bad as Erza's recovery.
Old 2014-12-02, 13:49   Link #13529
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Mard Geer: How'd you get so strong?!

Natsu: Nakama powa, b****!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 15:04   Link #13530
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
And... I'm done. I'm done thinking Natsu will be beaten to a pulp for at least chapter or so. It's cuz' of things like these that I can't enjoy Fairy Tail fully. Too much main guy having power. Gonna came back after few weeks till' I forget about this tragedy. And such a cool main villain as well.... *sigh*
Old 2014-12-02, 18:42   Link #13531
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimrui View Post
And... I'm done. I'm done thinking Natsu will be beaten to a pulp for at least chapter or so. It's cuz' of things like these that I can't enjoy Fairy Tail fully. Too much main guy having power. Gonna came back after few weeks till' I forget about this tragedy. And such a cool main villain as well.... *sigh*
But Natsu failed to beat him. Or rather, he helped Gray beat him.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 19:34   Link #13532
B214

People are focusing too much on Mard being defeated rather than how Mard is defeated. And to think Mashima put some effort into making sure that there's no Nakama BS in this chapter.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 19:59   Link #13533
MCAL

Considering how tough Mard Geer was, Natsu may not have even seriously hurt him, it was really Gray who dealt the finishing blow, which we already know he could do. Also if it weren't for Gray, Natsu definitely would have been dead.

So I don't think it was that bad of a conclusion.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 20:47   Link #13534
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I really liked this chapter. Gray finally KO's one enemy. Thank you.

Also, I was sad for Gray at the beginning of the chapter, so I'm relieved he wasn't killed off just to piss off readers. Though... if there's one thing that could use more work in this manga... it's how fast everything is resolved... there shouldn't be so much build up to things... if they just get fixed that quickly... it kind of destroys the mood a bit... but I still liked it.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 02:03   Link #13535
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I really liked this chapter. Gray finally KO's one enemy. Thank you.
Didn't he KO the smartass Saber Tooth guy that memorizes magic?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 02:20   Link #13536
B214

Maybe he meant those big enemy boss. Though i won't consider Rufus an enemy, just an opponent.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 20:01   Link #13537
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Maybe he meant those big enemy boss. Though i won't consider Rufus an enemy, just an opponent.
Exactly. Gray did something worthwhile on the same level as Natsu, and I really liked that. Of course, Natsu is going to beat E.N.D., but seeing Gray do something boss was a nice change.

I also wonder if Gray is going to be the only person who can perform magic after FACE takes it all away, because he will still have his demon slayer powers.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 23:54   Link #13538
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Exactly. Gray did something worthwhile on the same level as Natsu, and I really liked that. Of course, Natsu is going to beat E.N.D., but seeing Gray do something boss was a nice change.
Unless Natsu is E.N.D., and Gray has to beat him back to normal. That was my previous bet, but now Gray's gotten enough action against Marde Geer, and doesn't seem to have enough gas left for an even tougher fight.

...Unless, unless, he loses control of the demonification and we go full ice demon vs fire demon
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 00:51   Link #13539
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Unless Natsu is E.N.D., and Gray has to beat him back to normal. That was my previous bet, but now Gray's gotten enough action against Marde Geer, and doesn't seem to have enough gas left for an even tougher fight.

...Unless, unless, he loses control of the demonification and we go full ice demon vs fire demon
Although considering how Mard Geer tried to erase Natsu without hesitation, the odds of Natsu actually being E.N.D. have diminished. Still wouldn't put it past Hiro.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 06:13   Link #13540
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Although considering how Mard Geer tried to erase Natsu without hesitation, the odds of Natsu actually being E.N.D. have diminished. Still wouldn't put it past Hiro.
Considering what they pulled already nothing would surprise me anymore.

Gray's dad not only being alive but being a demon
Igneel being inside of Natsu (and yes i know there were hints for it early on doesnt mean it aint stupid).
FACE about to kill everybody and wendy just so happens to realize she can absorb the Particles and save everything.
The entire Erza vs Kyouka fight (no logic at all)
The fact that turns out there are more FACE (Faces) instead of the one u destroyed.

And there's many more examples besides that

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen