AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 11 21.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 21.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 19.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 15.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 18:47   Link #21
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Okay

Spoiler:

l have to accept....it did feel kinda good to watch yet weird since...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-01, 19:05   Link #22
kalbron

Only 6? 7? 8? more episodes until the conclusion of this trainwreck. And it will be glorious in its hilarious stupidity!
Old 2009-08-01, 19:06   Link #23
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I'm sure Welkin is the type of person who keeps everything to himself and if he won't burst now about Isara's death, he will go insane later.
Old 2009-08-01, 19:33   Link #24
Camus

sigh... I don't know why I even bother to keep watching this train reck. I keep thinking well maybe they will decide to finally give Welkin a break cause I want to like him like how I liked the one from the game... but man this just too much. Its like the writters are enjoying shitting on him for what it seems to be forever never seen a series which showed such little respect to their main character. Well maybe naruto part 2... before sennin mode.

I think i'm going to drop this for now perhaps come back when it all has ended. I don't want to be trolled any further and I honestly had it with this sorry excuse for a shojo love triangle.
Old 2009-08-01, 19:56   Link #25
kujoe
from head to heel

Really guys, you're making this sound as if it were some badly written shoujo series...

Well, ok, I admit that news of this unnecessary love triangle and Faldio fan wanking (yes, it is) should've been my cue to be extremely skeptical of the entire series, but I guess my love for this game has kept me optimistic. Unfortunately, my optimism is wearing thin.

I suppose this one is for the blogs... Instead of watching the series all the way through and getting possibly trolled with disappointment and idiocy, I'll just keep up with the episode summaries out there.
Old 2009-08-01, 20:12   Link #26
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Really guys, you're making this sound as if it were some badly written shoujo series...
You mean it isn't?
Old 2009-08-01, 21:29   Link #27
kujoe
from head to heel

My bad.

I forgot the /sarcasm tag.

Old 2009-08-01, 23:05   Link #28
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You can't stop watching this train wreak after so many episodes, we need to make it to the end.
true... l must as well finish this horrible journey l'm on seeing as l have managed to painfully swallow 3/4 of the anime version so far. l'll tell you though, crap like this that was shown in ep18 makes it hard to keep going...
Old 2009-08-01, 23:12   Link #29
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
true... l must as well finish this horrible journey l'm on seeing as l have managed to painfully swallow 3/4 of the anime version so far. l'll tell you though, crap like this that was shown in ep18 makes it hard to keep going...
I'm watching to the end too. I normally don't torture myself this way and drop a series before the end, but this one I'll need all the motivation I can get before nuking from orbit the studio that did this 'project'.
Old 2009-08-02, 02:00   Link #30
kalbron

I'm just watching for the lulz. In some respects it's a lot like Endless Eight in Haruhi season 2: the writers are trolling the established fanbase.

Seriously, they kill Vyse, they neuter Welkin, they turn Faldio into some sort of hero, and generally screwed with everything that worked in the game's plotline.

It's a troll, so treat it like one and laugh at their utter inability to write a coherent script. XD
Old 2009-08-02, 02:06   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Okay

Spoiler:

Come on you guys, raise your hands.

Haven't played the game in awhile but Welkin is really pushing it with his attitude.

Because the further he falls down the more dramatic it'll look when he stands back up......that's assuming if he does bother standing back up.
Well I think they are trying too hard, because even when he stands up everyone will be so tired of him that will want his death.

I mean script writers are shitting on Welkins head for 6-5 episodes already and even if he stands up in the end, who will care? Because in the end you will remember hours of endless Welkin's screw ups rather than 2 minute worth awesomeness.

It's like who remembers Shinji Ikari for his awesomeness (and he had few moments like that and in the end choose life with pain, which was pretty damn heroic move)? I am afraid not so many. Most remember him as a spineless emo boy... the reason is that he spend so much more time whining and running away rather than facing his problems. But at least Shinji had character depth. Anime Welkin is as shallow as one can get. Being a retard doesn't help with his character development either.

I really want anime Welkin to die, even though he was one of my favorites in the game.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-08-02 at 02:17.
Old 2009-08-02, 02:33   Link #32
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I really want anime Welkin to die, even though he was one of my favorites in the game.
Well, I wouldn't want to feel that way, since by doing so it seems as if I just played right into their hands.

I already know who the character is, and no screwed up version is going to change that. I'd rather criticize the people who improperly adapted this in order to appease and attract a larger fanbase. In other words, they're doing it wrong.

Frankly, I feel kind of insulted. For some reason, I can imagine that someone must have thought: "No problem! We can just 'fix' everything at the last minute," or "Don't worry, Faldio's pretty. The fangirls will love it!"

Do I sound like some whining, elitist fan? I should be, considering we're fans of the franchise too. There's a difference between making changes in order to improve on things, and just changing things.

sigh.
Old 2009-08-02, 03:30   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
At first watching this episodes just pissed me off, though now i just laugh at them. Laugh at how insanely bad they've messed things up.

Quote:
I already know who the character is, and no screwed up version is going to change that. I'd rather criticize the people who improperly adapted this in order to appease and attract a larger fanbase. In other words, they're doing it wrong.

Frankly, I feel kind of insulted. For some reason, I can imagine that someone must have thought: "No problem! We can just 'fix' everything at the last minute," or "Don't worry, Faldio's pretty. The fangirls will love it!"

Do I sound like some whining, elitist fan? I should be, considering we're fans of the franchise too. There's a difference between making changes in order to improve on things, and just changing things.

sigh.
You've just summed up our past few months of complete and utter pain from watching this show.

& yeah you might as well catch up now instead of marathoning at a later date. Less painful that way.
Old 2009-08-02, 04:02   Link #34
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:

Well, ok, I admit that news of this unnecessary love triangle and Faldio fan wanking (yes, it is) should've been my cue to be extremely skeptical of the entire series, but I guess my love for this game has kept me optimistic. Unfortunately, my optimism is wearing thin.

I suppose this one is for the blogs... Instead of watching the series all the way through and getting possibly trolled with disappointment and idiocy, I'll just keep up with the episode summaries out there.
What the heck would it be if not a badly written shoujo series so far?

I am currently playing the game again, and (man!) optimism is running very very low right now after the work these sons of *censored* did to the anime. These idiots don't even deserve any unemployment paycheck because of how shite they are.

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't want to feel that way, since by doing so it seems as if I just played right into their hands.

sigh.
I really can't stand how they portray anime Welkin any longer. This is ridiculous! Speaking of the writers, who the hell are they and why did they not keep the same guy who wrote storylines for the game? When it decided the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children project would come to life, the VERY FIRST THING they did was to hire the man behind success stories of Final Fantasy games (VII, VIII, X and X-2) and Kingdom Hearts to write the story. Was it too much to hire the same guy who wrote VC for the anime adaptation of the game?

Suspend me under charges of language if any, but my thoughts on why they wanted to expose Faldio a little more (because he looks like some sexy beast) come down to this and I won't be kind: anime Faldio can kiss my @$$, Faldio fangirls can also kiss my @$$ and I crap on this character who's brought to spotlight by the new writers at the expense of Welkin's character suffering most because of these fools.

Man! If these writers are Faldio fans, I'd be more than happy to hang them by the balls if I could right now.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2009-08-02 at 04:31.
Old 2009-08-02, 04:04   Link #35
Johnny
Working the bags...

The summaries everyone here gives are enough for me, so thanks to you all I don't have to bother watching it...

I'll bet not many are waiting patiently to pre-order any soon to be dvd releases...?
Old 2009-08-02, 06:00   Link #36
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Now now.. no need to be so negative! This episode had its good points:
- a Fina cameo (or at least one of the triplets. Guess they're trying to appease the Arcadia fans)
- Zaka is back in the preview
- the squad's side characters got to say some lines
- and.... hmmm.. someone fill me in, that's all I can think of

Otherwise it's still the same old unsightly mess with anime Welkin, anime Faldio and anime Alicia.
That being said, it would be a good and enjoyable episode if they didn't keep on messing up those three characters.
And of course Faldio was at the right place at the right moment once again! He's a stalker I tell you.

Do not falter comrades! We will see through this wreck until the end.
Old 2009-08-02, 06:20   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
And of course Faldio was at the right place at the right moment once again! He's a stalker I tell you.
When you're that super awesome, and can do anything, appearing at the right place at the right time is like child's play.

I'm never gonna be able to look at game Faldio the same ever again thanks to this series.
Old 2009-08-02, 06:27   Link #38
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finished this episode (with subs).
Simple thought: Why no one here tries to think ways otherwise?
Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2009-08-02, 08:00   Link #39
Sassarai
Army of One

This is the love triangle that never ends, it goes on and on my friend.. Some people started writing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue writing it forever just because...This is the love triangle that never ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
When you're that super awesome, and can do anything, appearing at the right place at the right time is like child's play.

I'm never gonna be able to look at game Faldio the same ever again thanks to this series.
I haven't play the game yet but hopefully Fabio is just a side character with not much of a role unlike the Anime version where he thinks he's the main character.
Old 2009-08-02, 08:13   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I haven't play the game yet but hopefully Fabio is just a side character with not much of a role unlike the Anime version where he thinks he's the main character.
Yep, you are spot on.