AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 02:30   Link #8861
Eratas123

@ Zero - Why do you think I put so much restrictions on Irish? He's being blackmailed to work so they know he won't go AWOL, he's bunking with his partner (who can kick his ass) and they checked his psyche profile to make sure he won't attack randomly.

@ demino_hellsin - Don't. If you're telling me that there's an OC good enough to cheat the system of ISA then I'm calling him sue right now. He'd have to get past not only the chairman, but also Tatenashi and most likely Chifuyu. If he can do that then I'm sorry, he's a sue.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:32   Link #8862
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, I know.

@ Demino

A Jerkass manipulative OC, hmm..... what's that blinking dot in the corner of my computer?
Old 2011-11-22, 02:33   Link #8863
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It almost sounds like this Irish fellow should be dead if left unsupervised O.o

EDIT: I could make Croixas do it... but he doesn't really care that much for Rong...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:35   Link #8864
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
It almost sounds like this Irish fellow should be dead if left unsupervised O.o
He IS going to die initially, it's just that things went out of control.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:35   Link #8865
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - He's dangerous but he's useful. Resources aren't thrown away so he has a LOT of restrictions placed on him to keep him grounded. They can't trust him on his own.

I made an answer to your question in my previous post.

@ Zero - Sorry, probably repeating myself again.

EDIT: He was supposed to die along with Joshua at the end of Chapter 5. He became an anti-hero protag instead.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:37   Link #8866
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, once again I knew that, just explaining. I'm sorry if it's not my place to talk.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:40   Link #8867
Eratas123

@ Zero - I meant the fact that Irish has restrictions on him, not the dying part. Sorry, I repeated it even if I already explained it to you, I thought you might've been annoyed.

Side note - Any of the protags can die in Shadow if need be. Irish has the highest chance since he's the one that'll get the smallest flack if he dies.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:43   Link #8868
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, yeah, me too. If Grimdark virus injected by Blitz is strong enough to influence me, few of the protagonist in Sacred Twins will gonna die and shit will hits the fan, HARD.

I wish that won't happen.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:43   Link #8869
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I bet the girls drool and tried to rape him instantly.

Oh wait he looks like Scourge if he's rendered with I.S. Graphic, just add some scar and burns, maybe some stubble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Insta-rape, no question. Hell, I'm surprised none of the male OC's get raped/assaulted on sight considering the hormones and usual lack of males.
I also forgot about another thing; tattoos, how will they react if they see Tattoos?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:43   Link #8870
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - As I said, he'd have to be smart enough to go through all three mentioned above (possibly Tabane as well). Government's couldn't hack the system, what makes you think one guy could?

@ Jak - I dunno. Irish, Ichika and Kyuukai have no tats no I don't exactly plan to write about it.

@ Zero - Be careful about killing off the canon cast. Hell hath no fury like a reader scorned.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:44   Link #8871
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I also forgot about another thing; tattoos, how will they react if they see Tattoos?
Depending on what kind of tattoos are you talking. What kind of tattoo? Where it's located? What's the shape, and what's the size?
Old 2011-11-22, 02:45   Link #8872
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For some reason, Irish makes me sad... less for his past and more for his future.

EDIT:

@Eratas: I made Croixas as the male version of Tabane. Not quite all there, brilliant but ignored by general populace till they made some sort of impossible invention real. Tabane was able to hack into the nuke control systems of all the world. Croixas is only a step below her so hacking ISA only should be possible for him. As for the three people to deal with... I guess he could open all the channels of ISA for a complete database hack and announce to the world when the time window for full ISA file access will be. He can hold that over their heads. Though not sure how opening all personal data of all students, staff and technical data on ISA would make them feel threatened.

reading all this makes me feel like Irish was born to die. Deciding he can die at anytime... It almost feels like he's more a toy than a sentient existence.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2011-11-22 at 02:57.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:47   Link #8873
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - What do you mean?
Old 2011-11-22, 02:52   Link #8874
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@Eratas: I made Croixas as the male version of Tabane. Not quite all there, brilliant but ignored by general populace till they made some sort of impossible invention real. Tabane was able to hack into the nuke control systems of all the world. Croixas is only a step below her so hacking ISA only should be possible for him.
Eerily similar to my other OC, Iori Senbei. Except he also Tabane's Childhood friend.

EDIT: Going home, will reply Jak's question later, sorry. I Promise I'll reply it.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:54   Link #8875
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - It's your choice to do it or not. Tabane was stated to be a one of a kind super genius in canon but if you want to make that choice it's your call, I can't stop you. Just be careful of any negative feedback you'll get.

EDIT: @ Zero - Not really accurate since Iori has different skills and has so far been shown to have vastly inferior skills compared to Tabane.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:54   Link #8876
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Depending on what kind of tattoos are you talking. What kind of tattoo? Where it's located? What's the shape, and what's the size?
The "rough/gruff", testosterone kind; that's the best I can describe it for now.

And placements; for now I'm thinking on the right arm/shoulder area. Like these ones below:
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:59   Link #8877
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Tabane was listed as one of a kind?

EDIT: It's different. It may be because I have very lacking information on Irish, but I'm just expressing my opinion that Irish was born to suffer and he will die suffering. Everyone in my story is supposed to be normal at even a certain fraction of their lives. Rong is the most abnormal considering his circumstances. Those innocents died, yes, they died in vain, struggling, screaming, and probably cursing him and for a reason or another it stays with Rong. It marks him, though I'd like to show that as little as possible. Faceless mooks are cliched to die the moment they show up so I find it more refreshing when they actually do something that matters like act as a deus ex machina(gundam unicorn). They did something before they died. Again with Irish, he lives to suffer and dies suffering and it feels like half the accomplishments in his life were done just so they could explode in his face.

There's a reason I dropped Harry Potter after book 5 and I have yet to play CoD.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2011-11-22 at 03:09.
Old 2011-11-22, 03:01   Link #8878
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - Some characters are like that. Look at the number of deaths in Harry Potter by book 7! Most of the heroes are dead by the end of the war.

Irish is a character in a story. He changed so a lot from his initial concept and actually became a protag. Besides, what's the difference in killing mooks in your stories or Rong killing those innocents in his background? Rong decided they should die for his revenge and they died, it's all the same.

Hell, look at Call of duty. Near every playable character dies despite all their accomplishments.

Yes, Tabane was described as the "Genius who could outwit Einstein" at one point so I'm gueesing that means she's one of a kind. If she wasn't why isn't anyone else making machines like the IS? Don't say funding, Tabane has none and she still makes the cores.
Old 2011-11-22, 03:18   Link #8879
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well Croixas never did win against Tabane
Old 2011-11-22, 03:28   Link #8880
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - Irish dies doing nothing? The only reason he'll die is to help someone else or by accomplishing something that'll change the story greatly, he's not gonna keel over and die because I think it's dramatic. If he dies, there should be a reason as to why.

Also, if you think he's just a throwaway character, then you're wrong. I've made multiple stories here that have him as the protag or as one of the protags so you can't say I'm just going to throw his character away.

His accomplishments in the story are actually significant and the story can't move forward if one of the protags doesn't do their part. Killing him off does not mean he's useless.

Also, what's the difference between killing characters and killing mooks? They're all human beings in the story and deserve the same shot at life as anyone else. If you claim otherwise, then you're disproving your point.

I'm already planning a sequence where one of the mooks from an earlier chapter does something important before getting killed. Is it a senseless death? Yes. Did he die doing nothing? Absolutely not.

Besides, I said he'll die if he has to, not when I decide I suddenly want to do it. A story has death if it needs to, what if I shift the POV to a mook that's about to get killed or an innocent that Rong's about to kill? Doesn't that make it the same as what you're talking about? A pointless and controlled death?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest