Notices

Old 2012-01-13, 00:29   Link #2761
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Next Episode will be 'how Impulse got concieved'
Old 2012-01-13, 07:12   Link #2762
HasuMasu
*Artist

Watching videos on that channel is a pain, you can't wait for it to buffer otherwise it'll reset.
Old 2012-01-13, 07:38   Link #2763
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
To be honest, I never consider most fictional captains to be all that special. As long as they're not blatantly awful, which I don't consider Murrue to be, then I can accept them as being at least competent in regard to being a captain. (Obviously they can have other failings as a character or a person.)
I agree.
I like Murrue and she remind me of Misato btw.

I add that if Natarle was in command of Archangel they wouldn't have cleared day one. She was so strict to not let a civilian (not to mention he's a coordinator) pilot a Gundam.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 10:48   Link #2764
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Watching videos on that channel is a pain, you can't wait for it to buffer otherwise it'll reset.
I haven't had a problem watching SEED with GundamInfo's youtube channel. In fact, I've always watch it full screen. Is it probably your internet connection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I add that if Natarle was in command of Archangel they wouldn't have cleared day one. She was so strict to not let a civilian (not to mention he's a coordinator) pilot a Gundam.
Yeah, that's a good point. Although I think Mu and Murrue could've convinced her seeing as how Kira is the only one who has shown that he can pilot the Strike well.

Last edited by monster; 2012-01-13 at 10:59.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 15:07   Link #2765
justavisitor

i don't think Natarle was that strict to begin with. It was her own decision to fly Archangel in ep 2...(but I guess anyone would do that XD)

It was when she became second in command then she became more strict....maybe she knew her role?...imo, she becomes more decisive, and bold when she is the one to give orders and she displays a somewhat different approach when she has the superior to serve.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:12   Link #2766
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Natarle's only fault is that she allowed Azrael to do whatever he wanted, when she should've shot him in the face and thrown his body out the airlock.

The Dominion was kicking ass despite its rookie crew AND specially despite Azrael. That's all on Natarle's skills as a captain.

Murrue basically relied on luck to get by. How many times did they Archangel come close to getting its bridge blown up? I can count at least 3, and in all instances they're saved not by their captain's skills but by sheer luck. Kira shooting the Ginn's rifle before it can shoot, or Mu jumping in front of the positron blast (twice).

I think in the show itself Murrue admits Natarle is just a better captain than her. I don't see what the issue is.
Old 2012-01-13, 17:32   Link #2767
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Natarle's only fault is that she allowed Azrael to do whatever he wanted, when she should've shot him in the face and thrown his body out the airlock.

The Dominion was kicking ass despite its rookie crew AND specially despite Azrael. That's all on Natarle's skills as a captain.

Murrue basically relied on luck to get by. How many times did they Archangel come close to getting its bridge blown up? I can count at least 3, and in all instances they're saved not by their captain's skills but by sheer luck. Kira shooting the Ginn's rifle before it can shoot, or Mu jumping in front of the positron blast (twice).

I think in the show itself Murrue admits Natarle is just a better captain than her. I don't see what the issue is.
The issue is you're comparing Natarle's accomplishment with a fully staffed crew (and were they really a rookie crew?) against Murrue who has always had an understaffed crew. And don't blame luck on Murrue's pilots coming to the rescue. Defending the ship is part of what they're supposed to do. Compared that to Natarle getting her ship destroyed, Murrue has already accomplished more as a captain of her ship.

The only time Natarle truly shined as a captain was during the confrontation between Dominion and Archangel. But then again, that has always been where her skill lies. In fact, directing combat has always been one of her primary tasks on the Archangel.

But as an overall captain, Natarle hasn't shown to be that much better than Murrue. (Although I won't deny that she had the potential to be a very good captain.)
Old 2012-01-13, 20:05   Link #2768
winter45

Problem i found is that Murraue accomplishments are mostly interventions from her pilots who has free reign to take their own initiative, (there is a few exceptions to this tho) oppose to RL pilots who are instructed by crew on what to do, which is a major difference.

I would agree with Monster, if AA crew were directing pilots and issuing orders. But it wasnt the case, so i cant give Marrue *FULL* *MOST* credit if her circumstances are fortunate due to pilots independent actions.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:21   Link #2769
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Problem i found is that Murraue accomplishments are mostly interventions from her pilots who has free reign to take their own initiative, (there is a few exceptions to this tho) oppose to RL pilots who are instructed by crew on what to do, which is a major difference.

I would agree with Monster, if AA crew were directing pilots and issuing orders. But it wasnt the case, so i cant give Marrue *FULL* *MOST* credit if her circumstances are fortunate due to pilots independent actions.
The Archangel crew are directing pilots, but it's just not shown as much since SEED has never been that big on such details. In fact, that's the primary tasks for Miriallia during battles, with Sai and Kuzzey to a lesser extent, supervised by Natarle.
Old 2012-01-13, 20:39   Link #2770
winter45

@ monster

Thats falls back to my (there is a few exceptions to this tho)

I May have to re-watch, Mirialla to me is playing more of comms role than actually sending/receiving orders. One of the main responsibilities of first officer is to supervise comms as well, so that is a given.

But when it comes to kira athrun and small part of mwu (the main players) is where they decide to decision making on behalf of AA (which coincidentally are the ones who give the major accomplishments to Murrue)
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:52   Link #2771
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
@ monster

Thats falls back to my (there is a few exceptions to this tho)

I May have to re-watch, Mirialla to me is playing more of comms role than actually sending/receiving orders. One of the main responsibilities of first officer is to supervise comms as well, so that is a given.
For what it's worth, according to GundamOfficial, Kuzzey is the one who acts the communications operator for the ship. Miriallia is the one who oversees Archangel's mobile suits and mobile armors.
Quote:
But when it comes to kira athrun and small part of mwu (the main players) is where there is little to none decision making on behalf of AA
Well of course, because the focus is not on making realistic combat operations but on emphasizing the pilots. Those "few exceptions" you mentioned are the show's creator way of saying: "Okay, we're not going to show these type of combat coordination (no pun intended) often, but just accept that they happen to a certain degree behind the scenes. And with that out of the way, let's focus on the bling bling gundam."
Old 2012-01-13, 21:00   Link #2772
HasuMasu
*Artist

Finally got to watch the episode, damn I'm already fired up.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:30   Link #2773
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Spoiler for Comparison Pics from Ep4:

My wait was worth it.
Old 2012-01-14, 00:28   Link #2774
ssbb210

flay in special edition
ssbb210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 01:07   Link #2775
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Now that's what I call an improvement. All characters look better than before, not a mixed bag like the previous episodes.
Old 2012-01-14, 06:21   Link #2776
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbb210 View Post
flay in special edition
This.

is... just... funny..
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 10:30   Link #2777
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Spoiler for Special Ed scene:
LOL, HD Remaster scene is now more canon. But the gist of the scene is still the same. I think that the Spec Ed was just saving time.
Old 2012-01-14, 10:45   Link #2778
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Don't we have new newtype, animage or whatever you want scan since GS HD is airing ?
Old 2012-01-14, 10:47   Link #2779
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Don't we have new newtype, animage or whatever you want scan since GS HD is airing ?
Not yet, maybe next month.
Old 2012-01-15, 04:45   Link #2780
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Okawara steals SeeD mecha designs from fellow colleague during early planning stage ? :-

http://082.digi2.jp/library/kat/seedsuspicion.htm

The above link showcase some early drafts of the initial SeeD mecha designs with various comparisions. Readers are advise to make their own judgements about it.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep