AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 08:26   Link #281
kuromitsu

Spoiler for for Amata's wings:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 08:36   Link #282
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler for for Amata's wings:
Gen Fudo's explanation was the Alisia family were direct descendants of Apollonius and Celine.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 09:25   Link #283
magnuskn

Hm, I just noticed that Amatas and Kaguras hair/eye color combination is kind of reversed in both characters. Another sign, surely, that they are two halves of Apollonius?
Old 2012-01-16, 09:41   Link #284
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hm, I just noticed that Amatas and Kaguras hair/eye color combination is kind of reversed in both characters. Another sign, surely, that they are two halves of Apollonius?
It's not just them.

Mikono and Zessica also have reversed hair/eye colour combination.

This is also in consideration of the fact that the ED blatantly reveals certain things about Zessica.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 10:00   Link #285
mayumi

i have to agree. i think the the abductor world is the one from the series while the world with amata could be OVAs. Perhaps in that world silvia and apollo did have descendants. however the first episode shows the movie of the series not the OVA.

i hope both the red head guys get the girl. i am rooting for zessiccaxkagura, cause i think zessicca can handle kagura better than mikono can and amataxmikono pairing.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-01-16 at 12:01.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 10:01   Link #286
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's not just them.

Mikono and Zessica also have reversed hair/eye colour combination.

This is also in consideration of the fact that the ED blatantly reveals certain things about Zessica.
Huh, hadn't noticed the Mikono/Zessica thing until now, thanks! And true about the ED.
Old 2012-01-16, 11:27   Link #287
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
what do you mean by this? I haven't had the time or rather I don't watched ED much of an anime and just skip it. Is their something revealed there
Old 2012-01-16, 11:46   Link #288
Dahak86
Classics never age

haha, ep3... what a fun it was

Hope they can keep up this kind of light-hearted fanservice.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:44   Link #289
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

LOL at orz moment.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:50   Link #290
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

I was expecting a very cool move from Amata because of the song... I guessed wrong *bows down as well*
Old 2012-01-16, 13:15   Link #291
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Something makes me think that Kagura will end up on the other side by the end of the series...
Old 2012-01-16, 13:24   Link #292
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Like most of the people here, my fears have [hopefully] permanently subsided, as I liked how episode 3 was. It was tried-and-true Aquarion all the way (^,^); plenty of hijinks/comedy, an ending ep [mock]battle with a dash of seriousness here and there =03. I'm kinda disappointed that Fudou isn't going to command this operation anytime soon though. Hopefully sooner rather than later, an Abductor battle will cause The Wall to be destroyed.

The opening certainly portrays Zessica up there with Mikono practically. The glasses blonde has a Sirius feeling to him too. Mix's breasts are even bigger than Zessica's (O.o)(gotta love fanservice =03)

I'm not disproving your theory, but I never got that feeling. I still don't think Kagura is Apollo's incarnation, and even moreso this Mikage being Touma's. My initial impression was that 'how a Shadow Angel can be reincarnated into another Shadow Angel when Futaba was the last SA to have been born?'. Well, it could be some "oh Futaba wasn't the last SA because in some corner of the Tree of Life there was one more" type of scenario to happen, but who knows. Maybe I'll think about that theory for a minute.

edit: Looks like I'm gonna have to find the OVAs. Only thing I remember about them was Apollo kicking Reika's ass(I only watched ep 1), but I think it might be necessary for comparisons and links to the new series. Why couldn't they just made them an extra on the dvds, lol?
I didn't finish episode 3 because for some reason none of the downloads are working and I just found an online stream...but Touma said that Kagura awakened Aquarion. Don't you find that interesting?

I have a question, does Amata use Solar Aquarion in this episode. I have to run out so I can't watch it till I come back but I can check this thread before I come home. If he does use it, is Mikono in it?

I ask this because, I wasn't going to say this until I can actually sit down and do a lengthy explainaition but.... Solar Aquarion is the one that Apollo was the "head" and the one that has Apollonious' soul in it. The times Solar Aquarion was used. it failed unless the union had both Apollo and Sylvia. You need the power of an angel to awaken Solar Aquarion..most of the times Solar Aquarion was victorious Sylvia and Apollo had to be in the vectors. Even if one wasn't a pilot, they contrived ways to get them both in the vectors. Otherwise they used Aquarion Lunar or Aquarion Mars with someone else as the head, to save the day

*edit* Sousei Gattai is a command that is only known by Apollo (and Sylvia because she was a part of the union when Apollo awakened it) That awakens Aquarion. In the original they only knew of "Nenshin Gattai" the command that was used for Aquarion Lunar and/or Aquarion Mars. Solar Aquarion was the awakened form. Apollo called out to it but he wasn't an angel and Sylvia was also in the vector when he awakened it. The end of the series and OVA Touma and Apollo say that you need the power of a "shadow angel" to fully use Aquarion

Amata has wings on his feet and he can levitate. Sylvia had wings on her arms and Sylvia had Psychokinetic powers and could levitate things.

Apollo was a HUMAN. Apolloionus without his wings was still an angel. Sylvia being a descendant of Apollionius and Ceiliane had FEATHERS because she was not fully human

In the end of the OVA and Series both Celiane and Apollo were needed to save the world. In the ova the remade the UNIVERSE. So everything began from Sylvia and Apollo not Ceiliane and Apollionous and that's why I believe EVOL has the statue of Apollo and Syliva unlike the original series because they created parallel dimensions and I didn't get a chance to finish my replies to you because LIFE called...Apollionus started out a BAD GUY he changed when he fell in love. He also calls her smelly and stinking just like Apollo used to say about Sylvia and this is extreme yaoi bait but who said he was smelling only Mikono and Amata could be his uke (I like yaoi )

Anyhoo I have to go but suffice it to say, I think that this is an alternate retelling of Ceilaine and Apolionus and how they met and fell in loved and he was changed--but is shown with Sylvia and Apollo and their incarnations because those two are fated

Apollo was Human and Sylvia wasn't fully human. I think Amata can awaken Aquarion because he's a descendant of the a Shadow Angel but he's not the reincarnation of Apollo, Kagura is

Gong to say nearly the same later but with screenshots unless the subs of episode 3 makes me change my mind about some things

This is a theory of mine and not what I consider truth...I am just speculating

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-01-16 at 13:40.
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 14:58   Link #293
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I didn't finish episode 3 because for some reason none of the downloads are working and I just found an online stream...but Touma said that Kagura awakened Aquarion. Don't you find that interesting?
It was Izumo (Mykage is still sleeping in his crystal), but he said that it was Kagura's fault that Aquarion had awoken. By which he means, if Kagura just went home like he was supposed to then Amata wouldn't have been provoked to use his power and by proxy, awaken Aquarion.

Quote:
I have a question, does Amata use Solar Aquarion in this episode.
In short - no. XD

Quote:
He also calls her smelly and stinking just like Apollo used to say about Sylvia and this is extreme yaoi bait but who said he was smelling only Mikono and Amata could be his uke (I like yaoi )
Kagura himself said that. ^^;; He specifically said "woman" and the camera showed Mikono. (Besides, there's Cayenne's vision of Kagura and Mikono's black wedding.) Then again, who knows, I'm pretty sure there are going to be some plot twists along the line, like in the original series.

As for theories, I decided to just roll with whatever the show throws me - otherwise it'll just make my head hurt. 8D
Old 2012-01-16, 15:24   Link #294
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
It was Izumo (Mykage is still sleeping in his crystal), but he said that it was Kagura's fault that Aquarion had awoken. By which he means, if Kagura just went home like he was supposed to then Amata wouldn't have been provoked to use his power and by proxy, awaken Aquarion.
You said "by- proxy" you know...that means that Amata is using the power of another and not his own, right?

Also that's an assumption and although it's a logical one it's still an assumption. He could have meant exactly that or it could have a deeper meaning.

I just find it odd that you don't see Apollo or Apollionious when he's in Aquarion. You just see "wings" something most angels and human-angel hybrids have you see the "feathers" but you saw feathers when Sylvia used her powers. Most of the time they were a light color and Apollo's were ORANGE dark Orange most of the times.

The Solar Wing is Aquarion and Apollionus could fly like all angels could. but Apollo was different because he was FULLY human. Apollo's element powers had nothing to do with "gravity" only Sylvia. Sylvia also possessed some powers of shadow angels. Apollo did not because he only had part of the soul. His powers were strength and agility and his "beast like nature" The rest was inside of Aquarion. Also Apollionus was once the Angel of Slaughter and Toma's right hand man..
Edit: Something Kagura seems to be to Mikage

Quote:
In short - no. XD
Probably safe to say, he won't unless Mikono is there but I really wished they also used Aquarion Mars and Aquarion Luna as well in this series. I liked them as well

Quote:
Kagura himself said that. ^^;; He specifically said "woman" and the camera showed Mikono. (Besides, there's Cayenne's vision of Kagura and Mikono's black wedding.) Then again, who knows, I'm pretty sure there are going to be some plot twists along the line, like in the original series.
He said that he smelled her and although he told her to "come out" when he first saw her, he saw her with Amata. It could be that he smelled both of them and not just the female. If they're two halves of the same whole, it's not really an Issue only Mikono was in the prophecy if Amata is her other half. That and "why" was Mikono marrying Kagura and NOT Amato? If she's not going to be his eventually?

Quote:
As for theories, I decided to just roll with whatever the show throws me - otherwise it'll just make my head hurt. 8D
Speculating is fun and the ova had the "Wings of Betrayal" there was a "false wing" and a "true wing" the former was believed to be the latter and the latter was mistakenly assumed to be the former...and it was a major plot-point

So it looks familiar although part of it is because I want to get rid of Amata and replace him with Kagura so a lot of my opinion could be because of that, so I am looking for signs that this is indeed true but I also really think that the OVA has a lot to do with it. Given the way Kawamori views "Canon" it's possible that's all

yay for run-on sentences!

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-01-16 at 15:32. Reason: edited and I wanted to say "yay for run-on sentences!"
Old 2012-01-16, 15:55   Link #295
kuromitsu

Quote:
You said "by- proxy" you know...that means that Amata is using the power of another and not his own, right?
I are ESL person so I might not have phrased it right, but what I meant was that it was because of Kagura threatening Mikono that Amata used his power which led to the awakening of Aquarion - much like what happened to Apollo in the first episode of srs 1, btw. It's just that here in the end the entire thing is Kagura's fault.

Quote:
Also that's an assumption and although it's a logical one it's still an assumption. He could have meant exactly that or it could have a deeper meaning.
Maybe, maybe not. We didn't really see Kagura have any special reactions, though, aside of recognizing the Solar Wings and declaring that something smelled foul (heh).

Quote:
He said that he smelled her and although he told her to "come out" when he first saw her, he saw her with Amata. It could be that he smelled both of them and not just the female.
If they're two halves of the same whole, it's not really an Issue only Mikono was in the prophecy if Amata is her other half. That and "why" was Mikono marrying Kagura and NOT Amato? If she's not going to be his eventually?
We'll see? It's a possibility that Kagura really smelled Amata's past life or whatever, but what he smelled was definitely female, he said it at least twice.

Quote:
So it looks familiar although part of it is because I want to get rid of Amata and replace him with Kagura so a lot of my opinion could be because of that
Me, I like Amata a lot... And regardless of personal feelings, it doesn't seem like either Amata or Kagura are going anywhere soon, so...
Old 2012-01-16, 16:05   Link #296
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Interesting what is lost 12,000 years after. Deava Elements at least knew that they were reincarnated from Elements during Atlandia-Sangrila war between Shadow Angels and Humans 12,000 years beforehand. Neo Deava doesn't have a clue about Solar Wings Apollinius nor about reincarnation.

I find also intriguing that Amata's power anti-gravity is the direct opposite of what Gen Fudo taught Apollo and the Elements to connect with the Earth. That and his feet has wings much like Shadow Angel Futaba who was slaughtered to create the Assault Aquarion systems.
Spoiler for Futaba:

Spoiler for wingss:
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 16:33   Link #297
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Spoiler for wingss:
He couldn't rip them out and we see the signature wings but they're not necessarily on his back. Even Apollo didn't have them because he was human

The power he suppressed with those boots were in his FEET. Not on his back. The same way the armbands kept Sirius's and Sylvia's feathers on their WRISTS hidden
Old 2012-01-16, 17:49   Link #298
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Somebody on another forum brought up the character Andy, and I realized something quite interesting, so I'll copy+paste what I replied to him:

I'm calling it now; Andy and Mix will be a couple. It's actually the perfect pairing; she's a strict man-hater with a lot of pride who gets on peoples' cases, and Andy is the light-hearted, easy-to-get-along-with guy who's determined to hit on the girls. Opposites attract as they say, and this would make a great opposites relationship.
Old 2012-01-16, 18:08   Link #299
cyoti

Quote:
He couldn't rip them out and we see the signature wings but they're not necessarily on his back. Even Apollo didn't have them because he was human

The power he suppressed with those boots were in his FEET. Not on his back. The same way the armbands kept Sirius's and Sylvia's feathers on their WRISTS hidden
Apollo was fully human so no wings. Amata is clearly an Angel-Human hybrid like Sirius and Sylvia, but he ripped out the ones in the ankles and now has wings on his back whenever his powers manifest fully in Aquarion.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:17   Link #300
KBTKaiser

No, I think the feet wings will still manifest if Amata wills it strong enough. Just before they stopped in midair, his feet wings were in full blown display. It's the back wings that are plot weaponry.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction