Old 2012-06-26, 14:50   Link #2341
gordol
Banned

Lancelot Grail details
Spoiler for pic:
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 15:03   Link #2342
Destined_Fate

They really love making Lancelot Variants, huh?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 15:39   Link #2343
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Strangely, though, the weaponry seems to be different from what was described on the Oz website. (It said that it had only 1 Factsphere and no Blaze Luminous, yet this image clearly shows two of the former and the Blaze Luminous is listed in its armaments.) Guess they made a mistake on the website.

Anyway, the whole thing seems to revolve around using swords in variety different ways, including a Harken-fired version. (Now that one seems fun.) In some ways, the Grail is a bit more like the Guren, since it focuses purely on close-combat, while the original Lancelot was more of an "all-around" type. Still, it doesn't say whether the swords are MVS, instead calling them "Shurotta" Steel swords. (At least, that's my initial translation of it. Anyone have any idea what "Shurotta" is supposed to be?)

As for the Gloucester and Sutherland Glinda-variants, I don't like the coloring so much (the red with yellow highlights just look ugly compared to the Lancelot Grail for some reason), but since manga is black and white, I suppose it doesn't matter much. But since it seems that the other Glinda Knight pilots will be getting their own prototype "Knights of Round" nightmares eventually, these Gloucesters and Sutherlands will likely be replaced soon enough.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 17:07   Link #2344
gordol
Banned

The Sword Blazer uses the Luminous Blazer technology to do something, gonna need a translation on that
Old 2012-06-26, 17:57   Link #2345
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Here's a translation of what it says about the "Sword Blazer":

Spoiler for Sword Blazer:

From this information, we can infer that these "Schroeder Steel swords" (Schroeder a german name like "Schneizel" is, and the only word that fits "Shurotta" as far as I know) are made of a special metal different from the MVS, and is apparently capable of "wearing" the Blaze Luminous on top of it. (Though apparently its still an experimental metal, since it can only take a single use.) So instead of being a "beam saber" like for mobile suits, this Sword Blazer seems to be more like an enhancement onto a physical sword. This is probably the original prototype weapon that was abandoned because of its high material cost in terms of swords for the "Needle Blazer" of the Vincent. It will definitely be interesting to see in the manga.
Old 2012-06-26, 18:41   Link #2346
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Here's a translation of what it says about the "Sword Blazer":

Spoiler for Sword Blazer:

From this information, we can infer that these "Schroeder Steel swords" (Schroeder a german name like "Schneizel" is, and the only word that fits "Shurotta" as far as I know) are made of a special metal different from the MVS, and is apparently capable of "wearing" the Blaze Luminous on top of it. (Though apparently its still an experimental metal, since it can only take a single use.) So instead of being a "beam saber" like for mobile suits, this Sword Blazer seems to be more like an enhancement onto a physical sword. This is probably the original prototype weapon that was abandoned because of its high material cost in terms of swords for the "Needle Blazer" of the Vincent. It will definitely be interesting to see in the manga.
Thanks, what does the Sword Harken paragraph says?
Old 2012-06-26, 19:05   Link #2347
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

A lot of translating tonight, but since it's Code Geass, I don't mind. Anyway, here's the translation for the Sword Harken section:

Spoiler for Sword Harken:

A pretty simple setup, it seems. From the pictures, each "Sword Harken" unit is equipped with two swords at a time, which likely act as stabbing weapons when fired at enemy units. Although it's not the most revolutionary of weapons, it can be even more effective than the Slash Harken, if used properly. (So the Grail has, in total, four Harkens: two are Slash Harkens on the hips, while another two are Sword Harkens on the back.) This "Schroeder" metal must be pretty strong, though, if it's able to take that take of constant use.
Old 2012-06-26, 21:27   Link #2348
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Also, here's the explanation for the Schroeder Steel Sword:

Spoiler for Schroeder Steel Sword:

From what I can tell, this Schroeder Steel Sword is an alternative to both the MVS and Needle Blazer technology, but was never mass-produced because it appears to be so costly to make and replace. I hope we get at least a bit more information on this Schroeder Steel alloy, since it's the first time we're hearing of it in the CG universe.
Old 2012-06-26, 22:58   Link #2349
gordol
Banned

thanks for the translations!
Old 2012-07-01, 14:22   Link #2350
gordol
Banned

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2012-07-03, 22:26   Link #2351
Auron Requies

Woah, that Lancelot Grail is badass. Iirc, there should be knightmare generations with the Lancelot Albion being a 9th (I think?) COuld this Lancelot Grail still be a 9th or perhaps a 10th generation?
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:56   Link #2352
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
Woah, that Lancelot Grail is badass. Iirc, there should be knightmare generations with the Lancelot Albion being a 9th (I think?) COuld this Lancelot Grail still be a 9th or perhaps a 10th generation?
It's 8th generation. Albion was developed much later.
Or even 7th generation.

Quote:
The red Lancelot that Oldrin pilots.
A machine improved from the “prototype Lancelot” that is put together with several of the Lancelot’s constructed spare parts and built as the prototype of the Lancelot’s mass-production model Vincent. The two Factspheres have been decreased to one, the four Slash Harkens have been decreased to two, the Blaze Luminous and MVS have been abandoned, and its overall specifications have been lowered, but in exchange it’s equipped with an experimental armament instead.
Lancelot -> Lancelot Conquista -> Lancelot Albion (7->8->9)

With Grail being Lancelot Z-01 successor - it is either 8th, or 7++ generation
Old 2012-07-04, 06:04   Link #2353
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

It's 7th generation, since it's the prototype for the Vincent mass-production model. Also, the other members of the Glinda Knights are also apparently going to pilot the 7th generation prototypes of the Knights of Rounds 8th generation Knightmares, so we'll be seeing more new designs as time goes on.
Old 2012-07-04, 12:17   Link #2354
Auron Requies

^ Thanks for the replies. Its been a while since I've looked up CG Mecha, and getting that nostalgic feeling of the Kmf battles, especially with the roller blade-style charm that Code Geass pulled off. Lancelot vs Guren, those were the days.

So Lancelot Grail is another prototype for mass production huh? I know that looks are deceiving + the fact that this was definitely made years after R2 ended + the story setting is again in between seasons, but to me, Lancelot Grail looks so ferocious, that I'm surprised it's to be considered a lower-spec version of Lancelot for mass-production.

At least more CG material is being made, especially with the upcoming of Akito. The wait for CG stories seem to have paid off =D
Old 2012-07-04, 12:45   Link #2355
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

If you want more information on the Lancelot Grail and its enemy counterpart, the Byakuen, you can look them up on the Code Geass wiki. All the information that has currently been released on them has been uploaded there.
Old 2012-07-05, 00:46   Link #2356
Auron Requies

Yeh I had a look after just remembering there was one. It sure has change since last I looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Also, the other members of the Glinda Knights are also apparently going to pilot the 7th generation prototypes of the Knights of Rounds 8th generation Knightmares, so we'll be seeing more new designs as time goes on.
I'd love to see that, especially since we didn't get to see Dorothea (Knight of 4) and Monica's (Knight of 12) KmF's. There was word that they were just using standard commander models (eg. Vincents), but thats such a waste considering the other members had custom models. It was also a waste when they offed Monica
Old 2012-07-05, 06:34   Link #2357
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, since there are only three other pilots in the Glinda Knights, it will probably only be the prototypes of the Tristan, Mordred and Percival. (It's already been confirmed that Leonhard Steiner will be piloting the Bradford, the prototype of the Tristan.) So I'm afraid we won't be seeing anything new on the machines of the other Knights of Rounds.

However,
Spoiler for Oz Manga Spoilers:
Old 2012-07-05, 06:39   Link #2358
rinichan

Then we might see who Suzaku replaces... I mean the original knight of seven???
I have a question about OZ, which timeline is this? supposed to be?
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 06:45   Link #2359
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinichan View Post
Then we might see who Suzaku replaces... I mean the original knight of seven???
I have a question about OZ, which timeline is this? supposed to be?
No, Oz the Reflection occurs AFTER R1 and before R2, so Suzaku has already become the Knight of Seven here. (From what I can tell, this manga/photo story is supposed to fill in the "time gap" between the two seasons and what happened in the world while Lelouch's memories were sealed.) Though, if we do see characters from the anime like Suzaku and the other Knights of Rounds, it will probably only be brief appearances, or perhaps a bit longer if the characters were particularly underdeveloped in the CG anime. (Like Monica and Dorothea, for instance.)
Old 2012-07-05, 06:48   Link #2360
rinichan

[News] Code Geass x Pasela

Hey anyone know about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by code geass lj

Goro latest interview
More here
What are they saying there?
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags