AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 03:14   Link #23481
RexDraco
Dragon King

Location: Internet writing fanfictions, novels, and doing art
Send a message via AIM to RexDraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Interesting note, if Ikeda had kept to his original proto-type of Rosario+Vampire, it most likely would have been a lot darker than it is now. Ura Moka was much more blood-thirsty and didn't have her 'pride' to get in her way of enjoying killing people. I can't remember if they were in a human school or not for the location.
It seemed they were in the human world, mixed in similar to how Kanokon does it in terms of hiding among the humans. Unsealed she was really brutal even had Vampiric touch which was cool (sucked them dry by touch!)

Actually wrote a fic continuing from the Pilot chapter it is pretty dark.

And indeed RV is still light-hearted. If I must define what light heartedis, they are still making jokes. Note how

Spoiler for Spoiler to current chapters:

Something like that is silly! There are still jokes about and moments. Things indeed got serious, thank you for noting the difference Magin.

Spoiler for Spoiler on current chapter:

Not dark. Hellsing is far more violent and Evangelion is dark. Heck even Trigun had those moments of "this sh-- is f'ked up."

This? This is a proper monster flick. I love every second of it. I like how they are showing the fruits of not only their labors, but the villains as well, they had goals too!

Dark would be the girls dying or being brutally maimed limb missing and left for dead.

That is my opinion which I entitle myself to.

Every time you review a fanfiction, a chapter gets complete.
RexDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 05:31   Link #23482
Xion Valkyrie

It's only dark if good guys die or have irreparable things done to them. Right now things might seem dire but everyone is going to come out okay and a lot of bad guys are going to be redeemed.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 05:33   Link #23483
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It's only dark if good guys die or have irreparable things done to them. Right now things might seem dire but everyone is going to come out okay and a lot of bad guys are going to be redeemed.
Not even...it takes a whole lot more to shift a manga from shounen battle to dark themed.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 10:53   Link #23484
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heh, this is the most I've seen you write outside of review replies, Ou-Rex.

Having a good guy die doesn't make something dark - look at Gurren Lagaan. Sure, Simon went into a pit of despair because of it but it only lasted an episode and it was right back. There might be dark chapters or darker stories tied into the main story but having one or two incidents doesn't shift the overall direction. As for Tsukune getting injected, it was treated as a power-up but the power-up came with a warning and there was always the fear that something could go wrong - and then it did.

The entire arc with the Outcast Ayashi was the darkest arc - even compared to this one. For me, it's because it happened while at the school and it was also when Tsukune was in danger of losing more than his life - his very sanity and personality, which the girls adored him for. There was the very real presence of danger in that time, not only to Tsukune, but to the other girls as well because the danger was so close (within the school).

But (thankfully) Ikeda loves comedy so he's kept it from getting too serious by putting some stuff in now and again. I mean, really Ruby...?
Old 2012-12-29, 13:42   Link #23485
GrimJack

having seen the table of contents I just want to tell you guys the chapter has only 20 pages, seriously jump square must be cutting the pages its mangaka get Claymore only 25 and R+V 20...

but next month is colour page though marking as is semi traditional the release of volume 12
Old 2012-12-29, 13:57   Link #23486
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, 15 pages last month, 20 pages this month...

What is this, Sekirei?

Slow plot with small chapter counts... I guess this really will take another 2 years just to finish this arc.

Hate to say it, but I'm at the point of where I'd rather have the series just end than drag on like it has.
Old 2012-12-29, 14:02   Link #23487
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

What is this, Sekirei?

Slow plot with small chapter counts... I guess this really will take another 2 years just to finish this arc.

Hate to say it, but I'm at the point of where I'd rather have the series just end than drag on like it has.
give it a rest... long holidays...christmas and now new year... so not much time to work if you have a family on head who wants to visit rest of family...

now as it ended author might have more time to work on it... besides he mostly had to draw so he could put it into a volume.... so next volume could start with 40+ pages one
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 16:25   Link #23488
khprincessh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

What is this, Sekirei?

chill out he has other stuff to do...not just this manga.... :|
Old 2012-12-29, 16:37   Link #23489
DarkRaven
GOD

well compared to last month i think 20 pages is okay .. like they said he must be busy it's the holidays after all so perhaps next issue we'll have to usual 30 pages or more..
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 16:56   Link #23490
GrimJack

I think it has more to do with Jump Square though Claymore has also seen a reduction in the number of pages, it is the editors who decide how many pages each title recieves not the mangaka.

I would have to examine the ToC closely to see if it is right though
Old 2012-12-29, 17:57   Link #23491
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
chill out he has other stuff to do...not just this manga.... :|
Not that it matters to me as long as we get something, but it is his job, right? I worked to the bone until the 24th and didn't get to slack off just because it's December. It's not all holiday cheer the entire month so cut KLG some slack...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 18:37   Link #23492
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not that it matters to me as long as we get something, but it is his job, right? I worked to the bone until the 24th and didn't get to slack off just because it's December. It's not all holiday cheer the entire month so cut KLG some slack...
just remember it is the editors that make the page counts not the mangaka. Also with the next volume comeing out next month it is just as likely he did have other stuff to do, ie work on it.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:31   Link #23493
Tachibana
タチバナ

Even if it's 20 pages thats fine, Ikeda deserves to enjoy his holidays, at least we'll get a small chapter instead of not getting one at all.
Old 2012-12-30, 03:35   Link #23494
shakes12

60 raw is out go to mangafox
http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/21...and-Raw-Thread
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 04:02   Link #23495
ragez2010
TamingSari

Spoiler for moka:

edit link delete

Last edited by ragez2010; 2012-12-30 at 04:27.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 04:22   Link #23496
Chris38

Don't post links to the raws, since it's against the forum rules.

As for the chapter itself:

Spoiler for 60:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 04:59   Link #23497
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Don't post links to the raws, since it's against the forum rules.

As for the chapter itself:

Spoiler for 60:
well the answer is
Spoiler for ...:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 05:02   Link #23498
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

So did we get 2 chapters this month or is this next month's chapter?
Old 2012-12-30, 05:22   Link #23499
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
It,s next months. But the magazine comes out during the first week of the month so it would have been out during this week.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 05:23   Link #23500
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
It's the next month's chapter.

@zibi

Spoiler for 60:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire