AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-28, 11:15   Link #9381
Jimmy C

Signum got slashed, not stabbed. And if Vita can survive being impaled, Signum can probably survive being slashed like that but not sliced.
Old 2010-05-28, 11:21   Link #9382
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Signum got slashed, not stabbed. And if Vita can survive being impaled, Signum can probably survive being slashed like that but not sliced.
The slash is the least of my concerns, actually. That one Divider sword lodged in her stomach, however... And I am made particularly uncomfortable by Cypha's words earlier that she used that very sword to "devour her victim's souls" or something like that.

PS: Those scans... where are they from, exactly? AFAIK Force chapters are published on the 30th of every month now...
Old 2010-05-28, 11:25   Link #9383
aers
*Fansubber

People who work at stores in Japan that get copies in early (or any other such place that could get a copy in early) tend to take a few pictures of the chapters before the release date every month. I suppose it could also be a store breaking street date.
Old 2010-05-28, 14:27   Link #9384
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

ViVid summary thing, y0.

Skim, skim, Corona looks awesome, skim, looks like Erio and Fate are fighting on equal terms [zomg he has 100 more points than her], skim, skim, Teana's idea was for Ein to fight Nanoha after Vivio comes back? wot. Need to less skim and read moar but (ry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
What, you don't like it when they segue to
Meanwhile, In The Future?
Well at first I thought it was like that until it showed how he met Subaru and all the Numbers and even Alto being there. <_>
The Movie 1st one was cute though.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-05-28, 16:33   Link #9385
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I dunno, maybe. ^^ Didn't Hayate and Rein have to separate when the Cradle's AMF hit them? Since the AMF attacks the linking between the Device and its master, it may be possible for the master to sever the connection...
A master can usually sever it at any time, unless they can't really handle the unison device, in which case the unison device can literally take over the person. As far as the end of StrikerS is concerned, there was already an AMF field present; what forced the separation of Hayate and Rein was the total cutting of magical links. Without magic to retain the unison, they separated.

My guess is, Signum forced the separation to save Agito in case she was gonna die. Although it could have been canceled normally from too much damage.
Old 2010-05-28, 16:34   Link #9386
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Can I haz Caro/Lutecia battle please? ;-;
Old 2010-05-28, 17:03   Link #9387
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
People who work at stores in Japan that get copies in early (or any other such place that could get a copy in early) tend to take a few pictures of the chapters before the release date every month. I suppose it could also be a store breaking street date.
Thanks. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
A master can usually sever it at any time, unless they can't really handle the unison device, in which case the unison device can literally take over the person. As far as the end of StrikerS is concerned, there was already an AMF field present; what forced the separation of Hayate and Rein was the total cutting of magical links. Without magic to retain the unison, they separated.

My guess is, Signum forced the separation to save Agito in case she was gonna die. Although it could have been canceled normally from too much damage.
Yeah, that sounds very much like Signum...
Old 2010-05-29, 00:16   Link #9388
Password

Hmm... you know, the last time that a Unison Device received this much damage, it led to quite a bit of info on Reinforce Eins and the Wolkenritter as Rein received various dreams from the past.

What are the chances of something similar being used during Signum and Agito's recovery, to shed some light into the hinted ancient history they shared?
Old 2010-05-29, 00:22   Link #9389
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
Hmm... you know, the last time that a Unison Device received this much damage, it led to quite a bit of info on Reinforce Eins and the Wolkenritter as Rein received various dreams from the past.

What are the chances of something similar being used during Signum and Agito's recovery, to shed some light into the hinted ancient history they shared?
Or didn't share, as has been discussed.
Old 2010-05-29, 06:24   Link #9390
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
PS: I suck at lurking, just registered to post in this thread. -__-
Awesome name + avatar for a lurker.

Agito was lying facedown on a branch wasn't she? Can't tell how much damage she's suffered I think.
Old 2010-05-29, 07:04   Link #9391
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Awesome name + avatar for a lurker.
Thanks. ^^

Quote:
Agito was lying facedown on a branch wasn't she? Can't tell how much damage she's suffered I think.
Well, if she were wounded, I think she'd be dripping blood (or whatever the Unison Devices have for blood) in that position...
Old 2010-05-29, 09:10   Link #9392
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post

Was it ever confirmed that Agito and Signum even share ancient history? Certainly there was some speculation about it and some small hints dropped, but I don't think it was ever confirmed that the two had been partners while Signum was still human or whatever.
Old 2010-05-29, 09:38   Link #9393
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It wasn't. All we have are the vague hints and the speculation.
Old 2010-05-29, 11:09   Link #9394
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Hi res of the new Force Next
Old 2010-05-29, 12:19   Link #9395
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
On a side note, poor Agito, her masters just keep getting themselves stabbed. -__-
Sort of an occupational hazard that comes with being a Knight really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
snipy.
Well the issue here is you seem to be applying reasonable HUMAN healing times here. Given that Vita got freaking IMPALED and didn't just not die she kept walking and fighting for an extended period afterwards and seems to have recovered quite rapidly that's a suspect take. They're close to human, but they still ain't human by any stretch.

Given that canon has already given us an example of superhuman durability and apparently recovery time having Signum back up for a rematch wouldn't be outlandish. I mean the soundstages talk about Nanoha's injuries, but IIRC never even mention Vita's. Now sure you could argue she's just getting the shaft, but then again Nanoha overstressed her body, Vita got fucking stabbed through the chest. That's easily the most serious injury anyone took during the entire season, but it's not even mentioned that she was off duty or had a long recovery.

Personally this doesn't really bother me, she's been worfed and established the threat so that job is done. So for me at least forcing her to sit out the entire rest of the story in the name of "realism" (when the character in question is a magical programing from an evil book...) is just being spiteful. Let her come back and and take her revenge for being forced to be the upper teir character that had to Job early to prove how serious it was.

Also, all of the the above has nothing at all to do with my love of her and burning desire to she her enact terrible bloody vengeance for this gross misdeed against her character. I'm totally being objective here!

Old 2010-05-29, 13:27   Link #9396
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Spoiler for aers you bum I thought you were gunna do this:
Batman.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-05-29, 16:41   Link #9397
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Teaser from movie comics. Too lazy to upload myself, but you can find them here by just scrolling down a bit.
http://ivory.ap.teacup.com/nagaharuhenyo2/2076.html

Another chapter of stalemate~

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-05-29 at 16:56.
Old 2010-05-29, 16:46   Link #9398
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Oh, flashbacks ahoy. Yay. Probably going to be the ghost of Linith giving Fate advice or something.
Old 2010-05-29, 16:57   Link #9399
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Or maybe a little history on why Arf thinks Nanoha can't beat Fate.
Old 2010-05-29, 17:04   Link #9400
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
That looks horribly like Accelerator carrying that device.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen