AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-05-27, 06:19   Link #2221
shishio

I've watched Aria until episode 5 and truthfully, I've been scratching my head ever since. It's like they simply put in the scenes which they like and throw away all the context. I don't get some of the scenes either and they make Kinji act like an idiot (Is that really his character?) and Aria an immature brat.

For me, this series is just passable but this series is still watchable and I'll probably stick to it till the end.
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 07:02   Link #2222
tsunade666

Kinji... idiot.... well his worse than that actually if they show his monolog. His in the line of the easily to be hated and worst Hero to the best and most bada^s hero.

As for Aria.... she is adorable and might act immature but she just can't express her feelings more because in her past she was always alone and even her family treated her..... well a defect. She is a descendant of Holmes but she didn't inherit the most important ability of Holmes. His brain/intelligence. She inherit his instincts but because she can't explain it. She was treated as a failure.

If you watched the latest episode even though its a bit disappointing for me. She has sharp instincts and she haven't make mistakes yet in that aspect but because she can't explain it. No one trust her and was always left alone. That's why she is ARIA.
Old 2011-05-27, 07:07   Link #2223
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishio View Post
I've watched Aria until episode 5 and truthfully, I've been scratching my head ever since. It's like they simply put in the scenes which they like and throw away all the context. I don't get some of the scenes either and they make Kinji act like an idiot (Is that really his character?) and Aria an immature brat.

For me, this series is just passable but this series is still watchable and I'll probably stick to it till the end.

Have you ever read an action Light Novel?

In one split second, the protagonist contemplated a two inch thick paragraph of words, going through conditions, speculations, possibilities, concerns, reasons, deductions etc. Within that two inch paragraph the author can squeeze in whatever information he or she wants to explain the eventual action the hero or villain takes and it wouldn't break the flow of the story because time freezes and everything can make sense. Hell, you can even toss in a history/Science lesson or two.

But this doesn't work for anime because everything is in real time (to us).
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 08:49   Link #2224
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

It's been done in anime before.

"Guh"+Screen flash - Cue Male Protagonist's eyes bulging for an instant, then echo-ey voice to explain as much as needed while time slows to a trickle.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 08:54   Link #2225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
It's been done in anime before.

"Guh"+Screen flash - Cue Male Protagonist's eyes bulging for an instant, then echo-ey voice to explain as much as needed while time slows to a trickle.
Maybe for one or two scenes, but there's an element of risk that it would interrupt the flow of the battle.
Old 2011-05-27, 08:56   Link #2226
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

No worries, just include some slow motion shots of a bullet flying through the air or the antagonist laughing maniacally.
Old 2011-05-27, 09:04   Link #2227
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I suggest Toaru, but even that has its detractors...
Old 2011-05-27, 09:44   Link #2228
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Have you ever read an action Light Novel?

In one split second, the protagonist contemplated a two inch thick paragraph of words, going through conditions, speculations, possibilities, concerns, reasons, deductions etc. Within that two inch paragraph the author can squeeze in whatever information he or she wants to explain the eventual action the hero or villain takes and it wouldn't break the flow of the story because time freezes and everything can make sense. Hell, you can even toss in a history/Science lesson or two.

But this doesn't work for anime because everything is in real time (to us).
Yeah but reading these (Itsuten, Index I'm looking at you) and you mentally imagining the scene at the same time can leave you feel a little....exhausted. Or more accurately, out of breath.
Old 2011-05-27, 09:50   Link #2229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
No worries, just include some slow motion shots of a bullet flying through the air or the antagonist laughing maniacally.
Well, sometimes it's not that easy. Sometimes it's not from the character's pov, but from the narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yeah but reading these (Itsuten, Index I'm looking at you) and you mentally imagining the scene at the same time can leave you feel a little....exhausted. Or more accurately, out of breath.
Most of the time those five paragraphs of text translate to only 2 seconds of action in real time
Old 2011-05-27, 11:47   Link #2230
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, sometimes it's not that easy. Sometimes it's not from the character's pov, but from the narrative.

Most of the time those five paragraphs of text translate to only 2 seconds of action in real time
Which if it involves dialogue you got to wonder....how the heck do people argue for loads of lines and fight a common enemy that greatly overpowers them at the same time and it translates to just 2 seconds real time....do they have speed talking skill or what...
Old 2011-05-27, 13:44   Link #2231
Kagatob

Send a message via AIM to Kagatob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Which if it involves dialogue you got to wonder....how the heck do people argue for loads of lines and fight a common enemy that greatly overpowers them at the same time and it translates to just 2 seconds real time....do they have speed talking skill or what...
While the 'best' response would be suspension of disbelief, the correct response is the simple fact that they don't have the time to include every little inner-monologue that the characters would have in those situations. Therefore your choices are either, overlap dialog and action so you can take out two birds with one stone, or pick out what you think is the important dialog and remove the 'filler'. Usually the latter is done without much of a hitch, but sometimes (thankfully rarely) there are less than optimal decisions made by whoever is making that choice, the example that comes to mind for me would be Index II when Accelerator tosses the building, I don't see that it would have taken that much effort to replace the narrator's explanation of the situation in the novel with Accelerator simply stating that he was borrowing the earth's rotation in the show, it worked before with the blood flow reversal in Index I. That was a needless change IMO.
Kagatob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 14:24   Link #2232
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Ahahahahah, tsubame gaeshi nano~~~~

Yuri awesomeness.

Kinji looks like a badass.

Last edited by Icy.Tear; 2011-05-27 at 14:40.
Old 2011-05-27, 14:47   Link #2233
tsunade666

^ what are you talking about yoake? AA? the last chapter of vol 01 or rather the last couple of page and specially the last page blow my mind away

Aside from Yuri win
Old 2011-05-27, 14:49   Link #2234
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Yeah, if you can read Japanese, Shino-chan pulls out Tsubame Gaeshi and Monohoshizao, which translates to "Washing Pole" ^^

And then Kinji comes in looking like a serial killer.

Ahahaha
Old 2011-05-27, 14:58   Link #2235
tsunade666

oujo-sama yandere characters that wield long katana are definitely hard to dealt with. But nice fight between the two girls... ... now if I only know the name of the 3 girls..... I don't have any clue on who is the little girl which is adores Aria, then the oujo yandere girl and the ponytail girl.

Kinji in the end of the volume looks like he was about to hunt someone.
Old 2011-05-27, 15:03   Link #2236
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Akari - Main Character - Girl who adores Aria
Shino - Yandere
Raika - Ponytail girl.

I forget their other names.
Old 2011-06-02, 20:49   Link #2237
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
wtf descendant of Jeanne D'Arc O.o She actually looks pretty nice and her weapon looks pretty cool, kinda like how I remember from Jeanne D'Arc psp game.

Everyone seem to be a descendant of someone famous I wonder who Reki or baka-Kinji descendants are. No idea who Kinji's descendant might but, but Reki as some famous sniper?
Old 2011-06-02, 20:51   Link #2238
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^
Not to mention that she is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi, who also voiced Saber in Fate/stay Night.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 21:34   Link #2239
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^
Not to mention that she is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi, who also voiced Saber in Fate/stay Night.
I didn't notice that, it's been awhile since I watched Fate/Stay Night.
Old 2011-06-02, 21:39   Link #2240
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
I wonder who Reki or baka-Kinji descendants are. No idea who Kinji's descendant might but, but Reki as some famous sniper?
It was already mentioned in the Butei Killer arc in the light novel, but it was omitted in the anime. Kinji's ancestor is Tohyama no Kin-san, a famous magistrate back in Edo period. As for Reki, it won't be revealed in this season.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere