AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-28, 08:20   Link #81
Ansa

The ending/opening animation always has had clues about what is going to happen, moreso the openings but when I saw Junius 7 in the once after the first ep. all I could think of was "Oh frell..."

Now I'm wondering when/how the wars going to start, seems that no ones going to hold anything back, with the NJC's active were really going to be seeing some massive distruction, I think...
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 08:35   Link #82
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
definitely agree, Shinn is simply pwned by every single character coming back from SEED, and then even for Destiny characters he's being overshadowed by Rey and Gilbert. Even Lunamaria is at a better position since she's a female character in Gundam, and she's already doing a lot better than the supposed no.1 female lead Stellar
Shinn is not pwned by every character coming back from SEED, he did quite a bit of stuff and his family getting blasted flashback is turning out to be the "Nicol's Death" of SEED Destiny. So far Athrun overshadows him, but the thing is that so far Destiny is bringing back a lot of the SEED cast briefly to make the SEED fans go "wow"... But once that's over with it'll be back to Shinn I'd think. Especially since Athrun and Cagalli leave the Minerva next ep.

Quote:
For supposed no.1 male and female leads, Shinn and Stellar are not exactly doing well
When is Stellar supposed to be the female lead? She's always stuck in the bottom of seiyuu lists and never gets on magazine covers and spreads. Lunamaria gets on most of the "main characters" posters and gets listed high in character lists too. Not to mention the fact that she's on the "main characters" shot in the end of the OP song. So I'd say that she's the female lead.
Old 2004-11-28, 10:14   Link #83
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Great episode. The start was great, though it smacks full of Armageddon and Deep Impact (those asteroid hitting earth movies). Looks like alot of places were utterly wiped out. The Gilbert part was a tad overdone - and of the two masterminds, looks like Gilbert is the more sinister one. As someone said earleir, I just can't take Djibril seriously - I mean he has a cat ala Dr. Evil.

Gilbert must have read Machiavelli's "The Prince" from front to back. From I don't think he has anything against Naturals per se, just that he wants the PLANTs in a position of unassailable strength against the Earth Alliance - particularly the PLANTs sponsor nations who started the whole thing in the first place. Was it stated that Gilbert was the one who released the information on the Gundams to the EA and I personally think he knew of the plot behind Junius 7's fall too. A very nasty piece of work Gilbert Durandall is....

Looks like Blue Cosmos is going to use those images taken of those Coordinator terrorists to start the Eart Alliance on the path to war against the PLANTs again. What would the world be without those religious, racist, genocidal, extreme bastards...

Cagalli -> I'm beginning to doubt whether she would be play any significant role at all. It seems that the writers are using her as nothing but a catalyst to play out the whole soap drama in this initial stage. Talk about getting the short end of the character development stick... after her excellent role in Gundam SEED. I fear the writers would just dump their newly created dumb blonde by writing off the entire ORB faction by nuking the entire island nation along with her on it. AND if they are writing it so that she and Athrun will split up, I don't know, it seems stupid to do it in this way...

Athrun. Gosh. He's really portrayed as the ELITE pilot. I think Cagalli knows what is coming next. She goes back to ORB while Athrun remains on the Minerva.

Lacus clone -> Another facet of Gilbert's evilness. I mean, unless he plans to kill the real one, there's no way that the real Lacus Clyne is going to sit there and play the good wife to Kira ... oh wait... she IS already doing that...

Can't wait for the next episode. Cheerios.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 11:47   Link #84
Ansa

I wish we would find out how our two couples really feel about each other, Kira/Lacus is fairly ovious but its not like they really have done anything to prove it yet, Athrun/Cagari really seems to be going downhill but really where they ever togeather in the first place? Resent eps. really make me wonder.
Old 2004-11-28, 12:36   Link #85
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu

Gilbert must have read Machiavelli's "The Prince" from front to back. From I don't think he has anything against Naturals per se, just that he wants the PLANTs in a position of unassailable strength against the Earth Alliance - particularly the PLANTs sponsor nations who started the whole thing in the first place. Was it stated that Gilbert was the one who released the information on the Gundams to the EA and I personally think he knew of the plot behind Junius 7's fall too. A very nasty piece of work Gilbert Durandall is....
It was discussed a bit before, but with only a couple of episodes out at the time, it was hard to tell. I don't know if it was intentional or just his VA's style but back in episode 1 when Armory 1 was attacked, Gilbert seemed to be putting on an act, trying to act as shocked as everyone else. And the way the base was attacked, and how the raiders of Junius 7 changed its course to Earth seems all too convenient. If Gilbert really wanted a war, he's got one now. Now that we've seen that "Lacus clone" in his office, we know that he has yet another devious plan up his sleeve. Those initial synopsis' for episodes 11-14 seem pretty legit to me at this point. It looks like the spotlight will be shining on Athrun for a while it seems while Shin's in the shadows.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 12:54   Link #86
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Those initial synopsis' for episodes 11-14 seem pretty legit to me at this point. It looks like the spotlight will be shining on Athrun for a while it seems while Shin's in the shadows.
Hmm... Don't know about that, since those previews don't even MENTION Athrun...
Spoiler:

Last edited by brightman; 2004-11-28 at 13:18.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 13:12   Link #87
Ansa

Where did you guys find out this info?
Old 2004-11-28, 14:33   Link #88
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
Highly doubtful. He looks highly in charge judging by his face, as if everything were playing out in his favor.
Hmm... watched that scene several more times, still it looks like Gilbert is under (fake) Lacus to me. Gilbert was standing there talking, while Lacus was sitting there casually playing with a chess piece. about that look on his face, I think from what we have seen so far, we can now safely conclude that every single expression on his face looks like a smirk I think he was frowning and pursing his lips, but somehow it ends up looking like a smirk on his face XD

Maybe it's because I've watched too many shows where the big boss behind the scene plays with chess pieces casually while listening to reports from subordinates
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 18:08   Link #89
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Hmm... Don't know about that, since those previews don't even MENTION Athrun...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 19:37   Link #90
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra
The only reason coordinators have any resentment against naturals are cause naturals attacked and killed them first. Thinking you are superior to someone doesn't mean you want them dead.
Naturals obviously are jealous about coordinator's abilities as well as feeling that its just naturally wrong to genetically modify people. Remember in Seed when they did a little flashback on when coordinators started getting killed on Earth.
LOL..remember the end of Gundam seed with Genesis..
You dont build those things unless you want your enemy wipe out.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 20:34   Link #91
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-28, 21:29   Link #92
mikeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
LOL..remember the end of Gundam seed with Genesis..
You dont build those things unless you want your enemy wipe out.
or just use to to scare the enemy. It's like
"My guns are bigger than your guns. Do you feel lucky?"

just maybe to stop the enemy from fighting them.
mikeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:36   Link #93
Riyan
Wrath Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeon
or just use to to scare the enemy. It's like
"My guns are bigger than your guns. Do you feel lucky?"

just maybe to stop the enemy from fighting them.

Gee.... where have we seen THAT paradigm before?
Riyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:37   Link #94
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... watched that scene several more times, still it looks like Gilbert is under (fake) Lacus to me. Gilbert was standing there talking, while Lacus was sitting there casually playing with a chess piece. about that look on his face, I think from what we have seen so far, we can now safely conclude that every single expression on his face looks like a smirk I think he was frowning and pursing his lips, but somehow it ends up looking like a smirk on his face XD

Maybe it's because I've watched too many shows where the big boss behind the scene plays with chess pieces casually while listening to reports from subordinates
No offense, but I honestly don't see it at all.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 21:59   Link #95
DwArD
mAnIaC

Yeah~and Kira don't even know how to use a gun. But really, I find Kira kinda...creative for throwing the gun instead of using it to shoot at his enemies. That tactic is useful when your gun ran out of bullets . So Yzak did win Athrun in something. That's cool. I'll be freaking out if Athrun can sing. Anyway, anyone know what's the title of Tanaka Rie's song in this ep?

I also have the same feeling that Gilbert is under the fake Lacus. Usually, it is the mastermind who is hiding away from others, secretly scheming their plans. But then again, it seems like Gilbert is the one in control.
Old 2004-11-28, 22:15   Link #96
wao
OK.

The name of the song is "Fields of Hope". Composed by Yuki Kajiura.

Also it seems that it's been confirmed (how or when, I dunno) that the next ED will be sung by Mica ARisaka and composed by Yuki Kajiura. Mica Arisaka has sung the OP and ED of Infinite Ryvius, and the ED of Juuni Kokki.

Actually, whenver I hear Gilbert make those speeches, I cannot help but feel that the way his VA is doing it is giving it that slight sarcastic edge... I rememberh e said something about "We are also very surprised" and I just somehow got the feeling that it was very sarcastic.

But I really respect Gilbert's seiyuu. He's done a great performance so far.
Old 2004-11-28, 22:40   Link #97
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
So Yzak did win Athrun in something. That's cool.
Yzak only won Athrun because Athrun had a fever... So eh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
But I really respect Gilbert's seiyuu. He's done a great performance so far.
I still can't shake the feeling that Char is the one doing the talking and not Gilbert whenever he talks... Oh well.
Old 2004-11-28, 22:45   Link #98
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

the insert song was great ! as expected of yuki kajira

athlun is pretty cool, but kira looks stoned. perhaps from trauma?

and kira's a pimp!
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 23:27   Link #99
sui
gone fishing

Send a message via MSN to sui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Well you don't get points for throwing the gun at the target, so they'd probably just laugh at him. Personally, I wanted to see Cagalli show up Lunamaria in that scene. She's no Athrun with that gun but would love to see her show up somebody...anybody...doing anything!
I am in complete and utter agreement with you. Cagalli needs to do something besides looking silly and naive in arguements with Shinn and gasping "Athrun" once in a while. It is rather dissapointing to have her go from one of my favourites of GS to not... plus I prefer Cagalli to Lunamaria as the girl in the mobile suit. Just because
sui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 00:12   Link #100
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Luna's voice actress > all =P

Shouldn't this thread be on sticky right now? SEEd FS has just released episode 7
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote