AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2019-03-15, 08:10   Link #1
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Christchurch Mosque Shootings

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My deep deep and sincere condolences & solicitude for the victims who were slaughtered while doing their prayers. I owed to all people of all peaceful religions who have become victims in this incident as well as many others before it who have been really hurt, violated and killed by armed deranged twisted and hateful psychopaths & sociopaths like this during what should be sacred times and events to spread both peace and cautionary & concerning news like this.

The surge of hate crimes are getting worse and worse every day.
Old 2019-03-15, 13:20   Link #2
Newhope

This wasn't really a hate crime, they weren't really targeted for race ETC they where targeted for the reaction it would cause.

Read some of the dossier they had a clear plan of what they wanted to happen, that is the scary part.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 13:49   Link #3
Sakuratsuki

My condolences to the family of the victims. Too many psychopaths out there.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2019-03-15 at 14:39.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 16:39   Link #4
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
This wasn't really a hate crime, they weren't really targeted for race ETC they where targeted for the reaction it would cause.

Read some of the dossier they had a clear plan of what they wanted to happen, that is the scary part.
So, instead of a instance of hate crime it's more of a case of terrorism ?
Old 2019-03-15, 17:31   Link #5
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
So, instead of a instance of hate crime it's more of a case of terrorism ?
Yes I'd say this was terrorism in the purest sense, they had clear political motivation.

The choice of Muslim targets seems to be to incense the left and cause them to attack the constitution and other freedoms which would then rile the right up and cause a culture war.

It's a pretty well thought out plan of action.
Old 2019-03-15, 17:53   Link #6
Golden Lily

Don't give this low-life attention everyone. That's what he wants.

It's just as this guy says:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 18:04   Link #7
Skulkraken

The suspects even went so far as planting IEDs on cars with the apparent intention of killing even more innocent civilians in car bombings.

I have heartfelt condolences for the 49 confirmed dead so far. With the reports that the mosque in question had upwards of 300 to 500 people there for prayer, the death toll could have been even higher. ...It's chilling to think about.
Old 2019-03-15, 18:08   Link #8
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Yes I'd say this was terrorism in the purest sense, they had clear political motivation.

The choice of Muslim targets seems to be to incense the left and cause them to attack the constitution and other freedoms which would then rile the right up and cause a culture war.

It's a pretty well thought out plan of action.
Now it makes better sense to me why would the attackers target a mosque when most of the time it's always the Muslims who get blamed for things like that.

Divide and Conquer.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 19:39   Link #9
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

does any1 has the raw video?
Old 2019-03-15, 20:36   Link #10
Skulkraken

The New Zealand Police have already put out an official statement saying that they don't want anyone to be sharing the video, and that they'll work to take down any copies that pop up. Sky News Australia broadcast the raw video anyway, and got taken off the air afterwards.
Old 2019-03-15, 23:14   Link #11
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

@Justice Knight: I suggest you do not watch the recording. Everyone I know who watched it, regretted it.

@Skulkraken: IMHO, Sky News Australia played directly into the hands of the perpetrators. My faith in 'news' and those that present sinks even lower. I do think a certain senator from Queensland would fit right in with their stupidity.

For those who are able to, please consider donating to the victims and their living families: https://www.launchgood.com/project/s...e_shootings#!/

For those who cannot, send the page to someone else.
Stay safe and stay strong.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 00:42   Link #12
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
From what I've heard he is a 8channer, Aka a worse 4chan for edgelords, and what happen when /b/ and /pol/ leaks over the entire community. Also, his breaking point was the defeat of Le Pen in 2017.
Old 2019-03-16, 01:55   Link #13
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Don't give this low-life attention everyone. That's what he wants.
I am not so sure if such sentiment is a correct one in an age where we can connect with each other like never before. By staying quiet or avoiding this uncomfortable topic will not allow us to get to the root of the problem of how certain like minded people can ever have such opinion that will make 99% of population quite uncomfortable.

Humanity always had prejudice built into its programming. The question remains how certain people are able to take it to the next level where it becomes more than just an opinion. There are people in 4chan/8chan that are voicing a lot of questionable opinions but it's not often do you see someone is taking it to the next level.

This guy, without a doubt, is very ill mentally. All mass shooters are no matter how normal-sounding they come across as. I agree with New Hope that he was pretty methodical in his planning and this mass shooting was more to do with theater (to create a certain effect) than anything else such as racism, religion and etc as his motif.

The follow up threads that popped up in 4ch/8ch are mostly geared toward condolences and compassion. However, there were also threads that kind of, sort of, justifies why these Muslim deserved to die. My question remains how many of those opinion are expressed because they are voiced under the comfortable blanket of anonymity. At least, the minister from Queensland (oh Aussie ) had the balls to express his views openly without hiding. I wonder how many of his constituents will have the same courage.

I am rambling here. It's a sad affair all around. My sincere condolences to the victims. I am also very proud of the Kiwis for the way they have responded to this atrocity.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 03:37   Link #14
Golden Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I am not so sure if such sentiment is a correct one in an age where we can connect with each other like never before. By staying quiet or avoiding this uncomfortable topic will not allow us to get to the root of the problem of how certain like minded people can ever have such opinion that will make 99% of population quite uncomfortable.
Then how does giving him recognition will help at all? Have you seen his alleged manifesto? He literally wanted to cause culture break in US.

I know that it's very hard to remain calm in front of such a violence, but by arguing we're literally dancing on his palm.
Old 2019-03-16, 04:05   Link #15
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Arguing and recognizing aren't the same thing. It is important to react what happened in a strong way and that would be to stand united against hate and terrorism. The mindset of the perpetrator will not go away if we keep quiet about it, rather the opposite if we allow it to fester. Of course there are better and worse ways to react to it but react we absolutely must.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 04:13   Link #16
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
does any1 has the raw video?
Seriously I would advice you not to look for it. I got it from a friend and I regretted it deeply watching it.
Old 2019-03-16, 04:28   Link #17
Golden Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Arguing and recognizing aren't the same thing. It is important to react what happened in a strong way and that would be to stand united against hate and terrorism. The mindset of the perpetrator will not go away if we keep quiet about it, rather the opposite if we allow it to fester. Of course there are better and worse ways to react to it but react we absolutely must.
Said "reaction" is so far yet another war between left and right-wingers.

When you're using this tragedy as a stepping stone to explain your views then I would rather hear nothing at all.
Old 2019-03-16, 14:13   Link #18
Skulkraken

"Yet another"? I'd argue that the right (the far right especially) never ended its war against everyone else to begin with.

The anger and hatred expressed by white supremacists like the gunman from this shooting has been festering for a long time and will likely never go away on its own.

Staying silent in the face of such evil implies consent.

...I feel like I'm rambling at this point...Sorry.
Old 2019-03-16, 15:29   Link #19
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkraken View Post
"Yet another"? I'd argue that the right (the far right especially) never ended its war against everyone else to begin with.

The anger and hatred expressed by white supremacists like the gunman from this shooting has been festering for a long time and will likely never go away on its own.

Staying silent in the face of such evil implies consent.

...I feel like I'm rambling at this point...Sorry.
The increasingly authoritarian left with it's identity politics is fueling the raise of the far right and it's not going to end well.
Old 2019-03-16, 16:12   Link #20
Skulkraken

The far right is doing a perfectly fine job of fueling itself. That's the whole point of the echo chambers guys like the shooter isolate themselves in. It was never going to end well. And it never will, sadly.

[Edit]
The number of casualties is now 50 dead, 50 injured. The ages of the people who have died range from 2 to over 60. Of those who were injured, 36 are still in the hospital, 11 in critical condition.

Anyone who wants to support the victims has another option in addition to what Bilal posted above:
https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/chri...g-victims-fund

Again, condolences to those who have suffered because of this tragedy. No one should be forced to go through this kind of ordeal.

Last edited by Skulkraken; 2019-03-16 at 17:50.
Skulkraken is offline   Reply With Quote