AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-06, 18:14   Link #81
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

^BleachOD Please, please, PLEASE! Take that to another thread. I respect you for your shipping in the Bleach forums but here you're making yourself out to be pretty awful by discussing things in wrong places after being told several times.

But to answer one thing, no it's not because Alto doesn't swoon at her feet that she likes him. It's because Alto is the only person that treats her like a "real" person. I'll be more than glad to take this up with you in another thread....

Character Discussion - Sheryl Nome.

--

Anyways.

Good to see Ranka has climbed a little in the rankings. She's got 5 on Michael while Bobby is closes in for the kill. In other news Klan Klan edges Alto for 2nd. As expected, Sheryl is still on top almost double for the current #2.

Sheryl, Klan Klan, Alto, Ranka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
All those super-emotes are annoying as hell, almost as much as a certain person putting a "lol" at every second sentence.
You should check out this thread about Bleach if you wan't more of OD's "colorful" posts.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-06, 18:16   Link #82
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I love Quran, but she doesn't get nearly as enough screen time (although she will be, in the upcoming) as the rest of the crew.

But...

How she ended up in 2nd place is a mystery to me. . .

There is an invisible hand controlling the polls, I tell ya!

- Tak
Old 2008-07-06, 18:20   Link #83
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Good to see Ranka has climbed a little in the rankings. She's got 5 on Michael while Bobby is closes in for the kill. In other news Klan Klan edges Alto for 2nd. As expected, Sheryl is still on top almost double for the current #2.

Sheryl, Klan Klan, Alto, Ranka.

You should check out this thread about Bleach if you wan't more of OD's "colorful" posts.

Was that necessary? It better be one of Pwnage? Or you die or my pride will make pull out a real dream crusher!

Ok...The Macross MOE has almost hit OD. Will I go this far. I didn't say nearly what I wanted to...Ok. Dinner calls

Otaku's XD

I found out why...I was just going to post "The post that forever killed Ishime" and "twisting the knife" Was is all manga and one was all canon anime for the non-readers...

You are one of the formerly eaten...

Never mind Hack ....I have nothing to prove....

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-07-06 at 18:41. Reason: Ah...because it isn't Bleach afrter all. No
Old 2008-07-06, 18:35   Link #84
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I'm not sure which part of my post you were responding to.

But regardless of what some may think, I do like Ranka in her own way... Unfortunately, it just so happens I just like Sheryl and Klan Klan more.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-06, 20:18   Link #85
mike_s_6

Sheryl and Ozma for me
Old 2008-07-06, 20:21   Link #86
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I of course voted Ranka, Sheryl, Klan and Bobby Margot, lol. You're not the only one OD. There are more of us out there.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2008-07-06, 20:33   Link #87
Traece
:cool:

... <_< Alto, Sheryl, and Klan Klan.
First off, Alto... Well I like Alto. He's the main character, and he's brave enough to walk around with a ponytail and still manage to be socially acceptable. Now THAT is something... You see a guy in a ponytail these days, the only social acceptance you'll see is that people call him gay on a daily basis.
Sheryl... Well quite frankly I can only say this: <3...
Klan Klan... Ok how can you not love a character that normally is cute and cuddly with a a temper? Plus.. There's the jokes... Not nice jokes, obviously, because they come from her love interest, but jokes none-the-less. Michael doesn't want to be a pedophile, we laugh, Klan Klan assbeats him. Priceless...

I'll tell you what though.. I was 'AMAZED' to see that Klan Klan beat Alto. That just had me.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:41   Link #88
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
... <_< Alto, Sheryl, and Klan Klan.
First off, Alto... Well I like Alto. He's the main character, and he's brave enough to walk around with a ponytail and still manage to be socially acceptable. Now THAT is something... You see a guy in a ponytail these days, the only social acceptance you'll see is that people call him gay on a daily basis.
Isn't it ironic that Frontier also looks like San Francisco

- Tak
Old 2008-07-06, 20:45   Link #89
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Perhaps Loli moe lovers vote for Klan Klan? I'm quite surprised by low vote counts on Brera and Nanase(espeically Nanase).

Edit: it seems some people had read and replied to that part I erased , so I try to get them back.

Old days are terrible. Not because of fewer Sheryl fans but of too many complaints on Sheryl made before an attempt to understand her actions. Sheryl had me at 'silly child' comment but it became an evident of cowardness and selfishness in some's eyes.
I didn't hate Sheryl at the start, and didn't love her either, but I was sure one of the people defending her! People were saying that she's a b!tch because of her lines "Don't you remember Grace? I am Sheryl, Sheryl Nome" and the "You amateurs keep away, this is a job for professionals" (or something like that). I thought that she was really just professional, and I'm glad I was right as the story progressed. It seemed as if I was relieved in finding out that I was defending Sheryl for the right reasons
Old 2008-07-06, 20:52   Link #90
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

So when Sheryl went "I am Sheryl Nome" is she referring to herself being a hot bombshell of a diva?

Or is it just a name/label that Sheryl worked hard in building up through hard work and effort, and the result paid off?
Old 2008-07-06, 20:59   Link #91
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
So when Sheryl went "I am Sheryl Nome" is she referring to herself being a hot bombshell of a diva?

Or is it just a name/label that Sheryl worked hard in building up through hard work and effort, and the result paid off?
The second one - I said that it's kind of "self-pep talk", just imagine yourself saying, "I'm <name here>, I can do it of course!" Plus the fact that she seems to have a good record of being professional, she's assuring herself and her manager that she can push herself to her limits (until Grace drugged her of course), and guess that's also good for her fans

EDIT: oops, I didn't realize that I'm grandstanding this thread, I suppose this belongs to the Sheryl thread :P
Old 2008-07-06, 22:43   Link #92
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Isn't it ironic that Frontier also looks like San Francisco

- Tak
And why do you think the carrots are rainbow colored?
Old 2008-07-06, 22:50   Link #93
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
And why do you think the carrots are rainbow colored?
God, I forgot that part. It's a masterpiece if they did intentionally.
Old 2008-07-07, 00:05   Link #94
ani_d

I voted for Alto and Ranka + the gang. With the exception of Brera of course. <3 He just has to be there.

If the "love & friendship & planetary fate criss-cross supergalactic love story" from the MF website turns out to be really about Alto and Ranka, many will beat on the ground Here atleast.
Old 2008-07-07, 00:10   Link #95
mike_s_6

^ Who says all the Sheryl fans want her to end up with Alto? o__O Besides, Macross World has a stronger Sheryl faction, might as well ask them why they root for Sheryl:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=26395

I don't care who she ends up with, she's one hella strong girl, she'll manage. She may not win Alto's heart, but she's won in the hearts of Macross F's audience, well mostly
Old 2008-07-07, 00:12   Link #96
zalem

Wow....they are really pro-Sheryl there. I've only lurked there and don't have an account. Maybe I should make one.

If there was someone better for Sheryl then Alto I wouldn't mind. I'm not overly crazy about Alto.
Old 2008-07-07, 00:14   Link #97
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Sheryl Nome, Alto Saotome, And Brera Sterne. Alto and Sheryl because they fit perfectly And i just love Sheryl so much ^.^ brera Sterne because he has a good character hes working for what seems to be good but hes being twisted, just seems he wants to do good and will have some crazy backround soon :P
Old 2008-07-07, 00:20   Link #98
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
If the "love & friendship & planetary fate criss-cross supergalactic love story" from the MF website turns out to be really about Alto and Ranka, many will beat on the ground Here atleast.
If it turns out otherwise, you would beat on the ground. So it's what I call fair.
Old 2008-07-07, 01:39   Link #99
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I voted for Alto and Ranka + the gang. With the exception of Brera of course. <3 He just has to be there.

You're going to be very disappointed young one.
Old 2008-07-07, 09:43   Link #100
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Wow....they are really pro-Sheryl there. I've only lurked there and don't have an account. Maybe I should make one.

If there was someone better for Sheryl then Alto I wouldn't mind. I'm not overly crazy about Alto.
That they are, though I wonder how similar the results here would be if we were only allowed one vote each... Nanase aside of course. This is the closest poll results I've seen for Ranka on an English forum...

Poll - Alto should get together with...
Ranka 46 38.02%
Sheryl (your vote) 65 53.72%
someone else totally out-of-fan-expectations! XD 10 8.26%
Voters: 121

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=24284
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite