AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 52 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 31.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-11, 14:34   Link #61
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
If Shion dies, I'm assuming he takes Suou and their dad with him since they were created by his power?
If Shion's creations can leave behind a corpse, we can assume they are permanent.
That being said, Suou and Dad are in the fray so they won't be spared.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:52   Link #62
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow , this episode was great .

More developement ! Suou is a copy ! Seems that Shion want to hurt her ..
I like Misaki's car Lol she ate the steamed bun in 3-4 sec XD
Hei used drug on Youko . Hmmm , seems that someone kill her after , or Hei did ?
Suou who is confuse for her feelings but in fact she love Hei .
Hei who carry July to the bed
- > OW , we know now why Mao was a cat !!! <-
The moon is back .
Yin too . 2-3 episodes left ow .

PS : Duarara's commercial in the end

And i wonder , why the one vote "Painful" don't leave comments to explain it ?
Old 2009-12-11, 15:09   Link #63
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hei said he saw himself in Suou, in her doubts and confusions. Self-identification is a pretty big clue to a continuing relationship.

Suou is my favorite character in both series. I feel about her the way the Yin shippers feel about Yin: let's have a season three with the 19-year-old version. Not that I don't like Yin, too, and look forward to the mini OVA series.

But they could end this well in two episodes if everyone except Misaki dies, and Misaki is left as "Everyman" to deliver the eulogy.

However, the apparent popularity of the show makes me think a third season is possible. 2channel rates this #2 for 2009. I don't know what the TV ratings are. DVD#1 comes out later in December, so we will get a better idea of popularity then.

If there is a third season, they might well repeat this formula and introduce someone new, leaving fans of both Yin and Suou to watch eagerly for vague appearances by either, lol.
Ditto, and I had liked Yin alot in s1, but I never thought about shipping in DtB. Gotta say though, if they flash forward to her being a bit older and working with Hei, she is going to be really really cool. This season might end up being a setup season for her next season, since I have wondered aloud a few times if they intended to have Suou replace Hei and kill him off.

But alas, theyve spent a whole season developing her if you think about it.

I dont think theyd just end the series yet, I just dont see the ultimate ending.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:50   Link #64
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
Actually, what I tried to say was the graphic quality. Hei`s face in that part was poorly drawn as if it were done by elimentary schoolers. Watch it slowly.
But lets be honest that scene was like what less than one second? It was practically unnoticeable and obviously watching it slowly would make some scene looks worse than it is as some of them are not intended to be viewed slowly. It is just like scene that are zoomed in to make them look bad, even though the characters face are drawn in distant so they don't have lot of details.

Suou being copy, I am going to wait until I believe it. There is still a chance that Suou's mom took a copy that was made by Shion. But it would be interesting what this will develop however Suou didn't have identity crises like I thought she might have. So whether she is real or doesn't really seems to matter anymore as character development goes.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:54   Link #65
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How did Mao jump the squirrel?
Old 2009-12-11, 16:07   Link #66
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow this episode was really great. For the 'Yin' at the final scene, I thought it wasn't Yin as I was really sure that it was a guy. I thought it was this 'Izanagi' which Youko was talking about, the person who shouldn't meet with Izanami (Yin). And I don't think its Shion either.

The whole Suou pouring her thoughts and feelings to Hei were pretty touching; and the bmg went good with it too. I was surprised that Mao straightforwardly said it was love, and not some other form of attachment/emotions. what I think are chances of Hei x Suou are? Probably zero. But I don't think Hei is going to form any sort of romantic relationship, but I guess we can guess/dream.

lol at Mao's ankle fetish. He must have been happy as a cat?
And lol at Suou stopping Hei with 'she gave me steam buns!' Hei understands how important that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
First, I was surprised that Suou wasn't surprised at Hei's "new" look. It's not like I expected her to go dere or anything, but still. Well, maybe I was spoiled too much by this.
whats this? o.o A DtB manga?

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-12-11 at 18:46.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:10   Link #67
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
whats this? o.o A DtB manga?
No, Hei shaving and everything?

Yeah, I actually wanted Suou to show some sort of reaction to the new and improved Hei, but she's just like... I guess she does have a lot on her mind, which is a shame
Old 2009-12-11, 16:28   Link #68
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
is it just me or they just really like to kill any character that is cute. cause arrrrrrr yoko, chiaki, april and other cute girls always die!!! crap i wish they didn't kill yoko she's one of my favorite characters Y_Y. maybe just like the tvtrope said in this anime anyone can die haha -laugh-

-sigh- i can't really rate this episode its just crap killing my favorite character Y_Y
Old 2009-12-11, 17:00   Link #69
Rima-Chan
lurker

:/ I don't think that it was Yin at the end of the episode also, Yoko have told Hei that Izanami/Yin is at 18th reasearch building, unless, it's located in the Gate
Old 2009-12-11, 18:27   Link #70
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Indeed what came out of that cocoon is not Yin she's supposed to be somewhere else. On a side note did anyone else nothing that the uniform she is wearing strongly resemble the one Bai wore in heaven's gate war.

About Youko's death, IT seem Hei brought he to a designated location for torture. Their was all kinds of equipment for torturing people there. But the dead Youko was not online tortured for information, she was beaten to death with a lot of anger. The blood stains and splatter seems to indicate an extremely violent even. A lot of hate was directed at Yuoko by someone, either that or that someone was a complete psychopath.
Old 2009-12-11, 18:38   Link #71
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How did Mao jump the squirrel?
My guess? He was probably the cat that died before and then went into the squirrel right before then.

Anyway, great episode, I'm really looking forward to the final episodes now
Old 2009-12-11, 18:39   Link #72
donoghu

I love what this serie comes to.

BTW, anyone knows what the name of the new show for 2010, which we can see at the far end episode 10?

Seems neat!.
Old 2009-12-11, 18:46   Link #73
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
No, Hei shaving and everything?

Yeah, I actually wanted Suou to show some sort of reaction to the new and improved Hei, but she's just like... I guess she does have a lot on her mind, which is a shame
Ops, quoted the wrong part in my post, lol. Its been fixed now, but I was wondering about the image.
Old 2009-12-11, 19:56   Link #74
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by donoghu View Post
...BTW, anyone knows what the name of the new show for 2010, which we can see at the far end episode 10? Seems neat!.
As someone mentioned, it's called Dhurarara. It's made by the same staff that made Baccano, from a novel by the same guy who wrote the Baccano novel, and it has a great cast. Should be good.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-11, 20:42   Link #75
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I never read anyone mention that Hei was violent to Misaki because he felt quite cheated by her. He did not expect the woman he's saved the life of (twice, even) to be a part of the group that's captured and imprisoned the only person he's valued ever since the events of the first season. Were that everyman I doubt anyone would have hesitated. Of course, we know better, but they're not the omniscient narrators of the show, are they?
Old 2009-12-11, 20:52   Link #76
Hobbit
. . .

Well, it doesn't looks like Yin. The face is too round. Seens more like Suou...
Shion said that he copied it, but it was smaller than he thought... any clue about it?
And we have Dr. and Shion in the aquarium, but it has been off-limits for several years. Probably they are already inside the Gate.
Old 2009-12-11, 20:54   Link #77
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ah Bones, you stick in explanations/plot twists when no one expects them. I never expected we would get Mao back story and what do you know, it's actually relevant! And is it just me or does Mao/Pecha look like they're gaining a bit of weight around the edges? Also contemplating the theory that he might get his real body back at the end of the series via Shion's power.
Speaking of Shion, so he was creepy to start with, figures, the personalities of contractors doesn't seem to change that much actually. And I'm of mixed opinions if Suou is "incomplete" or not. One the one hand, she's made of incomplete memories of 4 and younger and then another six years of memories that were totally made up. But she has spent two years living her own life and has those experiences. But I wonder why Shion created Suou in the first place, accidental discharge of his power after he got it? And I now think that Suou is Izanagi not Shion, it would fit in with Yin, both aren't human or contractor or doll really, they have gone beyond that.
And damn Misaki reacted pretty fast to getting grabbed by Hei, don't think he was expecting that.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:03   Link #78
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
Well, it doesn't looks like Yin. The face is too round. Seens more like Suou...
Shion said that he copied it, but it was smaller than he thought... any clue about it?
And we have Dr. and Shion in the aquarium, but it has been off-limits for several years. Probably they are already inside the Gate.
If you look close enough, you see a miniature whale in the tank. I believe that was what he was referring too
Old 2009-12-11, 21:08   Link #79
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Enjoyed the despicable origins of Suo c/o of Dr. Pavlichenko, being in the Syndicate. Guess Shion was in the conspiracy at the start.

And yeah, RIP Yoko. I'll burn some paper money and a house to spare you the afterlife.

PS - Digged Mao's ponytail. XD

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-12-11, 21:18   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@Yu Ominae -- Hey, there's nothing "despicable" about Suou's origins. Her mother shouldn't have interrupted the process, is all I say. Papa was crazy, but that was the right thing to do, in my opinion. Maybe Mama really will come to regret it. Suou may be an incomplete copy, but she's a complete human being, it seems to me.

@wandering-dreamer -- I thought Suou was likely made soon after she was killed, and given what memories papa was able to get before he mother took her -- with the addition of the day at the aquarium. Maybe she had to be remade after the explosion two years ago, but she existed on that trip then with her father and brother, didn't she?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread