AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 65 64.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 23.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-07, 00:41   Link #41
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Heard taht the manga artist has taken the challenge, bit the bullet, and continued the saga of the Afterschool Tea Time band into the college years.

Obviously 26 is not quite enough to cover all that, and with 12 remaining of that, no less.

YES PLEASE to a College Years Third Season!!
Where did you hear about this??? You gotta have some kind of proof when it comes to this kind of stuff.
Old 2010-07-07, 00:59   Link #42
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I think he meant this website (Warning!! Not Safe For Work!!)

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/1...girls-no-more/

To quote my wife when she was fed oranges by Ui-chan: Wa-ii!!
Old 2010-07-07, 01:03   Link #43
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Just checked the HQ version of the ending and their uniforms really remind me of the AKB's ones. In that that it's not a school or university uniform per se, but more of a stage costume : they even put HTT on their blazon.
Gosh, the more I watch this ending, the more addicted I become u_u'...
Old 2010-07-07, 01:06   Link #44
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think its an interesting example of how taste can vary in that we've got such a bipolarized split between people who like the 3 OPs and people who like the 3 EDs (but each not the other so much). Almost like a genre split or like how people tend to polarize over different types of Beatle music.

Yes, the "chipmunk" was less strong in the new OP ... my wife tends to be seriously anti-chipmunk so imagine she'll down-thumb it but will probably like the ED. The new OP's visuals are very "Monkees"-like or a bit "Help!" (Beatles) in absurdist bits.
I'm not going to judge the new OP and ED until I've heard it a few times... I initially didn't care much for "Go! Go! Maniac" and "Listen" either but they grew on me after a couple episodes. Especially the former... I seem to be one of the few people who really, really likes GGM. My girlfriend said she didn't like it, my brother and best friend were less... "charitable" in their comments. And I'm guessing my parents are just glad I use headphones, although to be honest I'm tempted to play it for them, just for a laugh.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:42   Link #45
nishiura
current mood: yeah

I liked this episode! ^-^ Mugi is odd but cute, as always (:

Btw, am I the only one who likes RitsuxMugi? 8D Though I do prefer Ricchan with Mio (who dosn't like Mitsu?), Yui *shot* and Azunyan *shotshotshot*

Can't wait for subs!
Old 2010-07-07, 02:17   Link #46
sunwen

I want Mugi hit Yui with a bundle of bills to be hit back from her.
Old 2010-07-07, 03:44   Link #47
Sparvid
*hic*

The ED reminded me of something from the pre-Azusa days...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-07, 03:48   Link #48
itzglez
♫♫♪

OP, Yui was cute and she's the only one I found cute on it. not that catchy but I giggled on a few parts. ED, hey Mugi wearing sneakers and her school uniform's top button was open, ooh nice. though I don't expect it to be that way. I thought ojou-sama would always be proper. Ricchan is just win <3
Old 2010-07-07, 03:57   Link #49
Sparvid
*hic*

Yeah, I noticed that ED-Yui is the only one of the five without a loosened tie. Seems a bit weird that at least Mugi and Azusa would look like that, but I figure that they're portraying music video characters as opposed to being themselves.
Old 2010-07-07, 04:08   Link #50
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Yeah, I noticed that ED-Yui is the only one of the five without a loosened tie. Seems a bit weird that at least Mugi and Azusa would look like that, but I figure that they're portraying music video characters as opposed to being themselves.
I did forgot Mugi-chwan loves dressing up and experiments with it, and a school uniform is still a school uniform though she's... still pretty cool on it...

so this ep's start was Ritsu x Mugi's date! YAAA TAA!!! been waiting for that! can't wait for subs.

Mugi: Just a moment pwease! (did I heard it right? LOL)
Old 2010-07-07, 04:21   Link #51
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

CoalGuys says that due to capping issues the subs will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 2010-07-07, 05:48   Link #52
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post
Mugi: Just a moment pwease! (did I heard it right? LOL)
And the allergic-to-English Ritsu's response is "Why English?"

Old 2010-07-07, 06:30   Link #53
rikolero

Not really shown, but Yui needs to learn from Mio playing the guitar with gloves.
Old 2010-07-07, 07:22   Link #54
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler for eps14:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2010-07-07, 07:30   Link #55
krko
The Movie is Coming

Absolutely hilarious episode. Even without subs, the jokes were pretty easy to get. Mugi is a bucket of laughs for this episode. It's nice how far they took the "please hit me" joke from the manga. And yes, Mugi, I can see why Ritsu would be popular with the ladies. Too bad she has a scary bassist right behind her. However, the best part of the episode is Mugi taking Mio's strawberry. Yui and Mio reactions were pure win. Yui's reaction in particular is a great brick joke. I can relate to going great lengths just to win an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Having only seen the OP and ED so far . . . well, if all the HTT performances from here to the end of the series are done by cardboard cutout, we'll know why. Wow, what mind-blowing animation.
The OP's animation was nice but the ED was fraught with "ways to save on animation without being shaft" techniques. In particular, Mio's mouth is most of the time obscured by her microphone. This is due to the fact that animating the mouth properly is pretty hard, hence the existence of cheeky mouths. There's also the fact that Azusa and Mugi's hands are obscured while they were playing, another particularly tricky part to animate.

I really like OP. The more I watch it the better it gets, kinda like GO! GO! MANIAC!. It really represents the core appeal of K-On, genuine feeling high school hijinks. The can-can dance thing brought back quite a few high school memories. The ED is also really good in that its about or slightly above Don't say Lazy's level. The music is quite good. However it feels forgettable. There's nothing like Listen!'s Cake/Fly Mio thing or Don't Say Lazy's... everything. Instead it has generic sky backgrounds. I somehow feel that its gonna sound really old real quick.

Finally:

Mugi: taking the term "moeblob"to whole new levels. (God, I hate that term)

Last edited by krko; 2010-07-07 at 07:42.
Old 2010-07-07, 08:02   Link #56
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyashiro-sama View Post
I liked this episode! ^-^ Mugi is odd but cute, as always (:

Btw, am I the only one who likes RitsuxMugi? 8D Though I do prefer Ricchan with Mio (who dosn't like Mitsu?), Yui *shot* and Azunyan *shotshotshot*

Can't wait for subs!
Actually after this episode, Mugi/Ritsu idea sounds nice

I actually was expecting to see jealouse Mio through whole thing
Old 2010-07-07, 08:07   Link #57
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

In the credits, you can see the difference in the number of animators between the OP and ED(There are 29 animators credited to be working on the OP, while the ED has 10). You'll also see there were two directors credited for the OP(Naoko Yamada and Tatsuya Ishihara) while the ED has one(Naoko Yamada).
Old 2010-07-07, 08:08   Link #58
kitten320

Yet ED still looks much better despite all that.
Old 2010-07-07, 08:44   Link #59
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yet ED still looks much better despite all that.
Opinions. I prefer the OP's visuals to ED myself.
Old 2010-07-07, 08:57   Link #60
ReddyRedWolf

Guess this episode shows if K-ON! was a dating sim how a Mugi route would have worked.
Closed Thread