AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-29, 21:21   Link #141
~BC~

@KleenexGhost - I know. Just saying the translators are inferring the sex based on the context of the sentence. Not because any sex was specified.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:26   Link #142
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
@KleenexGhost - I know. Just saying the translators are inferring the sex based on the context of the sentence. Not because any sex was specified meaning the writers may throw us a curve-ball later.
True. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Plus, they may not have translated properly. Look at the preview for season 2. Some people say that Saki is saying "I'm going to help Haruto." While others think she's saying "Haruto, help me."
Old 2013-06-29, 21:36   Link #143
~BC~

Eh, thing with the preview isn't the same. It's basically people guessing vs. people who understand the language.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:45   Link #144
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Eh, thing with the preview isn't the same. It's basically people guessing vs. people who understand the language.
Oh, ok. Saki asking for Haruto's help seems a little out of character for her. Don't quote me on this, but I can't recall her ever asking anyone for help in season 1.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:48   Link #145
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I can definitely remember hearing Saki screaming "HARUTO!" whenever she in trouble during some battle with the Dorssian...
Old 2013-06-29, 21:50   Link #146
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I can definitely remember hearing Saki screaming "HARUTO!" whenever she in trouble during some battle with the Dorssian...
I can remember her screaming his name too, but most of the time it was out of concern for him. I think
Old 2013-06-29, 21:53   Link #147
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I can remember her screaming his name too, but most of the time it was out of concern for him. I think
Speaking of that, if my memory serve me right, is it not "Haruto" the only name she scream through out season 1?

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-06-29 at 22:10.
Old 2013-06-29, 21:58   Link #148
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Speaking of that, if my memory serve me right, is it not "Haruto" the only name she screame through out season 1?
Well, she did scream "Inuzuka-senpai" when Kyuuma was in trouble in episode 12
Old 2013-06-29, 22:06   Link #149
~BC~

Quote:
Don't forget the time with the boomerangs in ep. 7 (?). H-Neun was just about to grab her and she sort of whispered Haruto's name before he came to her rescue.
Old 2013-06-29, 22:11   Link #150
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Don't forget the time with the boomerangs in ep. 7 (?). H-Neun was just about to grab her and she sort of whispered Haruto's name before he came to her rescue.
Oh yeah. I pretty much did forget about that lol

I remember that now. Cause I immediately thought "How did he hear her?"

Edit: Just saw a picture of Cain's mark. They look the same.
Old 2013-06-29, 22:17   Link #151
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

During that time, her skill with Carmilla suck big time and always need Haruto to save her. But now look at her, she totally beasting the enemies like squeezing a fly except with the ideals(they are bunch of cheat asshole using these electric boomerang and heat thing)...
Old 2013-06-29, 22:22   Link #152
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
During that time, her skill with Carmilla suck big time and always need Haruto to save her. But now look at her, she totally beasting the enemies like squeezing a fly except with the ideals(they are bunch of cheat asshole using these electric boomerang and heat thing)...
Plus Saki seems like the type to not ask for help. So it must be something serious for her to call out to Haruto for help like she does in the preview.
Old 2013-06-29, 22:38   Link #153
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Plus Saki seems like the type to not ask for help. So it must be something serious for her to call out to Haruto for help like she does in the preview.
Well seeing how Gai almost NTR'd Shu in Guilty Crown until Shu rescued Inori, maybe Cain is going to take Saki as his "bride" until Haruto come and rescued her
Old 2013-06-29, 22:44   Link #154
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Anything is possible. Maybe he proposes Saki fight for him and he'll give her what she wants? Maybe he uses her feelings for Haruto to his advantage?

"You came all this way for him? You must care a lot about your comrades. Or is he more than a comrade to you?"
Old 2013-06-29, 22:51   Link #155
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I want Haruto to do that actually, "You came all this way for she? You must care a lot about your comrades. Or is she more than a comrade to you?". It time for Haruto to sacrifice something for Saki, being a temporary enemy toward your wife(?) isn't that bad. But with the preview, your's is probably more possible.
Old 2013-06-29, 22:57   Link #156
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I don't want her to become a Zessica. By that I mean, I don't her actions to be based on Haruto. The thing I hated most about Zessica was that the majority of her actions were based around trying to win Amata. It made her look pathetic.

That's just something I had to get off my chest
Old 2013-06-29, 23:02   Link #157
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

She is Valvrave's writer/director as well the fandom most favorite character so don't worry about her get the anything like the EVOL's treatment(I actually prefer Mikono since I'm biased toward any long haired girl, that also the reason why I like Saki before even the anime began. Since I'm practically biased toward any long haired girl, especially the one with black-silky hair color.).
Old 2013-06-29, 23:04   Link #158
Key Board
Carbon

I didn't like Zessica, either. She was too straightforward.

Saki keeps me guessing because she's caught between reason and personal desire.

And she's also a liar. She kinda reminds me of Lelouch and his lying tendencies in Code Geass, actually.

I guess Okuchi likes that kind of characters.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-29, 23:16   Link #159
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
She is Valvrave's writer/director as well the fandom most favorite character so don't worry about her get the anything like the EVOL's treatment(I actually prefer Mikono since I'm biased toward any long haired girl).
I'm partial to short hair girls Team Shoko! jk jk I like both Shoko and Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I didn't like Zessica, either. She was too straightforward.

Saki keeps me guessing because she's caught between reason and personal desire.

And she's also a liar. She kinda reminds me of Lelouch and his lying tendencies in Code Geass, actually.

I guess Okuchi likes that kind of characters.
She's the most rounded character to me. L-Elf is kinda bland to me. He feels like Lelouch but not as well written. Guess it's cause we don't really know his motives yet.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:30   Link #160
Key Board
Carbon

I thought L-Elf's motives were always obvious. Liberate Dorsia and free Liselotte.

The problem is he didn't know he was going up against freaking Space Vampire Illuminati.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread

Tags
characters