AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 106 40.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 12.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 6.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 6.56%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-29, 14:57   Link #61
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
I guess it's in writers' plan not to just making all the characters cried their true tears as they came true to their own feelings; they definitely tried to make all the audiences cried as well... So many ppl around here said they wanna cry...
It made me cry, cry true tears that is! For Noe of course. I've never cried for anything that wasn't a death or dramatic happy ending...

Spoiler:

Old 2008-03-29, 14:58   Link #62
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
realy controversial episode for me, not good and not bad, but lacking something more, something more I've expected

Spoiler for hiromi:

the score for competed anime >> 8+/10, or 9-/10
something i have to say about the japanese fans in 2ch, Psyched! The makers of this show really got you. I have to give it to the director of this show and his selection of preview clips.
Old 2008-03-29, 15:00   Link #63
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
Spoiler for final ep.:

Spoiler for above:

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-03-29 at 15:22.
Old 2008-03-29, 15:02   Link #64
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Wow... the pairing I was supporting actually won. That doesn't happen often in the romance-anime I watch.

Narf.
Old 2008-03-29, 15:09   Link #65
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Wow... the pairing I was supporting actually won. That doesn't happen often in the romance-anime I watch.

Narf.
If It wasn't because Aiko didn't win, ill be 100%.
Old 2008-03-29, 15:28   Link #66
ZODDGUTS

Good ending and the only way it should have ended. I couldn't tell what Shin's mom told Hiromi when she went to see her anyone know?
Old 2008-03-29, 15:47   Link #67
Teletha

Good ending for me. Makes me forget the pain of the KimiKiss ending.
Old 2008-03-29, 15:50   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

I watched the RAW a few hours ago, I'm quite satisfied with the ending though like cloudninja and b0nyb0y I would've liked to have seen a scene of them as a couple in school. I know they are officially a couple but it would've been a nice touch, maybe they can insert something in the DVD release. I'll do a more in detail post once I see a subtitled version.

I'm glad I kept my prediction streak alive and I'm happy that track 30 played during the hookup scene. I always thought it would be used for a Hiromi & Shin hook up since the ost was ripped on the 27th of feb and I'm glad to see I was right.

On another note lol @ 2ch for getting sucked in and also golthin can you please translate the dialogue between Shin's mother and Hiromi? You never let me down in the Kimikiss thread, you can do it here!

Also @ tun I lol'd at your ending scene version, and oh props for the script, reading now!
Old 2008-03-29, 15:52   Link #69
vio5555

Honestly I just rewatched the final episode, and I think it does do the series justice overall.

While it surely isn't perfect as nothing ever is, True Tears is probably the top romance anime that I've watched in a while. I feel like both Hiromi and Noe got solid resolution through the ending and can move on having accepted the events in a way that makes both of them better for having gone through it.

I did find it interesting that they sort of didn't really go with displaying the Jibeta ending in the way that I figured they would have from the previous episodes, although I might have missed it...
Old 2008-03-29, 15:53   Link #70
Rembr

Mom said waiting is tough.

And Hiromi thanked her.

That was pretty much it I think.
Old 2008-03-29, 15:55   Link #71
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I couldn't tell what Shin's mom told Hiromi when she went to see her anyone know?
She says it takes stamina/strength to wait. Hence bringing something to eat.

Shin's mother's turnaround has been a bit of a confusion for me the entire series. I've developed a secret theory that she sees herself in Hiromi, because Shin's dad was in a similar situation when they were younger, with Shin's mom as Hiromi, and Hiromi's mom as Noe, only Shin's mom never broke free of her resentment.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:00   Link #72
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes I'm guessing she went through something similar with her husband and Hiromi's mother, they don't outright state it but it seems to be one of those things you have to read in between the lines.

Oh yeah Hiromi in workout gear = sexy.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:01   Link #73
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post

Shin's mother's turnaround has been a bit of a confusion for me the entire series. I've developed a secret theory that she sees herself in Hiromi, because Shin's dad was in a similar situation when they were younger, with Shin's mom as Hiromi, and Hiromi's mom as Noe, only Shin's mom never broke free of her resentment.
Actually I was thinking something along these lines as well.

Shin's mom said that Hiromi looked like her mother (in the sense of being that kind of beauty I guess?).

I figured it meant that Shin's mom was like the 3rd wheel but ended up "winning" in some sense, but never got over that Shin's dad might have been interested in Hiromi's mom or something when they were younger. It might have all been before they got married even or even met, but I guess she just wasn't able to get over it until she saw Hiromi in the crash incident.

Around there it seems as if she sort of understood what Hiromi was going through maybe because of what she went through...?

Either way, I suppose my take was similar to yours, it'd be nice to have gotten some kind of background on that...
Old 2008-03-29, 16:04   Link #74
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
noe lost...
my first reaction was "orz" but then i thought about it and came to teh conclusion that he didn't deserve noe...
seeing shin crying while noe, looking unfazed, walks away after he confirms his love for hiromi was amusing to watch...
oh... and he cries while singing from the top of his lungs the aburamushi song, including the part about yuasa hiromi being in his heart... (orz... i had to lower the volume while he was singing, it's 0200 here)

and speaking of shuffle... the circumstances between hiromi-noe-shin reminded me between kaede-asa-that guy from shuffle... where kaede=hirom asa=noe and shin=that guy...
but hiromi won here though noe is my fave and i didn't like hiromi while in shuffle
Spoiler for shuffle end girl:

oh well...

hiromi and shin deserve each other...

ps: was there a significance to that boy behind jun while he was exiting the bus?(though there probably isn't)
Well i guess i can see why some ppl were hoping for the "unexpected" instead of the "expected"..not that i'm against any of it,just that if i were to make a choice,i would rather go for something "expected" and "predicted".Shuffle is one of those series that makes me goes "wtf" because the series ended with Rin going for the "unexpected" girl.It really makes me sad because i was cheering for Kaede at that time,since Kaede got all the reasons she need to win Rin's love,which somewhat makes me believe that she was "obviously" the winner for that series..too bad i was wrong about that

But in True Tears,its different.The story had already been decided not by the girl's act...but by Shinichiro's choice since episode 1.He had his eyes on Hiromi since the beginning of the episode...and not only that,he somewhat realize that something is not okay with Hiromi,and give a deep thought about it.Whatever things that Hiromi did,it certainly bothered Shin alot.

Compared to Noe,which only talks about Jibeta and Raigomaru in front of Shin,Hiromi was more straightforward about her feelings for Shin,which made Shin feel guilty and sad,thinking that he wasn't able to help her in whatever way.From episode 1 until the end,its Hiromi that manage to get Shin's attention,and she did that more than Noe.Aiko?I never actually putting my hope on her,since she was more like a "stranger" in the series,rather than being an important character like Noe and Hiromi.Beside the way Shinichiro thinks and treat her gave us enough hint to conclude that her job as a "love rival" in True Tears already end.Its a pity fact but at least,she got some courage there to trap Shin inside the shop and steal his first kiss.

Anyway its a great twist and confrontation there between Noe - Shinichiro - Hiromi...Noe is indeed cute and moe,and she did attract my attention during the beginning of the story.However the sudden 180 degree change in Hiromi surely made me lock my eyes on her till the end of the episode.Hiromi's characteristic fits my "girlfriend of my dream" description well...how i wish if there's a girl like her in this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
it seems people around here wants an alternate ending ova like kgne...
but for me i'd rather have an after story ova showing the days of isurugi noe...
how she spends time with her new friends...
where she finally finds someone better than shin and her reminiscing about how a fool she was...
and hopefully not her visiting her brother in prison because of alleged shota rape...(though that would be fine too)
Well i don't think there will be an OVA or 2nd season for True Tears,seeing that everything had been wrapped perfectly at the end of episode.Unless if they plan to make the story different than the original story (just like School Days OVA),but that will surely ruin the whole concept of True Tears story.

But an OVA based on your idea is not bad anyway...i can imagine it as a cheerful episode,free from any cry and tears

Good job to the animators for bringing the whole storyline to the top...it was certainly worth it to watch the series from the beginning till the end.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:13   Link #75
ani_d

Finally, I can move on with my life lol

Spoiler for 13:
Old 2008-03-29, 16:19   Link #76
bullrogg

yes....the ending i wanted.

...time for some flaming at another forum.....
Old 2008-03-29, 16:23   Link #77
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post

Yeah, I can believe that theory!
Old 2008-03-29, 16:23   Link #78
vio5555

@ ani_d

I don't know about that; sure you always ended up defending Noe and I (along with others) always for some reason tended to lean towards Hiromi; I think the end showed that he had strong feelings for both in some sense. I think the shippers on both sides can be satisfied with that at least, since in some sense I think people on both sides early on were trying to simplify it into a box of him only really liking one of them.

Spoiler for 13:

This episode makes me appreciate a lot more, Shin's actions in 10-12, since I think I was perhaps blinded somewhat to his feelings for Noe when I argued that he should have been doing things properly at least somewhat. He legitimately had feelings for her, and although the resolution was hard on both; I think it really did do the series justice as I said above.
Old 2008-03-29, 16:32   Link #79
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

westlo, dare i declare victory for the good guys? i'm downloading the raw as well as woofs translation for the "one scene that matters.."
Old 2008-03-29, 16:33   Link #80
Westlo
Lets be reality

Haha gt I can't believe you're in this thread, so much for staying away from these sites on the weekend. I was going to do that initially but my internet is about to be throttled to dial up speeds any hour soon... I'll hit you up with something to make your raw viewing better, you can thank tun for it.
Closed Thread