AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Divers - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 85.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-08-07, 04:39   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Divers - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Gundam Build Divers, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 05:35   Link #2
Skye629

Oh hey, he FINALLY lost after going on win/rank streak

But more importantly, they upped the overall animation/quality of this episode, I hope this continues to some degree
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 06:25   Link #3
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

I was already rolling my eyes halfway though the ep thinking "oh boy Riku's gonna go Marty Stu again and win this battle with some asspull".

Well the asspull did happen, but man the ending is so satisfying.
Old 2018-08-07, 07:22   Link #4
Tenzen12

Yep finnally Rikku lost against he should, now he can start winning properly.
Old 2018-08-07, 07:28   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Finally we get to see Riku's definite loss. It's long overdue.

I'm kinda mixed about it though. On one hand, Riku did eventually overpower Tigerwolf in the match, but they didn't overdo Riku's OP-ness by making his mech unable to handle the output while Tigerwolf is still able to stand. But at the end of the day, I'm generally okay with it.

This is the first Riku's official loss that we need but not quite deserve. Why? Because, at the end of the day, Riku still lost to his master, not his peers, unlike what happened to the MCs of GBF & GBFT. To me, the result of this battle is more like "Well, duh!" instead of "OMG, he actually lost?!". It's like having mid-show Reiji fight Chinan or Ramba when both of them are totally serious. Of course Reiji would've lost right there and then against masters.

And speaking of Tigerwolf, some of the comments from the characters are right about him. Tigerwolf can be rather childish. He's impatient to fight Riku to the point where he challenged him when he is still ranked 10. For all the boast that Tigerwolf spout about wanting to challenge stronger opponents, he pretty much did the opposite this episode by challenging Riku which is several ranks below him .

Other than that, nice fights. I still see some cutting-corners but the battle and animation are overall pretty good.
Old 2018-08-07, 07:46   Link #6
Tenzen12

i don't think official ranking matter here. If Tiger aknowledged Rikku as worthy opponent he was most likely right especially as Getting into top10 is nothing to scoff at.
Old 2018-08-07, 07:56   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Eh, it's fine if you think that way. Me, I agree with what Syahriar said about Tiger, and even Tiger himself acknowledged it.
Old 2018-08-07, 08:06   Link #8
Tenzen12

Syahriar was right, I didn't disagree with him, just you.
Old 2018-08-07, 08:58   Link #9
charasu
DigiDestinied

wew, that intense, good thing they only use the finishing attack at the end only :v

now, i curious about the name of new move :v
Old 2018-08-07, 09:04   Link #10
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Syahriar was right, I didn't disagree with him, just you.
Why though? My opinion is mostly molded from Syahriar's impression. Is there even a need to disagree with me?
Old 2018-08-07, 09:30   Link #11
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so its Trans-Am Burst VS Hyper mode.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-07, 09:39   Link #12
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Why though? My opinion is mostly molded from Syahriar's impression. Is there even a need to disagree with me?
Basicaly because whether Tiger is petty or childish is unrelated to whether Riku is worthy game. Syahriar never said Riku is too weak to be chalanged only that Tiger has bad timing with Raid being close. As Gunpla freak said Tiger is Battle freak firist and foremost. He wouldn't chalange someone who he doesn't think would make him run for his money.
Old 2018-08-07, 09:56   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The implication of Syahriar's words is that Riku will be even more "ripe" and stronger at the time of the Raid, but Tiger just had to rush to challenge Riku right now even though a bit more patience could've brought Tiger a stronger Riku as a more worthy opponent. At that point, Tiger's craving for battle actually clashed with his original wish. Tiger just didn't realize it and Syahriar could see that. That's how I see it too. Yet, Tiger was simply too excited about the battle to care.
Old 2018-08-07, 10:14   Link #14
Tenzen12

And I disagree about such implication being here in any form or shape in this particular case. Riku wasn object of their conversation and Syahriar didn't even scimmed over Riku's abilities or potential
Old 2018-08-07, 10:36   Link #15
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Okay then. Agree to disagree.
Old 2018-08-07, 11:46   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The implication of Syahriar's words is that Riku will be even more "ripe" and stronger at the time of the Raid, but Tiger just had to rush to challenge Riku right now even though a bit more patience could've brought Tiger a stronger Riku as a more worthy opponent. At that point, Tiger's craving for battle actually clashed with his original wish. Tiger just didn't realize it and Syahriar could see that. That's how I see it too. Yet, Tiger was simply too excited about the battle to care.
I don't think the line about the Raid was related to Riku either, Shahry was warning him that by fighting a strong opponent like Riku before it, he would end up revealing his most secret techniques (and it happened), which will hinder him for the Raid since other players will be able to come up with countermeasures. And in fact, Rommel's team was analyzing his battle against Riku, but destroyed the data because man's honor and all that stuff.

Both Tiger and Shahry already recognize Riku as a worthy opponent. Shahry's point was that there was a better time and place to have this battle.

00 Sky's hand to hand mode was pretty sweet. Aren't Riku's gunpla building skills a bit too awesome though? He's been making some crazy stuff. Sure, his gunpla couldn't handle his special move, but that's because he thought it up on the spot. It'll be ready next time. Meanwhile, Koichi, who is supposed to be one of the top Builders, isn't doing anything with his gunpla. Of course, Riku's growth is obviously thanks to him, so he gets some points there.

Anyway, I'm happy Riku lost and hasn't surpassed his master yet.
Old 2018-08-07, 12:16   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think the line about the Raid was related to Riku either, Shahry was warning him that by fighting a strong opponent like Riku before it, he would end up revealing his most secret techniques (and it happened), which will hinder him for the Raid since other players will be able to come up with countermeasures. And in fact, Rommel's team was analyzing his battle against Riku, but destroyed the data because man's honor and all that stuff.

Both Tiger and Shahry already recognize Riku as a worthy opponent. Shahry's point was that there was a better time and place to have this battle.
Funnily enough, I always think Syahriar's worries about "exposing your finishing move" is merely a side-concern. Why? Well, 1) These guys are famous veterans and have been through god-knows how many battles and tournaments before. It's practically impossible to hide their finishing moves from the audience during those major tournaments. 2) Veterans like them can always upgrade their mechs and techniques 3) In raid battles, cooperation with your party is arguably more important than a one-man-army leaders. Thus, I sensed Syahriar also indirectly included Riku in the conversation (in a way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
00 Sky's hand to hand mode was pretty sweet. Aren't Riku's gunpla building skills a bit too awesome though? He's been making some crazy stuff. Sure, his gunpla couldn't handle his special move, but that's because he thought it up on the spot. It'll be ready next time.

Anyway, I'm happy Riku lost and hasn't surpassed his master yet.
That's why I'm mixed with the way Riku lost this episode. It's more like a "shy win" rather than a decisive loss. Though I'm still generally okay with the loss itself.
Old 2018-08-07, 12:46   Link #18
Tenzen12

That's certainly not how it works. You can't upgrade MS infinetely. at some point not without major reconstruction at least. Getting new techniques is even more difficult and time consuming. Newbies who that start with zero have much easier time to improve then veterans who already reached peak perfomence for both themself and their MS.
/
I wouldn't be even surprised if Tiger got defeated on that Raid now as introduction for new enemy/rival, because of revealing his cards without enough time to get create new ones.
Old 2018-08-07, 14:14   Link #19
BoyTitan

Would have done better to have his power up come a separate episode. The ending was satisfying and funny. But imagine how much better it would have been if riku lost this episode then another episode he gets his amazing special move when we as the audience are rooting for him. Just bad pacing.
Old 2018-08-07, 18:52   Link #20
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Would have done better to have his power up come a separate episode. The ending was satisfying and funny. But imagine how much better it would have been if riku lost this episode then another episode he gets his amazing special move when we as the audience are rooting for him. Just bad pacing.
Then we'd be complaining about an asspull win.

IMO its better to set up a finishing/signature move prior, or set some sort of precedence for it existing
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote