AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-09-10, 15:16   Link #3441
WingedAccelerator

Unlike Fumino, Senpai could have a valid reason. While Fumino doing her thing for friendship is nice and all, no one asked or forced her to play a sacrificial lamb. It's actually worse on her route, because Rizu knew all along she had the hots for Nariyuki, Uruka instantly noticed after she got turned down. So it was like self-inflicted stupidity on her part multiple times.

If the clinic is responsible for Papa Yuiga's death, or could have saved him and Senpai noticed from the records, she could take up self-inflicted punishment on herself by not acting upon her romantic feelings. Better than forgiving Truck-kun's driver, who killed your (ex)girlfriend because you are dating his daughter.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-10, 15:39   Link #3442
Lex79

Luckily if I understood what you are referring to I managed to avoid it due to having put the author on my personal blacklist after a not so pleasant experience concerning a town where some people lived.

Anyway, the Kominami clinic being somehow involved in the father's death is the first thing I thought of. If that's the case, I wonder if Tsutsui will be able to handle such a situation in the remaining 5 chapters.
Old 2020-09-10, 16:20   Link #3443
WingedAccelerator

Some people lived, some people raged. Actually, a lot of people raged...

I can't see Nariyuki having second thoughts about a possible reveal like that since he has a fairly good opinion on the Kominami family from his own experience. I think he will just forgive them if that's the case and goes with the reasonable view that doctors can't save everyone, but at least he knows they tried. What will matter for him is their honest apology. Ultimately he can propose Senpai some atonement of staying with him forever acting as a confession, but it's also a mood swing territory.
Old 2020-09-12, 09:56   Link #3444
bastek66

Huh, viz fucked up and uploaded 173rd chapter two days ago
Old 2020-09-14, 00:09   Link #3445
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well interesting to see where they went with it. All the more so since it has some nice layers. Yuiga figures he pushed too hard and as a result Asumi pulled back from him. While in reality around that time she realized (probably) that her clinic was connected to his father's death. Must have been something significant on their side for her to pull back like that. Or I suppose she could have simply felt like it was wrong to be with him when her family failed to save his even if there was nothing they did wrong.

This is a pretty big thing to tackle. Hopefully it gets handled well. Certainly the addition of Asumi's father to the mix both ties in well to the issue and should be a good push forward.

I wonder how much Asumi actually told that girl in such a short period of time? Must have been rather significant regardless to send her running off like that .
Old 2020-09-14, 07:07   Link #3446
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

plot thickens
my favorite arc so far

as expected, there are so many unexplored stories between Yuiga and Asumi
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-17, 04:25   Link #3447
WingedAccelerator

The chapter will be out on MANGA Plus tommorow.

Based on the korean scans, it's a meaty chapter.
After the usual "pretending to be a couple" act, Papa Kominami reveals the whole Papa Yuiga incident to Nariyuki, we get flashbacks. Either to this or to Nariyuki saying something about Senpai, Senpai drops her umbrella in the rain and runs away, when she came across them talking. Nariyuki catches her hand and she falls to her knees, making the plushie that Nariyuki made for her drop from her pocket. Heavy blushing from her. One of the kids, I think Taichi, tells them that two other kids are in danger as the pier stage broke down in the storm, while the kids stuck at the end, trying to save a cat.
Old 2020-09-19, 10:25   Link #3448
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Boom. Well that dropped a lot in a hurry. So it was that kind of regret. Not really anyone’s fault and that clinic has limits. Sending him to a bigger hospital was probably the sensible move. It just...didn’t end well. At least Yuiga knows what is up.

Now the only thing is for Senpai to be honest with herself and Yuiga. Though even then the truth is pretty loudly broadcasted with her keeping that gift on her all this time.

Throw in an immediate crisis to help push things along. If Yuiga nearly dies saving those kids or something like that then we might get Senpai cracking and just admitting her feelings.
Old 2020-09-20, 03:02   Link #3449
WingedAccelerator

You can spot Sensei, the Principal, and the lingerie store owner from Chapter 28 during the funeral. And apparently the delinquents as well from Papa Yuiga's flashback from Fumino's route. Nice details.

I think this route is quite intact. The usual dragging is the least noticeable.
Old 2020-09-25, 16:48   Link #3450
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I can't believe Nariyuki is dead.
Old 2020-09-26, 06:10   Link #3451
WingedAccelerator

This time around, he will be the obligatory ghost of the route.
Old 2020-09-27, 15:54   Link #3452
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I got to say this went pretty darn well. Heck even Asumi's dad is getting good character moments. Even if he felt too much guilt for making the best call he could at the time, I love that he just leapt into the situation to save Nariyuki. He sure didn't stop to say "I'm a doctor, not a lifeguard."

And honestly it does set things up nicely. Asumi has to step up. She's got to overcome herself in order to protect the life her dad got hurt for, the guy she likes, and to fulfill the dream she's had for herself in the first place of being a doctor. It all comes together here. She can save the person she cares about right here and now.
Old 2020-09-27, 17:00   Link #3453
nfsac

2 more chapters and we can start sensei?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-27, 18:31   Link #3454
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

This arc is so good it humiliates the previous arcs hard.
Old 2020-10-04, 11:29   Link #3455
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
This arc is so good it humiliates the previous arcs hard.
that's so true

Spoiler for ...:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-04, 13:00   Link #3456
Lex79

This arc turned out to be better than I expected, only nitpick is that I feel the drama was a bit forced..
Final chapter next week, and then the last route.
Old 2020-10-04, 13:31   Link #3457
WingedAccelerator

This chapter tired everything together quite nicely I would say. Being fake girlfriend and boyfriend, Nariyuki's father, Asumi's path as a doctor, the sewing lesson from the beginning etc. Well done.

When Nariyuki woke up, that dialogue was how 5toubun started, but cram school edition.
Old 2020-10-04, 14:59   Link #3458
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
This arc turned out to be better than I expected, only nitpick is that I feel the drama was a bit forced..
Final chapter next week, and then the last route.
I was sure we got two chapters more not one.
Old 2020-10-04, 15:18   Link #3459
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I was sure we got two chapters more not one.
This chapter is part 8, and so far all routes have been 9 chapters, so there should be one more left.
Old 2020-10-04, 16:51   Link #3460
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Heck of a nice job done on this arc. A perfect way to just tie everything together. From the confession, to Asumi’s first surgery being to save Nariyuki’s life, to heck even his helping her sew up wounds neatly. It was pretty perfect.

Very nice.

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba