3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-07, 16:06   Link #21
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I fully expect for the G-Self to be lost in one form or another by the end of this. Which makes me sad, 'cause the thing's grown on me. I'd hate to see it destroyed.
Old 2015-03-08, 02:40   Link #22
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So G-Self can change forms on the fly, huh?

Meanwhile, having Luin Lee's team pairing up with the G-IT Corps won't last long...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 17:11   Link #23
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Meanwhile, having Luin Lee's team pairing up with the G-IT Corps won't last long...
Thats the fun part were looking forward to hahaha
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 18:29   Link #24
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what is up with that one Git Police guy "attracted to the light"? is he like paranoid that the war might spread back to his homeland thus causing him to have natural reflexes to fight back that in turns makes him a sacrificed hero? well i don't blame him considering what the fuck just happened to the Venus Globe because of G-IT Corps's sheer stupidity.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 03:21   Link #25
Sokaku
Type 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
what is up with that one Git Police guy "attracted to the light"? is he like paranoid that the war might spread back to his homeland thus causing him to have natural reflexes to fight back that in turns makes him a sacrificed hero? well i don't blame him considering what the fuck just happened to the Venus Globe because of G-IT Corps's sheer stupidity.
He was Polit rather than G-IT Corps. I just put it down to another bizarre character decision that Reconguista is littered with.
Sokaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 10:16   Link #26
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokaku View Post
He was Polit rather than G-IT Corps. I just put it down to another bizarre character decision that Reconguista is littered with.
i am aware that G-IT Corps is a separate faction from Git Police/Polit of the Venus Globe who are enemies, well we saw them trying to murder each other previously & they allied themselves with Ameria/Megafauna while their enemy the G-IT Corps allied with Capital Army, also due to the damage done on one of their colony islands caused by G-IT Corps's ignorant actions that may harm their respective homes filled with their loved ones caused by the war in the first place,

that one Git Police/Polit guy who goes suicide on Towasaga's Rock Pie who is "the light that attracts him" (which probably means serious threat) that i am talking about must be suffering from some sort of PTSD that he went berserk to the point he fights all by himself at the powerful Rock Pie who already laid waste to several Capital Army units earlier including everyone's beloved anger management problem guy & his Wuxia, that Polit dude must be over paranoid over the safety of his homeland to the point of mental breakdown that he did a last minute desperate action.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-03-09, 16:01   Link #27
Skye629

Quote:
i am aware that G-IT Corps is a separate faction from Git Police/Polit of the Venus Globe who are enemies, well we saw them trying to murder each other previously & they allied themselves with Ameria/Megafauna while their enemy the G-IT Corps allied with Capital Army, also due to the damage done on one of their colony islands caused by G-IT Corps's ignorant actions that may harm their respective homes filled with their loved ones caused by the war in the first place,

that one Git Police/Polit guy who goes suicide on Towasaga's Rock Pie who is "the light that attracts him" (which probably means serious threat) that i am talking about must be suffering from some sort of PTSD that he went berserk to the point he fights all by himself at the powerful Rock Pie who already laid waste to several Capital Army units earlier including everyone's beloved anger management problem guy & his Wuxia, that Polit dude must be over paranoid over the safety of his homeland to the point of mental breakdown that he did a last minute desperate action.
I think you're thinking too much into this, its probably just more weird Tomino stuff that all of a sudden pilots are like insects attracted to a dangerous light (of a battle)
Old 2015-03-09, 18:42   Link #28
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I think you're thinking too much into this, its probably just more weird Tomino stuff that all of a sudden pilots are like insects attracted to a dangerous light (of a battle)
well i sort of had seen enough weird & out of place hilarious Tomino randomness which makes me think what is actually running in his head that does not have to do with his Kill' em all status, from Heavy Metal L-Gaim to that Wings of Rean,
if you think V Gundam's bikini commando squad seems normal to you, also Brain Powered's glorious OP sequence (NSFW) that is for a series that is not an ecchi fanservice type, its like we must understand his mood swings
Old 2015-03-09, 23:23   Link #29
ReddyRedWolf

Does Raraiya even remember that she peeked on Belri's goods before full of curiosity?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 06:03   Link #30
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:

Being exposed to a life-and-death situation for the first time does mess up minds if one is not mentally strong to face it.
Old 2015-03-10, 21:32   Link #31
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
Being exposed to a life-and-death situation for the first time does mess up minds if one is not mentally strong to face it.
Generally though IRL the reaction for greenhorn soldiers is to RUN AWAY from the fighting, not TOWARDS it, in such situations lol

And its not like they were in a situation where they were pinned down either and had nowhere else to go

Tomino logic, or just really bad writing (or both). They needed an excuse for Bell to intervene despite them just keeping track of the situation/observing
Old 2015-03-10, 23:51   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Tomino logic, or just really bad writing (or both). They needed an excuse for Bell to intervene despite them just keeping track of the situation/observing
I’d say both. Tomino can be a bit ridiculous and silly sometimes (or many times).

All in all, G-Reco & Turn-A are perfect examples of series where nobody could hold back Tomino’s outburst of ideas and help him to slow/calm down and made the story more coherent. In MSG, Hajime Yatate and (to some extend) Yoshikazu Yasuhiko still able to “reign” or “control” him that the pacing is not as superfast with so much infodump left and right (even for Tomino’s series’ standards) and have a lot better characterization. Thank god Origin 1 is directed by Yasuhiko and Imanishi instead of Tomino again. Better to contain Tomino’s crazyness in his own brand new series.

All that said, for all its shortcomings, I still immensely enjoy G-Reco. Beside the rich visuals and the exceptionally beautiful mecha fights that can give Gundam Unicorn & 00 a run for its money, I like the overall lack of EMO-ness of this series. Making this a good entertainment for me when I just want to sit back and enjoy all the eye-candy.
Old 2015-03-11, 05:10   Link #33
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I like the overall lack of EMO-ness of this series.
THIS.

The one factor in this series that makes it loveable for me too.
Old 2015-03-11, 05:24   Link #34
Skye629

Yup I agree, its a nice break from standard gundam tropes

The mech designs are so unique too, and Ive actually warmed up to quite a few of them (especially the G-Self) despite my scorn in the early reveals