AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-26, 14:51   Link #21
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Ui would never do anything that hurts Yui. Even if Ui is theoretically better at most stuff Yui can do (like playing guitar), she would never go against her sister in some sort of head-on competition, or lose if she had no other choice. She values Yui's pride over that of herself.

However, I think Yui's skills shouldn't be underestimated either. For her, motivation is the key to her determination and if she can beat Azusa in terms of guitar skills during performances, she could probably outdo Ui as well. And even if she were to lose against her, Yui would probably be more determined to become even better in the long run, and her sister would support her all the way through.
Old 2010-08-26, 17:20   Link #22
farhan

well..ui-chan is a perfect 'bride-to-be'.. ^^
Old 2010-08-26, 18:13   Link #23
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

My theory on how Ui and Yui is better during concerts:

1. They don't feel nervousness completely. But rather is excited right (somewhat pushing an adrenalin rush perhaps) ? Ui's great skills are due to her trying to "protect Yui," while Yui's just...Yui. XD
Old 2010-08-27, 10:51   Link #24
Dark Wing

I'd say that Ui is still awesome (all sis-con tendencies aside) she is a quick learner during that episode she hit a home run after watching the father teach his son how to hit the ball.
Old 2010-08-27, 11:22   Link #25
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Ui is undercover yandere.

now seriously, she's learning so fast it's scary, have obsession with Yui, and very mature.
I liked how she pretened to be Yui in ep 21 and hugged Azusa.
Old 2010-09-08, 22:36   Link #26
Chocolate Pocky

I never knew Ui was an inch shorter than Yui...They weigh the same tho. I listened to Ui's character songs, and her voice just like made me melt, she's so cute!I got them in my ipod and Whenever I hear them, I smile automaticly.
I wonder if her good atmosphere around her is contagious. In a good way....
Old 2010-09-09, 02:52   Link #27
Sparvid
*hic*

From the Wild Mass Guessing page on TV Tropes:
Quote:
Ui is (or at least used to be) The Un Favourite.

Yui's name is written with the kanji 唯 ("only"), implying that the Hirasawa parents did not want more than one child. Ui's name is written with the kanji 憂 ("grief" or "melancholy" - just like in 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 or The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya), which may be an indication of how the parents reacted to the birth of an unplanned second child. The reason why Yui is so lazy and immature is that their parents doted on her, while making Ui do the household chores. However, they managed to do this without outright abuse, which is why Ui became responsible and caring, rather than resentful and envious (the fact that Yui herself was very nice to her, as seen in the Christmas flashback, must have helped as well). They probably learned to accept and love their younger daughter eventually, after seeing that she had become an indispensable part of the family.
Well, that's... kind of dark.
Old 2010-09-09, 03:22   Link #28
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I'm almost gonna hate the Hirasawa parents for this =S Damn.

But then again...it's history XD
Old 2010-09-09, 05:04   Link #29
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I wish I had a younger sister like Ui.

No, wait.

I wish one of my friends had a younger sister like Ui.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2010-09-09, 08:09   Link #30
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I wouldn't mind having Ui as a younger sister. lol
Old 2010-09-09, 16:36   Link #31
Chocolate Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I wouldn't mind having Ui as a younger sister. lol
Me either. I don't think anyone would. If I had the chance to have Ui for one day, I would like, hug her all day
Old 2010-09-10, 08:12   Link #32
Sparvid
*hic*

loli-Ui from the flashbacks =

Old 2010-09-11, 10:22   Link #33
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

ROFL!

So...who's agreeing with me that Ui will always want the best of Yui even if it involves Yui becoming more independent?
Old 2010-09-12, 01:35   Link #34
alucard13mm

if Yui died.. do you think Ui will go insane and do a "norman bates" from psycho? i don't think she can deal with the loss of her dear sister.. in fact, i think Ui will pretend to be her to fill in the void.

i think she can fool anything besides Sawa chan.
Old 2010-09-12, 19:29   Link #35
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

just losing Yui for 1 or 2 days was unbearable for her. =/

I predict Ui would just dress like Yui to the point of fooling herself.

She can fool anyone (except Sawa-chan) including herself. ^.^
Old 2010-09-13, 02:40   Link #36
alucard13mm

lol.. at times i think ui might be insane. i speculate she will try to get into the same university as Yui.. just so she can keep an eye on her dear older sister.

they should make a horror/suspense special for k-on.. where Yui's friends are getting murdered and no one will suspect that the killer is Ui who wants Yui for herself. Somewhat similar to higurashi, with loli kill each other.

of course some people may argue, "but wait! wouldn't murdering Yui's friends make Yui sad? and Ui wants her sister to be happy!!" who knows what goes on in a psychotic killer's head.
Old 2010-09-13, 04:55   Link #37
krko
The Movie is Coming

With all this talk of yandere Ui, there's actually very little to support that in the manga or anime. In fact:
Spoiler for What little part of the manga that can still be spoilt:
Old 2010-09-13, 07:22   Link #38
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
lol.. at times i think ui might be insane. i speculate she will try to get into the same university as Yui.. just so she can keep an eye on her dear older sister.

they should make a horror/suspense special for k-on.. where Yui's friends are getting murdered and no one will suspect that the killer is Ui who wants Yui for herself. Somewhat similar to higurashi, with loli kill each other.

of course some people may argue, "but wait! wouldn't murdering Yui's friends make Yui sad? and Ui wants her sister to be happy!!" who knows what goes on in a psychotic killer's head.
dude , don't confuse Ui with Sylar from Heroes

Last edited by Ritsu026; 2010-09-13 at 12:09.
Old 2010-09-13, 11:39   Link #39
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I don't get the whole yandere thing either.

Ui is obsessed, but far from insane and if the last chapter is anything to go by, she's even more mature than we know her for.

She'll probably still support her sister if she needs to, but I don't think she'll end up stalking her. It's in both girls' interest to properly grow up and as things look now, Yui is well on her way, and once Yui has truly grown up, so will Ui.
Old 2010-09-14, 01:50   Link #40
fukarming

I found anime Ui's reaction strange when his sister left for school trip. Yui had left home for club trips before (to Mugi's villas) and Ui don't even request to tag along.

Besides even anime Ui is less yandere compare to Yakumo (school rumble). I recall a scene in SR when someone badmouth Tenma Yakumo becomes scary/ angry. I don't recall Ui ever angry in K-on. Ui goes watery eye when Yui was referred as leftover.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters