AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-27, 22:57   Link #41
GundamZZ
残念美人

The episode 4, Rygart is becoming Shinji of Evangeleon. After he tries to leaves things behind, he decides to abandon his peace talk plan and rejoin Krishina's army. The turn of event is sad. If this episdoe ends in peace, there will be robots showdown.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 07:04   Link #42
Eclipze

Geez, they just HAD to make Rygart get the soldier killed due to his ignorance huh? It got worse when he was STILL trying to get the enemy to surrender after she had executed his rescuer. You would think someone like him in their war-torn world would be a little more perceptive of the god damned situation.

I like how Zess' group acted like they were the victims in all this.

They have been actively killing soldiers who were merely protecting their own borders (they even have a fucking quota). They are the ones on the offensive in this conflict (they are invading foreign land). Yet his group (at least the female pilot) considers the other side as barbarians (lol). Cleo being 12 pushes the boundaries of "cliche mecha anime teen pilots" as well, made even worse when she is given the body of an adult women. But I guess we should all just consider Zess an idiot for not even seeking dialog personally with the king to convince him, considering that they were friends back in the academy. He could have found out about the hidden surrendering condition that way as well. But nope, being a mindless drone is easier apparently.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 09:04   Link #43
cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Geez, they just HAD to make Rygart get the soldier killed due to his ignorance huh? It got worse when he was STILL trying to get the enemy to surrender after she had executed his rescuer. You would think someone like him in their war-torn world would be a little more perceptive of the god damned situation.
In Rygart's defense: Even though he went to military school, he has always worked on his dad's farm, he's not a soldier. On top of that he hates violence and conflicts. (Hence Zess's surprise Rygart is in that mecha). Even seeing his rescuer getting killed, doesn't immediately turn him into a killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
But I guess we should all just consider Zess an idiot for not even seeking dialog personally with the king to convince him, considering that they were friends back in the academy. He could have found out about the hidden surrendering condition that way as well. But nope, being a mindless drone is easier apparently.
That annoyed me as well. Not just Zess not going to Hodr, but moreso Rygart not saying it during his talk with Zess. After Zess asks: "Terms?" Rygart conveniently stays silent to let Zess concentrate on his comrades. It's highly unbelievable that he doesn't ask Zess why he wants his friends death.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:00   Link #44
DMurphy

New person here!

I have to admit, Zess is starting to get on my nerves a lot. Someone you trust is angrily talking about 'terms' as if you know what they mean? Stop going 'terms?!' to yourself and ask them what terms they mean. If it turns out that we could have avoided half the conflict in the series if Zess had just asked a simple question, I'll be quite vexed.

I am enjoying this series, though. I like Rygart, I like Sigyn and Hodr, I think the mecha are well designed (I've seen more inspiring designs, but I've also seen far, far worse), and it's genuinely nice to see an anime with from-the-looks-of-it South Asian characters in.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 14:21   Link #45
ookamigirl

Episode 3

Spoiler for plot:

Episode 4

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 15:40   Link #46
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
and it's genuinely nice to see an anime with from-the-looks-of-it South Asian characters in.
...named after Norse deities. I never understood the logic in that...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 16:44   Link #47
Tiberium Wolf

Geh... no fansubs! So for HxH that's repeating we have ppl to do it. Doh!
Old 2014-04-30, 21:04   Link #48
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
...named after Norse deities. I never understood the logic in that...
...but the person of his reference is most likely Dan/Daniel. Daniel is "God judges me" in Latin and "Don" in French. The shows make more apparent reference to India (Krishna, Assam schoool) and Greek(Athena). Their cultures have more resemblance(even tiny) in the show. Krishna is governed by a monarchy and Athena is governed by the council.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 22:43   Link #49
Death Usagi
Banned

Rygart is totally Kira Yamato =w=
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:32   Link #50
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
...but the person of his reference is most likely Dan/Daniel. Daniel is "God judges me" in Latin and "Don" in French. The shows make more apparent reference to India (Krishna, Assam schoool) and Greek(Athena). Their cultures have more resemblance(even tiny) in the show. Krishna is governed by a monarchy and Athena is governed by the council.
I was actually making reference to Hodr, but I mean, yes, Dan as well, and it looks like there are several other characters who will fit the description of 'somewhat ambiguously South Asian'.

Which, hey, I'll go for. Break Blade seems to be set in ~*~THE FUTURE~*~, I have zero problems buying a country that seems equally divided between South Asians and Extremely Scandinavian Looking People, where the country itself has an Indian name and the people have Norse names.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:40   Link #51
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Rygart is totally Kira Yamato =w=
Well his character development is fairly different though...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 11:46   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I was actually making reference to Hodr, but I mean, yes, Dan as well, and it looks like there are several other characters who will fit the description of 'somewhat ambiguously South Asian'.

Which, hey, I'll go for. Break Blade seems to be set in ~*~THE FUTURE~*~, I have zero problems buying a country that seems equally divided between South Asians and Extremely Scandinavian Looking People, where the country itself has an Indian name and the people have Norse names.
Now that you mentioned it, yeah, I suppose it is nice to have some pseudo South-Asian culture in it even if only names and characters’ physique.

Oh and if you like fighting & want to see a more South-Asian-esque anime, you can try Shurato. Some people call Shurato a “Hindu Saint Seiya” which is fitting since the theme of the show is “armored soldiers” like Saint Seiya but using Hindu deities instead of Greek. And it’s kind of funny that India & Greek culture also brought up in Broken Blade.
Old 2014-05-01, 18:47   Link #53
Chosen_Hero

Why is it that every time I hear Hodr I think about Game of Thrones?

Liking the anime, also like the desings of the golems especially Broken Blade.

Why is Zess and his team acting like they are the victims? Weren't they prepared to lose at least one or two people? Are they really so cocky they though noone was going to die?

So wait the girl thag died was 15 - 16 years old but her friend who she goes to the same school with is 12 years old? (With any over developed body at that) am I they only one who sees something wrong here? Shouldn't she be like 15 - 16 too? I mean they are classmates or is there something I'm missing?
Old 2014-05-26, 13:33   Link #54
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 13:20   Link #55
Jagger

Girges is awesome. Now go save him Rygart :X
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:01   Link #56
kanon78
Confederate

Finally we arrived at where the previous adaptation made some questionable/horrible changes (like cutting the epic Girge fight). They better blow their budget animating the Girge one-man-army show this time.
@Jagger:
Spoiler for Girge one-man-army:
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 11:57   Link #57
nosaer

I just started watching this a few weeks ago and I've gotta say its pretty awesome so far. I'm brand new to the series and know nothing outside of this anime, but I like it. Girge is a pretty interesting character as well. acting like he was scared, then catching the enemy off guard and demolishing a chunk of their forces. I'm curious how His and Rygart's roles will develop since they seem to be the 2 most important soldiers currently.

also I think some of you may be a bit too hard on zess. He's still not at a high enough rank to make big diplomatic decisions. it wouldn't exactly be easy for him to talk to hodr either...But I am curious how a 12 year old girl can look 20. what kind of modifications do these people have? could it be part of the reason the "ancients" don't "recognize" them as human?
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 16:20   Link #58
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
Finally we arrived at where the previous adaptation made some questionable/horrible changes (like cutting the epic Girge fight). They better blow their budget animating the Girge one-man-army show this time.
@Jagger:
Spoiler for Girge one-man-army:
They did in episode 10. I just realized he was piloting an Artemis. I'm a little curious on how they're going to end it since there's only 12 episodes and 10 have been aired already.
Old 2014-06-10, 19:55   Link #59
nosaer

Episode 10 might have had the most epic mech fight I have ever seen. the word Boss was created to describe the way Girge just went out. I can't think of a single other pilot in any other mech anime that did what he Just did. That would be like someone taking out all 5 Gundams simultaneously in a leo lol. Its such a shame that he had to die. I wonder what's going to happen next
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 21:35   Link #60
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Episode 10 might have had the most epic mech fight I have ever seen. the word Boss was created to describe the way Girge just went out. I can't think of a single other pilot in any other mech anime that did what he Just did. That would be like someone taking out all 5 Gundams simultaneously in a leo lol. Its such a shame that he had to die. I wonder what's going to happen next
Yeah and golem has a lot more limitations than a Gundam. Girge seemed to have mastered the full mechanics of his Artemis which allowed him to easily maneuver his golem.