AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-10-06, 13:09   Link #121
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Hmm, well this is a dark series as I had expected and we get introduction of the main cast right away with characters like Onna, Wizard, etc.

The action is on fire with the fighting against the goblins. Poor Wizard girl though. It seems the TV version had to tone the violence down somewhat for the episode. But in the meantime, I think it captured the mood of the series for now.

We got Goblin Slayer making his appearance too of course and that's quite an impression he's made.

AT-X indeed has the uncensored version and I bet BD/DVDs will too.
I believe the AT-X version is not much different, the BS 11 channel showed the same episode.:
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/136760
Old 2018-10-06, 13:34   Link #122
Random14

Not bad first episode, it met most of my expectations in a good way. Decent enough animation and I'm glad it didn't linger quite too long on the horror, unlike the manga which went overboard. If I didn't know this was a series, I might think this was just an OVA with the way the first episode ended. I'm curious how they'll adapt other things, but glad they added a dice sound at the end.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. I can put up with the horror for one episode, to show this isn't a happy go lucky fantasy, but fortunately Goblin Slayer has way more experience than those poor rookies. Not often you hear a medieval fighter use gasoline, and that's just the beginning.
Old 2018-10-06, 13:42   Link #123
RDNexus

I've yet to watch the episode, but rape is something I loathe with all my soul.
I sure hope such things won't happen too often over the course of this adaptation
Old 2018-10-06, 13:56   Link #124
Tenzen12

Goblins are very rapey race, but GB and his eventual companions aren't that weak or green to experience that first handely. It's more of story punishing and stopping rapists (goblins) then showing off act itself.

That said it needed show up how terrifing and hateful creatures goblins are, even if they are (stat wise) weak and not exactly smart. So it never dissappear completely
Old 2018-10-06, 14:07   Link #125
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

Oh look, someone who still uses Yaraon! *throws him into the Goblins Den*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread