AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 20:14   Link #361
Jeevas1330
深くものを考える人

Spoiler for ending:

The ending was too quick... They needed to make it longer...
Old 2008-06-26, 07:13   Link #362
Scion

They couldn't really make the ending longer anymore since what was going to happen. Light was being watched and they already set up a date, it's true he could have escaped but everybody would already know him, and he would be hunted down and killed
Old 2008-06-29, 00:45   Link #363
Traece
:cool:

I kind of had the Death Note ending spoiled by a joke my friend made about Light's athleticism.

Actually, I always knew it would end in such a fashion considering Light is technically a bad guy by standards and... Well... Yeah..

Though I would have rather had the ending be a bit more... Involved. Just have the whole baddie cast involved. Light, Misa, Eraserman... Some sort of involved face-off type of thing. Maybe Misa takes a bullet for Light and he spills the beans that he never loved her just because he's cruel like that? Who knows. But I'm not saying it was a bad ending.
Old 2008-06-29, 03:49   Link #364
Ezuraiya
*.*Hyper Active*.*

Send a message via MSN to Ezuraiya
The ending depressed me T-T But all good things come to an end at some point
Old 2008-07-02, 04:53   Link #365
trenton9

Am I the only one who was kind of bummed out by the whole nothingness thing? It made me sad - both in the anime and mana.
Old 2008-07-04, 06:02   Link #366
Little Machi
Banned

The creators have often left things for the readers to assume. It made me sad too, but maybe we're jumping the gun here. It didn't say specifically that they just cease to exist, but that they go to "nothingness". While that may seem like the natural conclusion, I believe it could mean other things as well, mainly that all souls go to a place where there is nothing-there is not eternal suffering and flames for sinners or eternal paradise for the faithful, just a place where there's nothing at all, but souls. I like that thought better.

By the way, did anyone else think the music that played in the ending started to sound like the happy ending music at the end of movies you see in theatres. It made me laugh a bit.>_>
Old 2008-07-06, 20:54   Link #367
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
The creators have often left things for the readers to assume. It made me sad too, but maybe we're jumping the gun here. It didn't say specifically that they just cease to exist, but that they go to "nothingness". While that may seem like the natural conclusion, I believe it could mean other things as well, mainly that all souls go to a place where there is nothing-there is not eternal suffering and flames for sinners or eternal paradise for the faithful, just a place where there's nothing at all, but souls. I like that thought better.
Given that we actually see souls leaving the human realm for someplace when viewed from the Shinigami one in the beginning I'd say it's entirely possible. Still pretty bleak either way though.
Old 2008-08-19, 23:58   Link #368
partyboy296

well i think the ending could have been better but i enjoyed it but heres a ? didnt they show his death before it happend because i rember when they showed lights life span and than didnt they say the date when they all meet?
Old 2008-08-20, 00:06   Link #369
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyboy296 View Post
well i think the ending could have been better but i enjoyed it but heres a ? didnt they show his death before it happend because i rember when they showed lights life span and than didnt they say the date when they all meet?
No real idea what you're talking about. They showed Light's lifespan as gibberish, they never showed a concrete date.
Old 2008-08-20, 00:24   Link #370
partyboy296

are u sure i rember the gibberish but above that the was a date in numbers
Old 2008-08-20, 09:21   Link #371
Andraziel
Victory is in my grasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyboy296 View Post
are u sure i rember the gibberish but above that the was a date in numbers
As i remember the numbers represent the remaining lifetime but we don't know in what are counting(minutes,hours,days,etc). Even Ryuk mentions early in the series that he can calculate these numbers in human time but not in a specific date
Old 2008-08-23, 16:45   Link #372
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andraziel View Post
As i remember the numbers represent the remaining lifetime but we don't know in what are counting(minutes,hours,days,etc). Even Ryuk mentions early in the series that he can calculate these numbers in human time but not in a specific date
There was someone who figured that out and wrote on wikipedia Light's remaining life spam but I don't know if he's right of wrong and I didn't get what he was talking bout.
Old 2008-08-23, 16:50   Link #373
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuinoyume View Post
There was someone who figured that out and wrote on wikipedia Light's remaining life spam but I don't know if he's right of wrong and I didn't get what he was talking bout.
http://www.wikihow.com/Read-Shinigam...rom-Death-Note
Old 2008-08-23, 17:03   Link #374
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
Thanks I didn't knew that this site existed, I might have stumbled across it a number of times but I thought it was wikipedia.
Old 2008-08-24, 11:11   Link #375
Andraziel
Victory is in my grasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuinoyume View Post
Thanks for mention it. I checked it and its totally meaningless
1st) The Author of this says its for the book and for the film.(Maybe they have more details about this), because the anime don't give us clues
2nd) Anyway i test it and according to that.... most of the characters that we see lifespan they will reach 100 years old (LOL!!!)
3rd) Imo it will be stupid if the creators (Thank God they didn't) giving us clues that this character will die tomorrow or this one will die in one week. It destroys the suspense. EVEN if they did i don't think it will be too obvious
Old 2008-09-03, 06:42   Link #376
Mello
o(≧∀≦)o

I like the end, but i'm little bit sad because is now over
Old 2008-09-03, 08:29   Link #377
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello View Post
I like the end, but i'm little bit sad because is now over
You could always watch the TV specials, read the manga or look into the live-action movies.
Old 2008-09-27, 14:11   Link #378
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andraziel View Post
Thanks for mention it. I checked it and its totally meaningless
1st) The Author of this says its for the book and for the film.(Maybe they have more details about this), because the anime don't give us clues
2nd) Anyway i test it and according to that.... most of the characters that we see lifespan they will reach 100 years old (LOL!!!)
3rd) Imo it will be stupid if the creators (Thank God they didn't) giving us clues that this character will die tomorrow or this one will die in one week. It destroys the suspense. EVEN if they did i don't think it will be too obvious
Remember: Your 'remaining lifespan' doesn't include Death Note-inflicted deaths (obviously, since when you're killed by a Shinigami using a death note, your remaining life goes to them, while if you're killed by a human it's specifically said it doesn't -- so you must have remaining life.)

So it's perfectly reasonable for most of the characters to have 100-year lifespans, since just about every major death in the show is Death Note inflicted. (Light's in particular is obviously not useful, since we know from the very beginning that he will be killed via Death Note.)

And I thought the show was pretty clear on the fact that humans dissolve into nothingness on death...
Old 2008-09-28, 05:55   Link #379
Carlos45

Bah, Light had to die! Well piss taking!! If you're looking for a anime like death note, I suggest watching Code Geass, since i reckon that's even better than death note, and it has a lot of action, and theres a lot of similarities, such as both of them want to make a new world, theres plenty more, but that's a example
Old 2008-09-28, 10:39   Link #380
Jaya,
Magnetic

I thought it was kind of depressing, but I think that's one of the reasons I liked it so much.
Closed Thread