AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-07-31, 02:39   Link #421
Jaden

Babbling Book seems bad, since a mage doesn't have much synergy with summoning 1/1s, and you would normally pick a spell that fits your deck instead of receiving a random one, and the 1-mana slot has competition from the amazing Mana Wyrm. The only place I see it being good is in a Reno deck, or putting in an optimistic Brann Bronzebeard. Firelands Portal is decent value though.
Old 2016-07-31, 11:57   Link #422
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

No, putting in a spell doesn't equal Babbling Book. Mage has a lot of average to good spell that you usually wouldn't run in your deck but don't mind getting from somewhere else. Mage also passes T1 if they don't have Wyrm and this gives you something to play. Additionally Babbling Book is potentially a much better draw at later turns, doesn't thin out your deck for fatigue and gives you an additional spell for decks that care about that (yogg).
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 22:21   Link #423
Jaden

Eh, I don't see the appeal. The most similar card is Webspinner, and that doesn't see very much play even though the 1/1 beast is more useful for a hunter than this 1/1 book is for a mage. I'd include it in Reno mage, and in a meme mage where my objective is to max out the Yogg-Saron madness. In all other cases I'd put in a card of my choice rather than receive a random one.
Old 2016-08-01, 06:52   Link #424
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
More new cards.

Book Wyrm (Neutral Minion) - 3/6 for 6- Battlecry: If you are holding a Dragon, destroy a minion with 3 or less attack. (Dragon)
Moroes (Legendary) - 1/1 for 3 - Stealth. At the end of your turn, summon a 1/1 Steward.
Prince Malchezaar (Legendary) - 5/6 for 5 - At the start of this game, shuffle 5 random Legendary minions into your deck. (Demon)
Save the King (Warrior Spell) - 3 Mana - For each Enemy Minion, summon a 1/1 Pawn with Taunt.
Kara Kazham! (Warlock Spell) - 5 Mana - Summon a 1/1 Candle, 2/2 Broom, and 3/3 Teapot.

Malchezaar does not give dupes or legendaries from other classes, only legendaries that are neutral or from your class and are not already in your deck. Effect triggers ONCE at the start of the game regardless of where Malchezaar is.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2016-08-01 at 12:10.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 15:53   Link #425
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
The latest brawl is the stupidest one I've seen of them all .. Whoever thought it's a great idea to make a brawl a solo battle? And a battle you can't lose at that. Doesn't matter whether you do 1 damage or 500 damage to the enemy hero, you win regardless. There should AT LEAST be additional rewards for if you reach certain scores .. but there isn't. And there isn't a leaderboard to compare your scores to other players either so what is the point really?!
Old 2016-08-03, 17:22   Link #426
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I like the idea of a brawl that let's you create the highest possible attack strategy. Aside of missing a score board there is nothing really wrong with this brawl.
Old 2016-08-03, 18:36   Link #427
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

At least this week's brawl can grant you quick and easy wins for any of your classes for your quests.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-03, 19:14   Link #428
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I like the idea of a brawl that let's you create the highest possible attack strategy. Aside of missing a score board there is nothing really wrong with this brawl.
Strategy? Hardly. My friend said this brawl is completely broken if you destroy your opponent's weapon. The cards your opponent has and the way it plays them does not offer much threat it at all - it's that buff on his minions that comes from his weapon that is the real problem.

On my first game I did an Astral Communion type of deck and I did over 200 damage to the opponent before dying, and this was with dealing not only with his bs weapon, but the fact I got Majordomo out of Sneed's Old Shredder which effectively reduced my health to 8 for the whole match .. If I tweak the deck and throw a Harrison or just some Oozes in there I could score so much more.. hell I wouldn't be surprised if we went into fatigue.
Old 2016-08-04, 00:13   Link #429
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Manged 254 with Aviana Druid and 193 with Control Warrior.

I like this brawl. It's very good for allowing newer players to get their stuff done and allows the seasoned players to theorycraft. There's already a lot of crap for newer players to overcome as it is with the disgusting state of the meta. Heck, Kripparrian and many other seasoned players have said Karazhan needs to shake things up big time. However, Kripp is very annoyed by Firelands Portal being a common and how it will be seen often in Arena. I think he makes a good point - why is that a common while Babbling Book is a rare??

There is a noticable difference to this week's brawl. Because you can't lose, victories only mean anything for dailies. The 10 gold per 3 victories thing doesn't accrue in this brawl. Which is fair enough.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2016-08-04 at 02:35.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 04:40   Link #430
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Strategy? Hardly. My friend said this brawl is completely broken if you destroy your opponent's weapon. The cards your opponent has and the way it plays them does not offer much threat it at all - it's that buff on his minions that comes from his weapon that is the real problem.

On my first game I did an Astral Communion type of deck and I did over 200 damage to the opponent before dying, and this was with dealing not only with his bs weapon, but the fact I got Majordomo out of Sneed's Old Shredder which effectively reduced my health to 8 for the whole match .. If I tweak the deck and throw a Harrison or just some Oozes in there I could score so much more.. hell I wouldn't be surprised if we went into fatigue.
There are only so many weapon destroying effects in HS and aside from Oozes and Harrison most of them are subpar. It will buff up its weapon soon enough regardless of how many of them you run.

Got ~750 damage with combo priest + silences.
Old 2016-08-05, 06:25   Link #431
Skane
Anime Snark

Hysteria already achieved over 2 billion damage.

Old 2016-08-07, 11:45   Link #432
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Karazhan full set

There's some good stuff. They seem to be trying to promote more Control play. Maybe this will appear as second tier stuff for tournaments. I don't see this affecting the top tier decks.

I personally think Blizzard made this a weak one so that WoW: Legion and Overwatch's Summer Olympics period get more focus and more cash intake.
Old 2016-08-07, 22:43   Link #433
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's an ok set. One that I don't mind basically unlocking via gold and not worrying when I get each wing.

Some of the cards could be handy. Mage gets more spell options and even secret support. Think a couple of those cards could fit into my fun Yogg Mage deck .

Curious what the plan is with Paladin. That portal is just garbage. Better off just using a Blessing of Kings. Though some supports in this expansion for dragon decks so that might might be an improved option.

Kind of a weak adventure to be sure. But will see how things shake out.
Old 2016-08-17, 12:56   Link #434
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Brawl was initially tough when I first tried, but it's easy when you coordinate with a friend. Boss AOE nukes at 160 at 60 then you can kill after 60. Shaman buffs minions for attack/windfury, Priest heals. Summon enough minions to soak up damage. Dragonstalker is the card to win, save it for the end. Save the bananas for him, that's how you win.

Have yet to play with someone on the brawl that knows what to do for the pack. I just concede when I see players use rockbiter on the first few turns.

Old 2016-08-17, 13:55   Link #435
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

2nd shot, I was Shaman, co-op person was Priest. Clearly they had learnt from a previous match what I learnt.

We buffed the hell out of my Dragonstalker so that it survived the AoE nuke. It finished the game at 152/145 with Windfury. It was glorious.

Doubt I'll do that one again, though. I really don't think enough players will get it. And when they do, they will stop and be replaced with new people that don't know.

It was a very nice brawl concept and to plan a win for. But not one to spam.
Old 2016-08-18, 13:38   Link #436
Jaden

Seems pretty straightforward, had the quest to win 5 brawls, and won 5 in a row. That boss has no means of silencing or removing minions, so using buffs to make a super minion is the way to go. Doesn't even matter which one, though Stonebeak Gargoyle and the Dragonstalker are best. Validated Doomsayer and Bolf are the only ones that don't really work, heh.

Last edited by Jaden; 2016-08-18 at 14:52.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 14:54   Link #437
Dist

Did it twice .. both times as priest. It was really easy but it took time. I think the Mechazoid one is far harder but also seems to be a bit faster.

Both games we didn't even get to super good minions .. Mostly due to bad draws and whatnot .. The 30 dmg aoe spell wiped board both games but we still came back from that easily and beat him.

The first game Nefarian did that spell where it swapped my hands with the opponents ... That was pretty amusing. I wish that was a thing in the game itself .. Legendary minion to switch hands with opponent? Lmao.
Old 2016-08-18, 14:59   Link #438
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Legendary minion to switch hands with opponent? Lmao.
That is intriguing...something for the 5 slot? It'd be more of a Control deck counter, but given the trends in the last couple of weeks, more Control stuff is appearing.
Old 2016-09-14, 02:52   Link #439
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Wish I could enjoy my dragon control warrior, but I'm getting sick of mirror matches or dragon priests. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 2 warrior quests too that I'm halfway through both...

Old 2016-09-14, 03:05   Link #440
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Seems like Freeze Mage got a major overhaul now that Babbling Book, Medivh's Valet and The Curator are now staples. N'Zoth Rogue also feels more legit now that Swashbuckler and Barnes are around.