Notices

Old 2018-06-29, 20:00   Link #21561
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
4 new DD guns and one of them have interesting fairies

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They pretty much told us who's gonna be the next to get a second remodel.

As much as the news gun might be interesting to me (at least the two war improvement one), it's the implementing of a ''fit gun''-like system for destroyer than could have the biggest impact.

One thing though, with all the news stuff Added, am I the only one thinking than destroyers might have a bigger roola than usual in the next events?
Old 2018-06-30, 00:58   Link #21562
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
They pretty much told us who's gonna be the next to get a second remodel.

As much as the news gun might be interesting to me (at least the two war improvement one), it's the implementing of a ''fit gun''-like system for destroyer than could have the biggest impact.

One thing though, with all the news stuff Added, am I the only one thinking than destroyers might have a bigger roola than usual in the next events?
You are right, they told us in their roundabout way. If there are still people doubting, well...

As for the DD fit guns mechanics, I prefer to see it as a slight buff for event maps where you need DDs a lot, like the Transport Fleet map. But Tanaka being Tanaka, he will likely stealth buff Abyssal fleets to "balance" it out.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 06:20   Link #21563
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

As for the DD fit guns mechanics, I prefer to see it as a slight buff for event maps where you need DDs a lot, like the Transport Fleet map. But Tanaka being Tanaka, he will likely stealth buff Abyssal fleets to "balance" it out.
Which would make the foreign DDs borderline useless, as they get no such bonus
Maybe its just really bad RNG but I have yet to see more than occasional good hits from Tashkent and her Russian guns.
Not to mention reports of her being the new Shigure...

---
Do we know as what IseK2 counts yet btw?
The card reads Aircraft Carrier but the wiki and KC32 have her as BBV...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-06-30 at 06:30.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 07:37   Link #21564
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Do we know as what IseK2 counts yet btw?
The card reads Aircraft Carrier but the wiki and KC32 have her as BBV...
The card doesn't read aircraft carrier...
Old 2018-06-30, 08:13   Link #21565
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
The card doesn't read aircraft carrier...
No idea what the Kanji say, but the Holo on the right clearly reads Aircraft, while the rest is obscured by Ise's rig.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-06-30, 08:51   Link #21566
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The text is actually "Aircraft Battleship" according to the index entry.
The kanji on her logo are basically 航母戦 from 改造航空戦艦, so she is officially a "Remodeled aviation battleship".
Old 2018-06-30, 17:05   Link #21567
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Which would make the foreign DDs borderline useless, as they get no such bonus
Maybe its just really bad RNG but I have yet to see more than occasional good hits from Tashkent and her Russian guns.
Not to mention reports of her being the new Shigure...
Didn't the devs tweeted than both Taskent and Samuel B Robert had fit bonnus with their own gun ?

BTW, what do you mean by Tashkent being the ''new Shigure'' ?
Old 2018-07-01, 03:52   Link #21568
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The text is actually "Aircraft Battleship" according to the index entry.
The kanji on her logo are basically 航母戦 from 改造航空戦艦, so she is officially a "Remodeled aviation battleship".
Thanks, so I guess that means she counts as BBV for routing?

The Devs should really stop hiding that text behind the some of the bigger ships rigs.

Quote:
Didn't the devs tweeted than both Taskent and Samuel B Robert had fit bonnus with their own gun ?

BTW, what do you mean by Tashkent being the ''new Shigure'' ?
If they ever did then it must be a different one than the Japanese DDs get, because their evasion is horrible. Still leaves out Littorio and Jervis though.
That being said Tashkent is still one of my fav DDs. - I just wish I could level her more often, but alas the K2 DD storm is keeping me from it.

Its also rather rare that I see Tashkent land good hits too, which might be related to her being only lv 65 though.

ad Shigure
Don't you know the Shigurekt meme?

Old 2018-07-01, 05:19   Link #21569
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
The Devs should really stop hiding that text behind the some of the bigger ships rigs.
Why do the Japanese devs need to cater the needs of a minority of foreign players when the game is entirely in Japanese anyway? The key is what's written in kanji in that gear on the upper left corner. As long as that's visible it's fine.
Old 2018-07-01, 05:21   Link #21570
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Its also rather rare that I see Tashkent land good hits too, which might be related to her being only lv 65 though.

ad Shigure
Don't you know the Shigurekt meme?
Tashkent have been usefull to me for that quartely quest when you have to get a S-Victory at 6-4. I did level her to Lv95 and that probably helped a lot.

I did saw the Shigurekt meme a few time but it isn't the only thing she is know for. To me the biggest issue with her is than there have been so many DD kai-ni getting specific role than she have kind of fallen behind as a good ''jack of all trade, master of none'' but outperformed by so many when it come to specific job.
Old 2018-07-01, 06:30   Link #21571
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Why do the Japanese devs need to cater the needs of a minority of foreign players when the game is entirely in Japanese anyway? The key is what's written in kanji in that gear on the upper left corner. As long as that's visible it's fine.
The question isn't whether they should cater a minority, but "why put it there to begin with when half of it is invisible anyway". - Especially when its written on the top left anyway.

Old 2018-07-01, 08:08   Link #21572
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
The question isn't whether they should cater a minority, but "why put it there to begin with when half of it is invisible anyway". - Especially when its written on the top left anyway.
You have some really strange complaints sometimes.

It's part of the layout design of the card. Your question is as smart as asking why holo cards are shining... Deal with it.
Old 2018-07-05, 09:49   Link #21573
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/s...70995603374085

Next maintenance + Ichiban K2 planned for next Thursday (12 July).

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 14:12   Link #21574
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

#1 of the K2 incoming.
Old 2018-07-07, 01:01   Link #21575
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Tenryuu will finally gets her K2, while some who are barely touching the game and mostly came for the memes and the popular ships are rejoicing , the veterans may have low expectations on her specs after seeing how Tatsuta turned out. I mean, unless they come out with a niche that is mindblowing, especially after the standard set by Abukuma, it's another ship you barely sortie for events. At least even the Mutsuki have their uses, as daihatsu mules in Transport fleet maps.

The Agano sisters bullying continue.
Old 2018-07-07, 04:24   Link #21576
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I wasn't that dissapointed with Tatsuta Kai-Ni but the fact than she required a blueprint while having such stat didn't help her case and than we don't need a very large number of Light Cruiser for events ( did we even need more than 5 of them untill now ?). Save for one map, I only used one CL per Combined Fleet and in other cicconstances it was usually better to use either DD or CA insted of CL.
Quote:
The Agano sisters bullying continue.
There's also Kuma, Natori, Nagara, Yuubari and Ooyodo than don't have a second remodel … I wont deny than the Agano-class do feel neglected even after the allowed them to use seaplane bombers
Old 2018-07-07, 08:50   Link #21577
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

CL are sometimes stuck in an awkward place between the DDs and CAs. You can call them glorified DDs that can do artillery spotting and not be too wrong. And a lot of times, quest and route restrictions aside, CAs can do the CLs' work but better, except ASW which is off limits to normal CAs.

I think the devs should consider adding a mechanic that allows a CL flagship to buff the DDs in her fleet. It's a nod to their (Japanese) role as torpedo squadron leaders and would help the team with its sorties, so why not?

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 22:29   Link #21578
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

The hype have started!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-07-08, 12:54   Link #21579
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
There's also Kuma, Natori, Nagara, Yuubari and Ooyodo than don't have a second remodel … I wont deny than the Agano-class do feel neglected even after the allowed them to use seaplane bombers
While they aren't light cruisers: Takao and Atago are in a far worse position, and I don't see that one to get resolved soon. Yahagi has at least an ample chance to get upgraded within the next one or two events.

---
Both my Tenryu and my Shiratsuyu are lv 80, so I think I'm ready for their K2s

Old 2018-07-12, 08:58   Link #21580
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tenryuu looks really good.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls