AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2021-10-09, 12:26   Link #41
devilo96

man i hope this ova is just the begining and we will get the real conclusion about sherly wake up and meet again with alto i mean they already spoiler it in bd but u know i need more detail or epilogue after alto and sherly meet again (wish they got married as the final scene if we can get another ova)
they should end it like tales of arise when bot mc and fmc...nvm..it will be spoilers

extra note :both of them is ova or delta is not ova but movie and both show up in theater right?
if yes..gonna wait for the bd out
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 13:11   Link #42
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
extra note :both of them is ova or delta is not ova but movie and both show up in theater right?
if yes..gonna wait for the bd out
In theater, both showed back-to-back.

However, for home release, it's important to remember Frontier and Delta are from entirely separate series of Macross. And if the albums which are already available for pre-order on CD Japan are any indication, the Blu-rays will be entirely separate releases. Meaning the short film for Frontier will receive its own release apart from Delta's movie. Which will be a pain for people who would like to order both. I already know these two releases will end up costing me over $180 because... $80 for the movie, $30 maybe for the short film, plus $20 shipping... ugh. (FYI: Those are estimated prices based on the first Delta movie release 2 years ago before the U.S. even had changes to imports. So it's likely those prices are even higher now. Plus tax. Joys...)

Hopefully Harmony Gold will sort itself out before it hits home release, that's all I can hope for.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 14:36   Link #43
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
One they haven't milked in years, so yeah. Hopefully we'll get something.
That's also a way of saying, the milk is no longer fresh, it became spoiled.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 02:28   Link #44
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That's also a way of saying, the milk is no longer fresh, it became spoiled.

- Tak
Eh, rather frozen and now unfrozen. Still feels fresh.
Old 2022-09-29, 03:39   Link #45
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

021-5 and FO9
Old 2022-09-29, 13:11   Link #46
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

025-8 and SO4

Yeah, so the blu-ray is out. Finally, finally, finally got a chance to watch this. I enjoyed it. I liked the song from the beginning when it was released on iTunes and the like months ago, and the animation accompanying it was pretty darn good. This wasn't some underfunded side project. It felt like some substantial artistic heft was put behind it.

Basic premise is Ranka is at a concert and a protoculture ruin calls out to her. She and the Skull Squadron crew go out to investigate and Ranka enters a big protoculture structure that resonates with her singing and echoes and amplifies her memories of Alto and Sheryl in dramatic musical fashion. In the end, the structure fires a beam off into space supposedly pointing the way to Alto.

Again, the animation was pretty well top notch. Lots of great effects. A surprising amount of good hand drawn animation. There's one scene of Ranka pulling off a waterlogged jacket while running where the camera spins and spins around her and it's just excellently drawn! The very end went a bit more computer animated like d Shooting' Star b or some of the more recently Macross Delta songs... but it's all glowy and fold magic etherealness by that point so it's not too big a distraction.

If I was in charge of Macross, I'd do a few of these short films detailing the finding of Alto and reviving of Sheryl. As it is... I don't have a ton of confidence the minor bit of plot here will actually lead anywhere, but I liked the way it pointed nevertheless.
Old 2022-09-29, 21:26   Link #47
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I really like Ranka's new hair... everyone else kinda looks the same though. Nanase looks a tad more mature maybe?

I would not mind seeing more Frontier but I guess we'll see.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 22:49   Link #48
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I really like Ranka's new hair... everyone else kinda looks the same though. Nanase looks a tad more mature maybe?

I would not mind seeing more Frontier but I guess we'll see.
Nanase wasn't forced to be Ms. Boobs. She actually got to wear a jacket that fit! And yeah, really liked the tweaks to make Ranka just a tad older. Hair for sure, but in general they draw her just a bit more mature than she was originally.

The transition between Nyan Nyan Ranka and modern, long hair Ranka was cool... but also amuses me because although we're in the Alto is Missing, Sheryl is in a Coma "Wings of Goodbye" timeline... her sprinkler park meeting with Alto took place in the original anime timeline. So... quite a mixture of things going on there in that one short crossfade.
Old 2022-09-30, 13:42   Link #49
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Kawamori has always mixed things up like that though, at least with SDFM and DYRL.

I'm curious how much time is implied to have passed, it seems entirely possible Delta could hand off the the Lady M storyline to Frontier but its probably a good time for a new series too so we'll see. I totally think Ranka could work as a lead especially with new characters but at 24 or so she's dangerously close to Xmas cake and her seiyuu isn't very active anymore either.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 03:02   Link #50
magnuskn

Yeah, finally saw it as well. Damn, that activated all the nostalgia sensors in my body. And I am not even that big a fan of the film version, since they changed both Altos and Sheryls character for the worse from the TV version (with big improvements to Ranka and Michael survives as well, so there's that).

Yeah, I can only hope that this means we'll get a new OVA one of those days. Hoping for a sequel probably is way too much to hope for with Kawamori. But he still got it, as can be seen in this short OVA, so Delta wasn't a permanent indicator of a downward trajectory.

In any case, it seems that beam pointed to somewhere out of the galaxy. Quite a ways off you went, Alto.
Old 2022-11-05, 20:34   Link #51
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am that guy who liked Frontier movies more than a series as I considered the plot and characters to be more consistent there (I don't want to argue about it yet again, tastes differ). So I am glad this short took off from the second movie final. To bad they left us with cliffhanger yet again. Let's hope we'll see more in the future.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote