KanColle - Anime Sequel Discussion

Well at least season 2 is confirmed
refrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 11:45   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

KanColle - Anime Sequel Discussion [Fall 2022]

Welcome to the Anime Sequel Discussion thread for KanColle.

The final episode of the TV series has revealed that the production of a sequel for the anime series has been decided.

As more information will probably be disclosed later, please use this thread to discuss about your expectations for the sequel.
Please note I used the term "sequel" and not season 2 or anything because there isn't any indication if the sequel will be a second season or a movie.

Again, the general discussion guidelines still apply. Also please do not use this thread to discuss about the original TV series..

Last edited by Klashikari; 2015-03-25 at 13:40.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 11:51   Link #3
Kakurin
大佐

is the indication going towards a movie or a second season?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2015-03-25 at 13:37.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 12:00   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They used 続編制作決定, which is a bit sketchy since the next medium will be a sequel to the anime series, but there is nothing that indicates clearly its form. 製作 is vague as it can be translated as "production/creation".

Considering how it went, it is most likely a second series. I just hope the director will be changed and/or the latter actually learn from his mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
The "第二回" refers to a second event like they back last year, which was promoting the game and the anime production. It doesn't confirm it will be a second season which should be 第二期.
Old 2015-03-25, 12:04   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

Someone seriously to change the director yo make S2 work.

And please, no more Fubuki, pretty please!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 12:16   Link #6
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
They used 続編制作決定, which is a bit sketchy since the next medium will be a sequel to the anime series, but there is nothing that indicates clearly its form. 製作 is vague as it can be translated as "production/creation".

Considering how it went, it is most likely a second series. I just hope the director will be changed and/or the latter actually learn from his mistakes.

The "第二回" refers to a second event like they back last year, which was promoting the game and the anime production. It doesn't confirm it will be a second season which should be 第二期.
Well 制作 means to make or to manufacture (for example 制作家具 is to make furniture) so it's a verb, not a noun. So I'd interpret it as 続編 (sequel) 制作 (to make) 决定 (decided); hence the decision to make a sequel has been decided.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 12:17   Link #7
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I dont care who is the main character of S2, any of the starter ships will do, as long as we get the Germans, the submarines, more Shigure, Beaver and the rest of the Kagerou, the Agano and Maya + Choukai.
Old 2015-03-25, 12:19   Link #8
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I dont care who is the main character of S2, any of the starter ships will do, as long as we get the Germans, the submarines, more Shigure, Beaver and the rest of the Kagerou, the Agano and Maya + Choukai.
aka get the rest of the fleet XD
so plans for s2 would be around fall?
Old 2015-03-25, 12:33   Link #9
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
-Germans would be seen as some favoritism compared to many kanmusu who were there way before these. I really don't think it is a good idea.

-I really think they deliberately avoided SS because 1) it would force them to animate underwater fights 2) it would be difficult to show them launching several torpedoes except Hachi with her books and Shioi.

Frankly, there is no need for more characters, although I agree they should make some rotation.
What they really have to do:
-Actually give more thoughts to the scenario and directing
-work more on the pacing issues
-less "game gimmicks", particularly the catch phrases which are often too intrusive. This episode took the cake, more than Hibiki in the previous episodes.
Old 2015-03-25, 12:43   Link #10
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Just remove all the drama and make cute girl doing cute thing. I mean why do they even have to forced hall-assed drama?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 12:49   Link #11
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Just remove all the drama and make cute girl doing cute thing. I mean why do they even have to forced hall-assed drama?
It isn't like it is impossible to have tension and serious stuff with more relaxing parts. Some series did the trick quite well already.
Also, just focusing on the cute girls is a bit detrimental since the franchise is more than just moe girls.

But yeah, they should really do something about that badly written/directed drama of the second half.
Old 2015-03-25, 12:54   Link #12
Marina2

Reboot the series or do alternate universe story might be better than continue from the end of SS1.

They should focus more on SOL because it seems to be what they are good at. (Ep.6, for example)
Old 2015-03-25, 12:57   Link #13
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am more for a different focus on a different set of characters, through the eyes of a different starter ship. Also, all that bitching against Fubuki is blown out of proportion.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:01   Link #14
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't like it is impossible to have tension and serious stuff with more relaxing parts. Some series did the trick quite well already.
Also, just focusing on the cute girls is a bit detrimental since the franchise is more than just moe girls.

But yeah, they should really do something about that badly written/directed drama of the second half.
I dont mind some drama. But at least make it consistent. Not just randomly drop "drama bomb" and simply forget about it.

Feel like the anime production is simply "listing what kancolle anime should have" like "Episode dedicated to certain ship", "ship sunk episode", "kai ni episode", etc. But they seem dont care how each episode is connected to each other.

Then again is pretty clear they make the anime for marketing.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:16   Link #15
Jackster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Reboot the series or do alternate universe story might be better than continue from the end of SS1.

They should focus more on SOL because it seems to be what they are good at. (Ep.6, for example)
I counld't agree more with that.
Spoiler for Ep. 12 Spoiler:

Two things they could improve with a 2nd season would be:
1. SHOW THE DAMN ADMIRAL.
2. How about 2 Navel Bases with 2 different fleets and different admirals.

This way they could also divide the Characters up a bit better and at the end have a battle were all have to work together.
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:22   Link #16
Miraluka
Banned

Again.

They could learn A LOT from Idol master franchise.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:23   Link #17
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Totally agreed on the Admiral part. OTOH, Two, male and female, like in that Shimakaze manga, would be just wishful thinking on my part.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 13:37   Link #18
cloud04
Scanlator

but a 2 base back and forth in a 12 epi is just asking for cutting corners
Old 2015-03-25, 13:42   Link #19
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Thats why I said "wishful thinking".
Old 2015-03-25, 13:44   Link #20
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
They could learn A LOT from Idol master franchise.
If you already want to learn from an idol franchise, please learn from Love Live S2 instead.

This last episode in some ways reflects the faults that have plagued the anime overall. The two main points sticking out for me - that have to be addressed in the second season - are:

1) Questionable pacing and directing. For this episode it's specifically the conversations in the midst of the battle that just seem out of place. They are supposed to be in the heat of battle, yet they spend minutes on chatting, robbing the battle of much tension.

2) Questionable focus on subcharacters. The cherry on top of the cake of the pacing in this episode was the act between Kitakami and Ōi that was just so out of place. I fail to understand the appeal of repeating their act in every single episode. Any comedic effect their dynamic has was long worn out, yet they continued to get their spotlight episode after episode. Would've worked better from my perspective if they had a small core group built around Fubuki with different subcharacters getting their due from episode to episode.